Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more La Prairie in LH F onboard toilets

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: LH HON**
It was there on LH727 (PVG-MUC) Thursday night. Two hand creams though, no face cream.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Genuine enhancement alert. La Prairie has returned.
JFK-FRA tonight, F Lavs stocked with La Prairie, both the moisturiser and hand cream. Packaging seems slightly different to before, a little smaller, but I never paid too much attention to it.
Crew were also surprised when I asked them as they thought from now on they would only stock hand cream. Even that was gone on my flight to NY last week.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Maybe they got mixed up in the provisioning due to the LSG strikes
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Apart from the convenience of having the cream at hand in the lavatory, I didn't really understand the point given that LH now has La Prairie in the amenity kit as well. What I would have liked to see is them providing the eye cream that LX has and LH doesn't. Recently I got a skin caviar line in the amenity kit on one of my flights (I think it was LH) but it wasn't there on the return sector.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: LH HON**
Originally Posted by ung1
Apart from the convenience of having the cream at hand in the lavatory, I didn't really understand the point given that LH now has La Prairie in the amenity kit as well. What I would have liked to see is them providing the eye cream that LX has and LH doesn't. Recently I got a skin caviar line in the amenity kit on one of my flights (I think it was LH) but it wasn't there on the return sector.
there isn’t any hand cream in the amenity kits. Though I guess you can just use the face cream. LH amenity kit now has skin caviar, eye contour cream and lip balm.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by EJJBHX
there isn’t any hand cream in the amenity kits. Though I guess you can just use the face cream. LH amenity kit now has skin caviar, eye contour cream and lip balm.
Probably people use larger quantities of the hand cream.

Hand cream (lavatory) and lip balm (kit) are all I use. The lip balm is actually not bad.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Dia, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Lol geez people here are hard to please...
76 posts complaining about the product being taken away... LH then bring it back... then only posts about how it’s unnecessary 🙄

Fwiw the face moisturiser is the most important one for me, so I’m a happy camper. The lip balm is useful too, small so fits easily in pockets.
chris63, worldclubber and Kleffen like this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by vantage03
76 posts complaining about the product being taken away... LH then bring it back... then only posts about how it’s unnecessary 🙄

Fwiw the face moisturiser is the most important one for me, so I’m a happy camper. The lip balm is useful too, small so fits easily in pockets.
I did explicitly say I appreciate the hand cream in the lavatory. So no complaints if they keep it.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03

Great news, only hope it’s back to stay
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by EJJBHX

You mean in the new ones? LX has always had hand cream, face cream, eye cream and lip balm. When LH started offering La Prairie they had the same, without the eye cream. Back in the day on LX you got a larger hand cream than eye cream (5 ml instead of 3 ml). I find the eye cream works wonders for tired eyes, and is the one I value the most.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
For a few weeks/months LX didn’t have the small hand cream anymore in the amenity kit, instead the fourth tube was the caviar cream. Hand cream was only in the wash room(s). Now the small hand cream tubes are back in the amenity kits.

It it all sounds like a production/logistics problem?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber

I did explicitly say I appreciate the hand cream in the lavatory. So no complaints if they keep it.
Last week on LH 511: no face cream, "only" hand cream. The best thing is that the female from 9A (I believe she was Argentine, as she spoke Argentine Spanish) used the toilet after me (she waited in front of the door) and the hand cream was gone! I noticed it becasue I needed a hand tissue after I left the toilet. I told the FA in the F that "it was not me and that I´d feel bad if for the next 13 hrs she´d think it was me", she replied "I saw the lady from C putting it into her pocket and I told her that it was for everybody there. She took it anyhow. I´m gonna put a new one in a second". I love German FAs for being so polite with thieves. Later she told me that La Prairie didn´t extend the "sponsorship of the LH F so the hand creams are running out as well, there´ll be no more face creams in the F lavatories anymore".

One thing I don´t get: the female (I refuse to call her a lady) from C (seat 9A) stole a hand cream but is able to pay/sit in C? What type of person does it have to be? As a matter of fact she looked like as if no plastic surgeon on earth could ever help her. So why care about La Prairie hand cream?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:00 am

Yes after I saw the return of the face cream, I’ve also noticed we’re back to hand cream only. Once that goes I assume they’ll find a new partner as even rubbish airlines stock something in the premium cabin loos.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by LH_001
One thing I don´t get: the female (I refuse to call her a lady) from C (seat 9A) stole a hand cream but is able to pay/sit in C? What type of person does it have to be? As a matter of fact she looked like as if no plastic surgeon on earth could ever help her. So why care about La Prairie hand cream?
brilliant 😀
Maybe she was an opup or someone else paid for her ticket? Money doesn't buy you everything. Clearly a loss of manner.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
brilliant 😀
Maybe she was an opup or someone else paid for her ticket? Money doesn't buy you everything. Clearly a loss of manner.
Well, that person obviosuly knew what La Prairie was or what it stood for. Nowadays you see La Prairie shop-in-shop in Buenos Aires too. Just dunno who buys it there. The shop assistants stand around bored, staring at their phones... Buenos Aires isn´t quite Vaduz or Zurich or Geneva. And that´s why I love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.