Covid19: Brussels shutting down March 21 to June 1 2020

Old Mar 17, 2020, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More
Covid19: Brussels shutting down March 21 to June 1 2020

Brussels is the next in the LH Group to announce it will ground flights and passengers will be rebooked to other flights most likely LH and LX.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Waiver

Brussels Airlines temporarily suspends all flights from March 21 to April 19, 2020
Given the extraordinary circumstances caused by the global crisis due to the coronavirus, Brussels Airlines decided to temporarily suspend its flights from March 21 to April 19, 2020. Brussels Airlines will try its best to bring all passengers, crews and planes home.

In this regard, the rebooking rules come into force: TWP 2010
  • Apply to passengers with tickets for Brussels Airlines flights departing from March 21 to April 19, 2020 and issued on OS / LH / LX / SN / EN forms Reservation on an alternative flight of any Lufthansa Group airline (OS, LH, LX, SN, EW, 4U, WK, EN) - in the original or another booking class, but in the original class of service.
  • Reservation for flights operated by other airlines (OAL) - only in the original booking class New travel date: March 18-20, 2020
  • If the ticket is reissued in the endorsement box, a remark must be made: TWP 2009
You can rewrite tickets yourself; authorization from the airline is not required in this case.

We recommend that you follow the further development of events and read the rebooking / refund rules on the website www.irreg.lufthansaexperts.com.

Brussels Airlines will constantly monitor the situation and report about it, planning the resumption of flights on April 20, 2020.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:02 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Brussels Airlines Rules for handling of long term schedule changes and short term Brussels Airlines cancellations

https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_134373.pdf
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
file_134373.pdf (589.3 KB, 150 views)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no rebooking options in my case...

If I ask them not to let the PNR be archived and I don't rebook, then if and when they return to the skies or LH does, I can just get it rebooked as per a usual cancellation right?

I understood the process is to prevent archiving and then it won't be refunded. I can see a situation where in the first few days of new operations its Y and M only and it's useful to have a cancelled ticket that could be immediately switched.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:47 am

Adding a retention segment prevents it from getting archived, but even then it still exists in the system and can be retrieved if required.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 6:07 am

Programs: Eurobonus- Silver
STR - BRU 3\4 to 5\4

Hi everybody,
First of all, a lot of people probably have the same question, but i could not find anything on the forum that could help me, if there is such a thread, my apologies,
if you don't mind, I would like a link to the thread in question!

I have a trip from STR to BRU in april and one flight got cancelled, and the put me on a STR - FRA but without adding a leg to BRU.

Since I can't get to BRU, is it possible to get a refund ( and not a voucher)? I'd rather not rebook ( i have a light fare so i'd have to get them on the phone if i wanted to rebook - ... not possible atm)

Best,
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And it won't auto-refund, right?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:17 am

Nothing auto refunds.... it needs to be sent to a refund queue.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 4:23 am

I have a light fare, so i have to call them it appears.
Status Schedule change : that's what it says next to the "bogus" stuttgart frankfurt leg
Old Mar 19, 2020, 5:03 am

LH Group seems to be marking the newly added legs with TK (schedule change) to show that they were added. That way you document what happened....
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:35 am

Why don't they cancel my ticket and send me a refund ?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the clarifications posted by Commission on EC261 it seems SN are on the hook for Duty of Care due to SN totally shutting down.

Im thinking the best option would be weekly invoices for the costs incurred for stranded pax, that way, there might be a chance it might get paid before Carsten decides a liquidation action is in order.

There are a number of pax stuck abroad, who cannot leave by any means except maybe private and government repatriation flights.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:10 am

im flying LX and EW bought on LH website ( my post was moved here)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxcj
im flying LX and EW bought on LH website ( my post was moved here)
Yes of course you can get a refund, in full.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:14 am

How do you suggest I proceed ? I just call them ( if I manage to reach them one day?) and tell them i want a refund?

Because the list of options enumerated on the website does not say anything about refund

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.