Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:02 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by bobhope2
I guess it only applies to you as you booked through the swiss city agents
Indeed, not really of much help to anybody else here.

I did finally get word from the city ticket office and they stick to the 31 May deadline (plus the two weeks I got for my case).

Either Refund, rebook with new O/D and recalculation (the weird refundable ticket value thing) or book on same O/D for free, which is what I'm planning to do.
For that, however, they now want same exact routing and booking classes (LOL), which will be difficult, as none of the flights I had booked originally exists anymore.
We'll have to see what agreement we can reach
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They want the same RBD now? Hilarious. The city office is making it up as they go along like the call centres
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hugolover
They want the same RBD now? Hilarious. The city office is making it up as they go along like the call centres
Well, I'm sure they can be reasoned with The lack of clear wording from our LHG overlords certainly doesn't make dealing with these cases any easier :P

It's not like I just rebooked another ticket with them, on a different routing (due to lack of original flights), booked into F instead of A, to NYC no less
Old Jun 4, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: LH SEN
Haa anyone rebooked since June 1st?

Was there any difference?
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bobhope2
Haa anyone rebooked since June 1st?

Was there any difference?
Well, I'm still in the process of rebooking.... the whole thing proved more difficult than expected, will update once my flights are finally rebooked. The city ticket office is a bit difficult with the SQ operated flights...
My case may not really be representative as I started rebooking before the deadline.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 11:43 am

Given the new policy, for older tickets booked when there were unlimited changes allowed, is it permissible to change a ticket completely and use the value of the existing ticket towards a new one without penalty? I have a trip coming up that I no longer need to take, there have been no cancellations, and I'd like to change everything - dates, origin, and destination.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Covid positive - what policy?

Hi all,

This is a question that has probably been asked countlessn of times, but I can't find a straight answer.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to fly on Lufthansa (ticket issued by SN) on a business saver fare (P). Today I tested positive to covid on a self-test. I have symptoms.

I couldn't find a clear policy on either LH or SN websites so I called them. There seems to be no policy in place for similar cases. However my country obliges me to isolate. The lady on the phone kept saying "I didn't want to fly therefore the fare is non-refundable" but that's not the case, it's that I can't fly because the law prescribes me not to.

Is this really the case? Are LH/SN really encouraging people to fly even on positive tests? I would appreciate some guidance on this aspect.

Thank you in advance and happy flying for those of you who can
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Obviously as a courtesy to others COVID positive pax shouldn’t be flying & should be self isolating, it’s nothing to do with LH or SN, there is travel insurance for these circumstances
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:37 am

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
You can still change your flights, but you’d have to pay a rebooking fee + fare difference.

This is exactly why you should buy travel insurance.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check when you purchased the ticket. Recent tickets don't allow free changes anymore.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Today I tested positive to covid on a self-test. I have symptoms.

The lady on the phone kept saying "I didn't want to fly therefore the fare is non-refundable" but that's not the case, it's that I can't fly because the law prescribes me not to.
While I sympathise with your predicament (and, to some extent, with your argument) the fact is you can't fly because of illness. So the lady is right: just as migraine, a broken leg or appendicitis wouldn't get you a refund, neither will Covid.

The disease you contracted is highly contagious, and it can be life-threatening to some groups of people. Notwithstanding any formal requirement to isolate, your social responsibility requires you limit your contact with others.

Originally Posted by Danusa86
Are LH/SN really encouraging people to fly even on positive tests?
Sure, it might be a positive if the airlines, hotels and holiday companies encouraged customers to comply with their civic responsibility to withdraw from travel when they test positive to Covid. But i'm guessing the administrative burden, and the cost of abuse, curb their enthusiasm to adopt a policy of refunds for certain illnesses. Instead they rely on the good sense of passengers to arrange travel insurance.

At the risk of sounding smug, my travel policy costs me a few hundred pounds and gives provides world-wide health cover over a year.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
A LH agent today informed me that there is currently an internal waiver to cancel flights. According to him, all flights booked before July 31, 2022, taking place July 6- August 31 2022 can be cancelled for free. They did not make this public for obvious reasons. The agent did mention that it is possible for this to change before August 31, depending on how the situation develops.
chris63, lx343 and hugolover like this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 7:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by pdeut
A LH agent today informed me that there is currently an internal waiver to cancel flights. According to him, all flights booked before July 31, 2022, taking place July 6- August 31 2022 can be cancelled for free. They did not make this public for obvious reasons. The agent did mention that it is possible for this to change before August 31, depending on how the situation develops.
I wish I had this info 2 days ago...
Old Jul 19, 2022, 12:51 am

Programs: LX M&M
Originally Posted by pdeut
changes as well without any cancelled flights?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:32 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by lx343
changes as well without any cancelled flights?
Not sure- but worth a try.
lx343 and hugolover like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.