Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2022, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Try the CS chat assistant on the webpage. It takes hours before a live agent will appear but when that happened rebooking went painless and smooth. Much better than dealing Indian speaking CS agents and no nonsense about ticket validity.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 4:57 am

So I called to get my on hold tickets refunded, and they've screwed me out of £250. Said that I called them, confirmed the change to the tickets (never happened), and then selected option 2 on the email (put tickets on hold) two days later. Note, zero confirmation of supposedly accepting the flights in my email.

In what possible world does that make any sense? Now I have to argue with them via complaints, and they'll hide behind this supposed phonecall.

Really angry about it.

Edit - Just checked my call logs. No calls even made on the day they said I'd called.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They have directions from management to break the law. They don't care about it. This thread is littered with that.
The fan boys (even the legal ones) are bereft of answers where EC261 gives LH the rights to behave this way, to write they will re-calculate cancelled itineraries, that tickets are somehow "valid" for a certain period of time.

There is no defence, cos it's indefensible.

On the EC261 thread there was someone posting that the Station Manager in SA would not provide a hotel for IDB due to overbooking. Station Manager's are employees of DLH. Those orders come from senior management.
Just vote with your wallet. It's the only way if you live outside of the DACH protectionist monopoly.
RG1X likes this.
Old May 26, 2022, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's an example of this con:

If one or more flights of your trip is / was cancelled by the airline, you have the following options:
the ticket can be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport.* The new travel must start the latest by 28 February 2023. The ticket will be recalculated, and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. Please contact a Lufthansa Service Center or your Travel agency.
The flights were cancelled, why would it be recalculated?

If your flight is / was not cancelled by the airline but you would like to change your travel plans, you have the following options:

the ticket can be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport.* The new travel must start the latest by 28 February 2023. The ticket will be recalculated, and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. Please contact a Lufthansa Service Center or your Travel agency.
It's the exact same text. So cancelled flights are treated the SAME as non-cancelled

This is why call centre staff give you so many different answers. Some rebookings are free, others not. There's nothing to refer back to when they say your cancelled flights cannot be rebooked for free. Nothing you can do except keep calling and calling and now the crap you here down the line from the other side is just that. I know people who record their calls for these reasons.

The doc posted earlier that said the Waiver was coming to an end, had low and behind the first time they ever admitted the truth:
Passenger keeps the legal rights (one rebooking free of charge on original O&D without repricing) if the ticket is continued to be kept on hold
Why is this NOT on the website. Why does it NOT say that the same O&D has no repricing? Why have they NEVER put this on the website so people know.

We all know why. Criminals.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:59 am
R2

As posted by others, the re-booking information on the Lufthansa website is confusing and misleading. I just chatted with LH CS about re-booking a ticket that was put on hold in 2020. There does not seem to be a deadline of 31 May for re-booking, as the ticket can continue to be kept on hold. Also, 'The new travel must start the latest by 28 February 2023' limitation does not apply as the only restriction - I was told - is that flight schedule is only loaded for 360 days from today. Oh well.
Nick Art likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:25 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by R2
As posted by others, the re-booking information on the Lufthansa website is confusing and misleading. I just chatted with LH CS about re-booking a ticket that was put on hold in 2020. There does not seem to be a deadline of 31 May for re-booking, as the ticket can continue to be kept on hold. Also, 'The new travel must start the latest by 28 February 2023' limitation does not apply as the only restriction - I was told - is that flight schedule is only loaded for 360 days from today. Oh well.
How very interesting. Due to the pending deadline I'm planning to go to the city ticket office and rebook the flights to anything suitable. Will take the chance and inquire if what your agent said above is correct.
Old May 27, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: LH SEN
That would be great.

Looking at the rules: https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flexible-booking
For some existing bookings, the regular fare conditions will apply from 1 June 2022; previous goodwill arrangements will then expire. For you as a customer with unused tickets, Lufthansa Group Airlines offers another alternative if you do not yet want to or cannot commit to a new travel date.
Why do they not say which existing bookings explicitly?

