Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Brussels shutting down March 21 to June 1 2020

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I had a ticket to NYC for this week, obviously cancelled. My TA, says its not clear yet whether SN will refund. P-class.
Any thoughts?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I seem to be hitting a brick wall here.

Flights are cancelled, because SN is shut. The call centre say they can only rebook using the waiver posted by oliver2002 if there is a schedule change, but flights are cancelled in the PNR and the posted SN-shutdown waiver does not apply in the case of canx flights (AREN'T ALL SN FLIGHTS CANX NOW? ), so I am stuck with 3 days rule which is impossible and therefore rebooking is only possible in the same RBD for a future date.

I said, this sounds like the old waiver for the pax just looking to change their flights, not in cancellation case. She says no.

So applying to both LH and SN. You cannot rebook for free, even to first date of LH/SN operations (from PL theoretically 28/29 MAR for LH) unless same RBD is available. You have no choice but to leave the ticket open, in my case, I had a trip departing tomorrow and that will now go to open status because there is no feasible rebooking without an upsell on my part.

This makes no sense and is a total breach of EC261.

I understood:

Canx flight, rebook in same compartment- 3 day rule in the bin as LH not even flying for 3 days, so allow rebooking to any reasonable date for coupon validity.
SN ditto, as they are shut. Earliest dates theoretically 19/20 APR.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should add, the 3 day rule exists because in normal times there are literally tens, hundreds or thousands of flights to rebook. In this case, there are precisely 0.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by tgj1974
I had a ticket to NYC for this week, obviously cancelled. My TA, says its not clear yet whether SN will refund. P-class.
Any thoughts?
Tell the TA to do their job and process a refund. If the flight is cancelled and you have not used any part of the ticket so far its very easy for them to do. The problem with the entire travel industry right now is that they don't want to excarbate the already bad cash flow situation with refunds and ask all their customers to rebook or postpone instead. Remind them that you consider them to be your agent....!
ralfkrippner and hugolover like this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exactly, so its a bit of the slap in the face to say same RBD when you're giving them the cash to enjoy.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Tell the TA to do their job and process a refund. If the flight is cancelled and you have not used any part of the ticket so far its very easy for them to do. The problem with the entire travel industry right now is that they don't want to excarbate the already bad cash flow situation with refunds and ask all their customers to rebook or postpone instead. Remind them that you consider them to be your agent....!
Good thinking, they have requested a refund, but apparently says it will take 2 weeks to know if they will get it.......completely unused ticket.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by tgj1974
Good thinking, they have requested a refund, but apparently says it will take 2 weeks to know if they will get it.......completely unused ticket.
They will get the refund, no worries about that. The back office that processes the refunds is understandbly completely swamped.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 2:34 pm

My flight is cancelled. I purchased the ticket from SN on Feb 14. SN refuse to make a refund at the moment. Called several agents. Was told to call back later. Am I still entitled the refund after my flight should have taken place? It’s hard to understand thus SN only want’s to talk about rebooking options.

I’m greatful for any guidance!
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:34 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Yes you are. The EU regulation is crystal clear. Did you buy it with a credit card? Check if you can make a chargeback. Otherwise you might have to go to courts if they refuse to provide a refund.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:51 am

Will try to contact SN again in a few weeks. If I still got stuck I’ll go with the credit card option. Will report back. Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Henrik_B
My flight is cancelled. I purchased the ticket from SN on Feb 14. SN refuse to make a refund at the moment. Called several agents. Was told to call back later. Am I still entitled the refund after my flight should have taken place? It’s hard to understand thus SN only want’s to talk about rebooking options.

I’m greatful for any guidance!
And the rebooking options fly in the face on EC261 as well. Fare recalculation!
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:09 am

Seems they stopped refunds.....according to the internet.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:28 am

I called my credit card company (AMEX). They froze the transaction until the case has been audited.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are they bankrupt?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Are they bankrupt?
No, they are not bankrupt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.