Wiki Posts
Search

Add a frequent flyer number at check in without adding in the booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Add a frequent flyer number at check in without adding in the booking

I am a Eurobonus person, but this question is related to Lufthansa, so I try to ask here.

i have one booking with two flights on my way out on LH, two flights on my way home on SN.

I would like to add one of my frequent flyer numbers at check in without adding it for the while booking (i.e. my return flights on SN)

Is it possible to do that from online, app check in??

thanks for your help.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes the online web check-in allows you to add the FFP number.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: Quite a few...
Don't you prefer to just leave it blank all the way through (unless you have a valuable status that would change something) and then just retro credit the flights? I have often been in a situation similar to yours and found that sometimes they really mess it up. Up to you, of course.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sure it is possible. If you only add the FPP at online check-in it should not be added in the reservation itself. Anyway, if the FFP is there when you check-in for the SN flights just change it to the other FFP that you prefer for the SN flights - not a big deal.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If you only add the FPP at online check-in it should not be added in the reservation itself.
Not true - it gets added to the PNR when you add it at check in.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
If the FFP is there when you check-in for the SN flights just change it to the other FFP that you prefer for the SN flights - not a big deal.
Not always the case. It is possible (and happened to me) that the original number on record hasn't been erased and the other was added as a secondary FFP resulting in the airline posting credit to the first number on record.

Each action you take, be it erasing FFP, adding another or anything - creates another line of record in Amadeus PNR. There is no such thing as just "erasing" something. What may happen sometimes is that a line of record is (command to erase for example) is not executed properly and both numbers remain.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think you are causing unnecessary concerns based on a few mishaps reported in various FF threads. Most likely everything will turn out as envisaged if the OP adds the first FFP when checking in for the LH flights and the other FFP later when checking in for the SN flights. I bet this happens thousands of times each day without any issues.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:05 pm

Of course the OP will decide what to do, but (unless you have status) explain to me a benefit of doing it your way vs. making a retro claim?
My concerns are not based on FT stories but on my own mishap and I will always advise everybody to follow the retro way (especially with short turnarounds of 1-2 days when there is a big chance the original flt hasn't been processed yet).
nancypants and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK*LifetimeG, AY*S, Member of LH, BA, VS, NH and FI
Thanks for all the comments.

I did the follwing way.
Before I check in, I went to SAS website and looked up my LH/SN-booking. And I choose option for customise frequent flyer number per flight. I only add my number for the flights out.

This worked totally well, and when I checked in for SN flights on my way home, my number was not registered for the flights.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 4:40 pm

Angry Use Austrian’s Site

I just again suffered the same fate, and booked a LH flight while logged in. I credit all my miles to UA, so needed to change but didn’t have a button.

Luckly, Austrian’s website is much easier to use, and lets you edit the FFN easily:

https://book.austrian.com/app/fb.fly...ion=pnr_search

To verify the change, mail yourself the invoice from Swiss’ website (oh, Lufthansa, when will you fix your IT problems...) since of course LH is broken:

https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/Login
giorginho likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.