Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:50 am

flight takes off and lands in Germany.

LH website is not supporting this theory so who knows?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Spohr is meeting with all three FA unions tomorrow evening.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Spohr is meeting with all three FA unions tomorrow evening.
That’s moronic.

Is he too busy today? Too busy tomorrow morning?

Meeting then in the evening gives that maximum leverage and maximum damage to LH. Plus they’re still selling seats, adding even more pax into the mess and haven’t waived the rebooking to Star for any RBD.

If they go ahead it gives pax so little time to rebook and all other airlines have had another day of sales making flights busier than they are tonight.

Stupid. Fitting for the “immoral fares” CEO.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
UFO only agreed to a meeting tomorrow. They took offense that verdi and the third union was also invited. Remember this fight is really about the survival of UFO.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The moronic decision is also to limit rebooking to SAL same RBD and to continue selling seats while offering pax rebooking to other days on LH group metal in any RBD. It would be no effort to offer SAL rebooking.

Remember this is Mr. "Immoral fares"...need I say more?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Am booked this Friday AMS-MUN-HKG - would it be possible for me to rebook into any Star Alliance carriers to secure a seat now or must I wait for tomorrow?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Quik!
Am booked this Friday AMS-MUN-HKG - would it be possible for me to rebook into any Star Alliance carriers to secure a seat now or must I wait for tomorrow?
You can rebook now if the same RBD is available.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its 2000 CET....any update?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Its 2000 CET....any update?
THIS IS INFO FROM THE LH CUSTOMER SERVICE, so don't hang me if it turns out to be wrong!

I called for the third time today to check my rebooking possibilities, and was put in hold for a few minutes. The agent came back, saying that she double-checked our flights against their list with cancelled flights, and neither of our flights on Friday were on the list, ie. both our flights are still scheduled.
This could be true, seeing that a moderator mentioned above that the updated flight schedule would be ready by 8pm CET today.
So it might be a good idea to call and check on your booking if you're potentially affected by the strike notice.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:19 pm

I called LH 20 minutes ago regarding FRA-MXP Thursday and was given "call back later"
If they are meeting tonight (PST) how can LH know anything now?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Enrich Silver, Krisflyer
Originally Posted by hugolover
You can rebook now if the same RBD is available.
Called LH and requested to rebook on TK or SK, and this is allowed as you mentioned provided the fare class must be the same. Unfortunately for me none were available.

Was told if the flight is indeed cancelled, I'd be auto rebooked and I could call them back if the rebooked flight is not suitable. If desired flight is not available, what are my options ?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone can call LH and get protected segments placed in your booking. That includes Star options. I have them in my booking.

If/when the cancellation occurs, you can then call and get those flights confirmed. You have a seat from the moment the segment is added and confirmed. You're avoiding the mad rush when the flights actually get cancelled.

The robot will cancel them about 24 hours from when they are placed in your PNR, hopefully giving time until tomorrow when Spohr has the courage to cancel.

You can also waitlist on *A using the same RBD, for now. I pointed out that at this time only the same RBD is allowed. Again, nothing stopping a *TA* from placing a higher *A RBD on the flight you want as if/when cancellation occurs that would be ticketed per Star waiver. At this time, LH won't list those.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Even if my flight is not cancelled, it is realistic to expect delays because of disruptions to the normal ops, right ?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: LH M+M
"Your flight LH573 Johannesburg - Frankfurt/Main is now ready for Check-in" - I hope, that this is a good sign.

While AF asks 600E for a Y ticket FRA-CDG :}
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:06 pm

my LH check in for LH 252 FRA-MXP says the flight is on and I am booked. It is for Thursday 1:30
Does this mean I am OK? Can the still cancel if the strike is on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.