Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
Rebooking waiver issued November 5, 2019 for the strike to occur on November 7-8, 2019

LH advises you what do in case of irreg cancellations here: https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-disruptions

Information on the announced strike of UFO

UFO has called on its cabin crew members for a two-day strike on 7 and 8 November. Lufthansa condemns the UFO's call for a strike in the strongest possible terms and is considering legal steps to prevent the strike. We are currently working at full speed on a special flight plan for Thursday and Friday which will be published on Wednesday. We apologize for any inconvenience that may arise.

Please check this website regularly, leave your mobile number in your Miles & More profile or in your booking and you will automatically be informed about the latest changes.

Your flight has not yet been cancelled, but you still want to change to another day or the train?

In order to give you planning security, we now offer you a free rebooking in the following cases

• You are booked on a Lufthansa Group flight to and from Frankfurt or Munich with departure on 7 or 8 November.
  • Your ticket was issued on and before 4 November.
You can rebook your flight for the same route to a new date up to and including 15 November. Availability in the same class provided.

If you are booked on a domestic Lufthansa flight, we offer you a free exchange of your flight route for a train ticket on this page.

If and when a particular strike begins and flights are actually beginning to be cancelled/automatically rebooked, you can call or use facebook messenger ( https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/chatbot ) and ask for a rebooking/rerouting. If your ticket was issued by a travel agent or different airline, you are advised to contact the issuing office.

LH usually rebooks to other LH Group carriers, any star alliance carrier or other IATA airline it has an interline agreement with. The preference to do so is in the same order and done only if the preferred alternative doesn't have any free seats in the class of service (not booking class). Award bookings are treated the same way, although you may be requested to contact the issuing carrier for reissuing the ticket. LH issued tickets are usually reissued using the ATC irreg system. Because of the ATC in place, any travel agent who originally issued the tickets can rebook using the rules and reissue the tickets automatically without any intervention required by Lufthansa.

Details of the LH irreg invol rebooking policy is here: https://aviacenter.ru/en/news/2019/04/29/lufthansa-group-airlines.-flight-irregularities-policy-(in-case-of-schedule-changes)/

More details on irreg procedures here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufth...interview.html
Print Wikipost

UFO FA Strike [at EW/4U/CL/SXD on 20OCT19, LH 7-8NOV19 & 4U 30DEC-1JAN20]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: LH M+M
A new status query page now available https://www.lufthansa.com/de/de/flug...nd-flugstatus# -- apparently broken as world's best IT could do it.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by flynspill
The question is where is the "special flight plan for Thursday and Friday" that they are working on at full speed since yesterday.
The changes went into effect at 1pm CET, it takes about 10-30 minutes for all bookings to update and the info mails/messages to be sent out to pax who have maintained their contact details in the PNR, bookings by TA/OTA are usually notified to the issuing offices.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't see an operating long haul tomorrow? I can't see a single shorthaul canx? Not even the German domestics.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The info online says they're publishing a schedule between 13:00-15:00. Perhaps some SH canx come later. Isn't it very strange they haven't cancelled a single SH (as I write this?).
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:26 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I thought they'd only cancle flights departing Germany.

Tonight's flight from GIG is cancelled.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I thought they'd only cancle flights departing Germany.

Tonight's flight from GIG is cancelled.
Because they don't want to strand the transfer pax from GIG in FRA tomorrow.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:29 am

Manged to rebook with Swiss but was extremely painful - doesn't seem to be an equivalent of the excellent Senator line in Basel for LH?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Because they don't want to strand the transfer pax from GIG in FRA tomorrow.
They would only be stranded if connecting to long haul though...SH is at full schedule? Or am I wrong?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
When will we know when the full schedule is updated? My EN flights tomorrow TRN/FRA still show ok and I'm connecting to UA. If the schedule is fully updated I should be ok then.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:37 am

EN is operating some flights between FRA & MUC already so the changes are slowly coming in.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why were they encouraging pax to rebook domestic to train when as of now, all domestic flights are operating? What's the point encouraging that?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7¾³ © ™
LH772 & 773 FRA BKK haven't been cancelled so far
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA PG, IHG Diamond Amb
HKG-FRA-TLV on 7-8 October still showing OK. My United GPU succeeded so I sure hope it stays that way!
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
EN is operating some flights between FRA & MUC already so the changes are slowly coming in.
Thanks Oliver.... I'll keep watching in hopes that I've somehow bypassed the cancellation roulette.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Why were they encouraging pax to rebook domestic to train when as of now, all domestic flights are operating? What's the point encouraging that?

All domestic flights have already been marked 'IR' and the booking classes nearly closed. For pax headed to STR/BSL/NUE/etc the train from FRA is a viable alternative anyway.
hugolover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.