Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Well, different expectations then. The over-attentiveness of some crews on the carriers you mentioned actually bothers me and I would like to be left alone a bit more.
Exactly. Thank you. I prefer to be left alone too.

There’s no right way to do this; it’s subjective. Some people want to be left alone and others love the sickly sweet temperament of obsequious flight attendants. But the subjectivity of OPs post makes this not a clear case.

I checked out his post history. These tickets were award tickets and OP doesn’t seem to frequently fly in F, so maybe he was in that first F glow? Not trying to be mean. I had that glow too way back when I did my first F flight on LH. My expectations were easily met then, but I didn’t have SQ F as a frame of reference.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MichielR

Completely unnecessary!

When I fly F, the very least I expect is that one of the FAs will press the call button for me... One FA should be stand-by continuously to observe whether I am inclined to push the call button, so that I can avoid all unnecessary movement in my seat.
Not to mention that the first class FAs' mind reading skills should include being able to determine exactly what each passenger wants to eat and drink, and when. Because expecting a first class passenger to actually *tell* someone is clearly not the kind of "great F experience" that the OP should expect.
Suddenly feeling thirsty and want a coke with a twist of lemon? The FA should be able to read your mind and already stand right next to you with the drink on a solid-gold tray. THAT'S obviously the first class experience that everyone should expect...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by GFrye
Not to mention that the first class FAs' mind reading skills should include being able to determine exactly what each passenger wants to eat and drink, and when. Because expecting a first class passenger to actually *tell* someone is clearly not the kind of "great F experience" that the OP should expect.
Suddenly feeling thirsty and want a coke with a twist of lemon? The FA should be able to read your mind and already stand right next to you with the drink on a solid-gold tray. THAT'S obviously the first class experience that everyone should expect...
No way !

A step too far, FA’s reading my mind..... I could be arrested on arrival.... depending on the FA of course
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB G; EY S
I don't really understand, why all of you are talking about mind reading flight attendants.
This was never, what I expected, nor what I have complained about.

Lets keep it simple here, as mentioned earlier, I have at no time expected a flight attendant to serve me food, bring drinks, snacks whatever, without letting them know.
The only thing that I have mentioned is that there haven't been any checks of the cabin from the FA side.

Whether or not one prefers the more attentive service or not, it is not too much to expect that the CC frequently at least takes a peak into the cabin, especially with the lights being switched on.
I don't expect them to know what I want, or what I don't want. I don't have any problem speaking to the CC and ask them for things, but not being able to do so because they physically aren't present has nothing to do with mind reading.

Not really sure why all of you suddenly think I expect them to be able to provide service without asking or answering them.
htb likes this.

Last edited by PatongPilot; Jan 8, 2019 at 12:14 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
it is not too much to expected that the CC frequently at least takes a peak into the cabin, especially with the lights being switched on.
I agree with you, one FA is on duty in the galley & without doing something they must be bored witless during the night on that route, quite apart from the fact it’s First Class & their aim out to be you leave feeling you had a F experience.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite
There’s no need to cite you’re Michelin star experience. He’s just wrong.
You mean other than the grammar portion? I think I learned that from school and kept it.
David7 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
I agree with you, one FA is on duty in the galley & without doing something they must be bored witless during the night on that route, quite apart from the fact it’s First Class & their aim out to be you leave feeling you had a F experience.
The funny thing is you are describing exactly the difference between the new and old way programs get updates. For example email programs used to ask how frequently you want to check your mail (or passengers in cabin), but as we all know now they do not (well, some still do) because they get notified when there is a new message (call light goes off, must mean passenger has a request).
Of course, humans are not computers quite yet ...
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by sophialite
There’s no right way to do this; it’s subjective. Some people want to be left alone and others love the sickly sweet temperament of obsequious flight attendants. But the subjectivity of OPs post makes this not a clear case.

I checked out his post history. These tickets were award tickets and OP doesn’t seem to frequently fly in F, so maybe he was in that first F glow? Not trying to be mean. I had that glow too way back when I did my first F flight on LH. My expectations were easily met then, but I didn’t have SQ F as a frame of reference.
^

Since here is no right way to do it, as there are different tastes and preferences, there are different products out there. Just like there are different restaurants to cater to different taste buds. Nothing wrong with that.

I agree, expectations change after a few flights.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IB G; EY S
Originally Posted by s0ssos
The funny thing is you are describing exactly the difference between the new and old way programs get updates. For example email programs used to ask how frequently you want to check your mail (or passengers in cabin), but as we all know now they do not (well, some still do) because they get notified when there is a new message (call light goes off, must mean passenger has a request).
I think thats the wrong approach here. If you want to compare inflight experience with email programs than it would more be like you'd have to manually click on that "receive emails" button instead of automatically receive new emails. If you don't click, you won't receive your new emails.
Same goes for inflight experience.

Why would I click on a button, if I can receive the same result automatically without doing anything?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FA’s are human & it would be to everyone’s benefit if they performed their duties to the best of their ability having due regard to the cabin they are operating in.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:34 pm

Is it not dine on demand on LH F, such as QR J ?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FranckM
Is it not dine on demand on LH F, such as QR J ?
Yes !!!

And good point, you get that in QR J ^
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by chris63

Airline safety procedures requires during night flight. At least 1 FA in each galley plus one FA doing round in the cabin. Additional checks are required to check the flight crew from time to time.
When you notice a bunch of FAs all in the same galley chatting, leaving one empty is a breach of conduct
David7 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FranckM
Airline safety procedures requires during night flight. At least 1 FA in each galley plus one FA doing round in the cabin. Additional checks are required to check the flight crew from time to time.
When you notice a bunch of FAs all in the same galley chatting, leaving one empty is a breach of conduct
Yes & as the OP described it there were muntiple failures on that flight

But it’s not IME how LH F is
Old Jan 8, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
You mean other than the grammar portion? I think I learned that from school and kept it.
I typed that on an iPhone and autocorrect doesn't seem to work on FlyerTalk. I'm happy to compare educational credentials in lieu of michelin-star-restaurant credentials if you want to go down that route instead. Whatever works!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.