LOT - Booking for an unborn baby

Old Dec 2, 19, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott/SPG Gold
LOT - Booking for an unborn baby

My niece is planning a trip next year MIA-WAW-EVN and is due in January. She will be traveling with the baby as a lap infant. Does anyone know how I should book the flight with LOT for the baby? I saw many sites which recommend using a dummy birthdate and using BABY LASTNAME in the booking and then updating it after birth.

Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 19, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You cannot do a name change after booking. But 'baby lastname' with the expected date of birth should be fine. The finer details are added in a different part of the reservation anyway.
Old Dec 3, 19, 7:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
For US departures, special attention is paid to name / passport matches for infants as part of parental kidnapping / human trafficking efforts.

I would simply wait to book the infant ticket until January. The cost is 10% of the then prevailing fare and it is just as likely to be a bit higher as a bit lower than today.

Makes it all easy, neat & clean.
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:50 am

Programs: this and that
What about either talking to LO directly and see what they suggest? Or work with a TA to get this sorted...
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As to LO, I would not trust anything a phone agent says about how the issue might be handled in the future.

A TA might be worth it if it is a trusted TA with whom you regularly work on non-standard ticketing and which will back up its recommendations.
Old Dec 3, 19, 10:29 am

As long as your niece is planning to fly with the newborn as a "lap infant" (i.e. without a separate seat for the infant), I would suggest the following:
1) Call LO to review the steps below and confirm this will work.
2) Have the niece book her adult ticket.
3) Once booked, call LO to reserve a bassinet (if she wants one). There is no lap infant on the reservation yet, but perhaps LO can put comments on file about a future lap infant to justify the bassinet. Worth a try.
4) Once the baby is born, call LO to add the infant to the existing adult reservation.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: