Wiki Posts
Search

eTravel (OTA), LH and Paypal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond | Finnair Plus Gold
eTravel (OTA), LH and Paypal

In February I have booked a nice trip to Thailand from AMS (AMS-FRA-SIN-HKT-SIN-MUC-AMS) for Jan 2020. The flight is a LH one and I've booked this with myTrip OTA (eTravel). In June we have had second thoughts and after studying fare rules we have decided to change a flight to a one to Japan. I have tried to change my booking directly with Lufthansa but I've been informed that I cannot do that in other way that contacting eTravel. So, I've been trying to contact eTravel to change my flight for 2 weeks. I have called the number provided on the website and I have been informed that I can use the form on the website. I have done that twice - nobody answered nor nobody called me back. Getting more and more frustrated about the situation I have opened the claim against myTrip on papyal (which I have used to pay for my tickets). To my suprise, after another two weeks I have been informed that because PayPal couldn't contact myTrip they accepted my claim and have made me a full refund ...

That have happened more than month ago and - that is my "problem" - while I got money back, my flight is still on. I presume that because LH received payment for the ticket ages ago, they have no reason to cancel the ticket. OTA probably would get reduced payment from PayPal at some moment. What would you do in that situation? Would it be really evil to have a free flight to Thailand...?
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Michal Zabicki
. What would you do in that situation? Would it be really evil to have a free flight to Thailand...?
I wouldn't come back to this forum with a thread about "LH didn't let me fly and they don't want to compensate me for ruining my family's dream holiday".

History is full of OTAs going belly up leaving passengers stranded, and the only thing you can do is make sure your travel insurance covers bankruptcy.

If PayPal decided to refund you it's great, make alternative arrangements and enjoy Japan. But trying to fly a canceled ticket is plain fraud IMHO.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond | Finnair Plus Gold
Originally Posted by malmostoso
I wouldn't come back to this forum with a thread about "LH didn't let me fly and they don't want to compensate me for ruining my family's dream holiday".
Oh, I wouldn't too...

Originally Posted by malmostoso
PayPal decided to refund you it's great, make alternative arrangements and enjoy Japan. But trying to fly a canceled ticket is plain fraud IMHO.
That has been quite obvious to me until I got in that situation. And still is what I mostly think about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.