1. General rebooking rule:

Lufthansa will rebook you automatically once free of charge to an alternative flight to the same destination and in the same travel class. In several cases (especially if your cancellation is not within the next 48 hours), it may be that Lufthansa cannot book you onto an alternative flight pro-actively. In such cases, you can select an alternative yourself according to certain specifications. This is also possible if an alternative booked automatically by Lufthansa does not fit your plans. The rebooking should be made within the period of ticket validity (usually one year from the original departure date). To do so, please go to My Bookings or contact our Service Center or your travel agency as soon as possible.

2. Special rules for older tickets with a travel date between 01 June 2020 and 31 August 2021 (issued on/before 31 July 2021) which have not been already rebooked:

Both of the below options must be completed by 18 May 2022 (for tickets with original travel dates of June 2020) or 31 May 2022 (for tickets with original travel dates of July 2020-August 2021)

- Either the ticket can be exchanged once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport.* The new travel must start the latest by 28 February 2023. The ticket will be recalculated, and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. Please contact a Lufthansa Service Center or your Travel agency.

- Or -if you are unable to choose new travel by these dates-below qualifying tickets may be exchanged first to a so-called “Refundable Travel Credit EMD” instead. The Travel Credit is valid one year from the date of issuance, for an exchange once to a new travel, including changes to your travel class, departure or destination airport*, for the same traveler. The new ticket will be recalculated and additional payment may be required if the new fare is higher. Qualifying tickets for an exchange to a “Refundable Travel Credit EMD” are:
Which implies that:
1) Cancelled-by-airline flights for tickets that were booked up until July 31st 2021 have to be rebooked or changed into an EMD by May 31st 2022, or refunded.
2) Cancelled-by-airline flights for tickets booked after 1st August 2021 can still be left open and rebooked at later date.

Still confused though.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:52 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
So I went by the City Ticket office today after I dropped them an E-Mail on Friday (and missed their call on Monday).
I've been given a two week extension for the deadline for me and them to figure out which rules apply and what we can do with my ticket. They've had a meeting about it this morning but so far haven't gotten around answering my E-mail yet (which is understandable), so I'm still awaiting a reply with their judgement. :P Will update y'all once I know more, sorry that I can't bring any clarification to this question right now.
Old May 31, 2022, 5:10 am

I guess it only applies to you as you booked through the swiss city agents
Old May 31, 2022, 5:14 am

Also is LH better behaved if you are HON for rebooking ?

Or is it just that the excuses are a better class?
Old May 31, 2022, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by bobhope2
Also is LH better behaved if you are HON for rebooking ?

Or is it just that the excuses are a better class?
Better IME, you usually get more competent agents calling the HON line & Supervisors have significant discretion for HON.
Old May 31, 2022, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What a weird situation. Tickets I have issued November last year are apparently valid one year-for how long? So you'd have til November 2022 to give new dates?

But if you have a ticket issued til July 31 2021 for travel til August 31 2021 you have to give the dates today. Two months less than validity?

Makes so much sense 🤡

Why don't they just say all tickets are valid til tomorrow, and otherwise refund or sue us, for most pax they would just accept the refund .
Old May 31, 2022, 8:22 am

Wow... so they didn't just charge me £250, but £250 per ticket.

What's my best next step, legally? No way I'm letting this stand.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RG1X
Wow... so they didn't just charge me £250, but £250 per ticket.

What's my best next step, legally? No way I'm letting this stand.
Are you in England and Wales? Complain to Customer Service, give them 14 days in the email, no answer or refusal, then MCOL using Lufthansa German Airlines, World Business Centre 1 Newall Road, Hounslow, London Heathrow Airport, TW6 2FA.

Might be worthwhile waiting for trip completion in case you get irregularities if you're travelling during the summer period that could increase the amounts owed.
RG1X likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:42 am

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.