FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH refund confirmation email query
View Single Post
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:39 am
FlyingJazzy

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by siw
Mods please move this thread if I have posted in the wrong location.

I had a LH ticket which I purchased last year for travel in 2 week time: LHR-MUC-DRS-FRA-LHR in Economy Light. Yesterday, LH cancelled the outbound flights and there was a 'refund' button on the flight details webpage once I logged in with the booking code. I went through the online steps through the sequence of webpages to ensure the refund. I have since recieved an email from LH but there is not mention of the the word 'refund' or cost coming back to my credit card. I have logged back into the flight details webpage and the 'refund' button is not there anymore - I assume because I have been through the refund process. There is no mention on the flight details page saying that the flight ticket has been nullified and a refund is in progress.

Is this usual by LH? This is the first time I have ever made an LH booking. My credit card does not yet show a refund is on the way back to me. Does it just take a few days since all airlines are very busy now. I would normally telephone an airline but due to the call centre overload then I know I will not get through. Can anybody illuminate me as to whether is this usual and I'll get the refund.

Thanks
It should be fine. I do cancellation through SEN line due to flight cancelled. I'm going to be refunded 100%. Later I received email approved the cancellation, without any details of refund. The refund should be credicted within 7-10 working days, as told by operator.