Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's not a given that SAL will accept all these rebooked pax. Who's to say UA want thousands of LH pax? Look at BA and QR during the BA strike.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:17 am

Programs: LH M+M
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I saw your question on VFT... my guess is that they will not operate JNB-FRA on Thursday if they follow the same logic they had for the recent pilot strikes. Segment control will be suspended for sure, and short checking allowed. Only domestic segments can be converted to train tickets, you will have to buy the FFM-HH train ticket separately.
Wait what? You just said they cannot strike abroad? I think JNB is very abroad?! :-)
This will be funky.. and yeah, FFM-HH is from my own pocket. But rather get home than some silly hotel in FRA.
If they really don't do JNB-FRA.. I am in O with evouchers

Edith: the JNB-FRA segment starts on Wednesday evening!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While it's a jest. For anyone else reading. The crew have to operate the flights back to DE as they can't legally go on strike when they're abroad.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whats the consensus on rebooking to WK flight? I'm talking about EDI-ZRH WK codeshare LX.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
If they really don't do JNB-FRA.. I am in O with evouchers

Edith: the JNB-FRA segment starts on Wednesday evening!
Call the F hotline, how you paid to be in F isn’t material
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Whats the consensus on rebooking to WK flight? I'm talking about EDI-ZRH WK codeshare LX.
Way better than LH, you will get catering.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ha yes...but do you think that it would be accepted as it's not Star? Have you been rebooked to WK during IROPS?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover
It's not a given that SAL will accept all these rebooked pax. Who's to say UA want thousands of LH pax? Look at BA and QR during the BA strike.
Well the *A agreement is that you have to take irreg pax without endorsement from *A partners. For OAL you need reprotection agreements. It seem LH is negotiating repro agreements, lets see if AFKL and IAG will agree to something.

Originally Posted by PAX_fips
Wait what? You just said they cannot strike abroad? I think JNB is very abroad?! :-)
[...]Edith: the JNB-FRA segment starts on Wednesday evening!
The crews cannot strike when abroad, but LH tries to avoid flying in widebodies into FRA/MUC on strike days when it is nearly certain that nearly all pax will get stranded in FRA/MUC. There are only so many hotel beds available around FRA/MUC.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
LH Website now states that they're offering rebookings on same route on a different date.

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases
  • You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
Thanks to oliver2002 for all the information and advice here. I get a little stressed trying to sort out problems like this so I am going to wait and see what happens.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The new flight schedule for Thursday/Friday is supposed to be published tonight at 8pm CET and will be loaded into the system tonight by midnight.
PAX_fips likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:06 am

Programs: AC
What are more likely to get cancelled in this case? Long haul or short haul?

I dont fly Lufthansa very often but am flying Riga - Frankfurt on the 8th connecting to Air Canada to Montreal. Is the Riga to Frankfurt flight likely to be cancelled?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Currently in BLR, and what I already wrote was confirmed: my plane and crew will already be here (arriving on 6th of Nov) and therefore likely take-off back to FRA on 7th of Nov. My connecting flight in FRA to ZRH is rebooked on LX. Same logic could apply to similar scenarios.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting some pushback to rebook to Star on these days, obviously because its not cancelled as of yet.

Yet LH want pax not to fly on these days hence the waiver for 7 and 8 BUT they're irresponsible by continuing to sell flights for these days!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new flight schedule for Thursday/Friday is supposed to be published tonight at 8pm CET and will be loaded into the system tonight by midnight.
Thanks for you very helpful info so far!
Any idea what the "new" flight schedule actually means? Fewer flights with larger aircraft (ie. from 4 daily rotations to eg. 1 or 2), completely new flight numbers or something else?
Andy49 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.