Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansas understanding of Customer Service in F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by chris63

Exactly, some years back when the A380 was new, I flew back from JFK & the Guy next to me had paid 12k USD for a return trip to FRA & as he had no status they asked Him last for His meal choice, they didn’t even have His second preference left, he told the Purser never again LH F, they lost a customer just because they were cutting corners on loading F meals...
Even more surprising as some the passengers won’t eat on flights like JFK-FRA - usually, I might just have a starter on evening TATL or returns from Asia. Different on day flights. But perhaps LH cater for this scenario?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by kai.lileboo
I suppose almost all F class pax fly on company's expences, ...
I do not think this is true!
bowzer91 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
Even more surprising as some the passengers won’t eat on flights like JFK-FRA - usually, I might just have a starter on evening TATL or returns from Asia. Different on day flights. But perhaps LH cater for this scenario?
Perhaps they do, but they should not.

Just after they introduced the "have a small meal whenever you like" options as "second service" on flights from Germany to the West Coast of the US a few years ago, they often ran out of these light meals. When it happened to me, I complained a got a few miles. Before my next flight, I called F service and said I would like to try a few of the new options and would appreciate if they could load enough. They did, but the FA then greeted me right after boarding as "you must be the man who called in to make sure we have enough food".
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR

It was a full flight 8/8 & the A380 was new & a wow factor with LH, certainly LH were using an algorithm & it failed spectacularly
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Before my next flight, I called F service and said I would like to try a few of the new options and would appreciate if they could load enough. They did, but the FA then greeted me right after boarding as "you must be the man who called in to make sure we have enough food".
Fabulous !
Post of the Year ^

But you should not have had to do that & I still maintain LH has one of the best F products out there.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Fabulous !
Post of the Year ^

But you should not have had to do that & I still maintain LH has one of the best F products out there.
Thanks, but the year is still young.

When they introduced the new second service, they needed some input from customers. Would have only been terrible if they had not reacted, but they did.

I have flown about two dozen airlines since and would overall (ground, hard and soft product) still regard LH F as one of my favorite products out there. ^
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, but the year is still young.

I have flown about two dozen airlines since and would overall (ground, hard and soft product) still regard LH F as one of my favorite products out there. ^
Whilst the Year is still Young, that post will take some beating, it’s FT !

Agreed, after Years of trying the alternatives, I find LX & LH the best options in the round for F.
bowzer91 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

I do not think this is true!

Right, the other half on Tax payers money

Taken a bit more serious I also think that only very few people pay F out of their own pocket. Sure, happens but I would think the majority travels paid by somebody else or paid with miles/points/upgrades.

Still, shouldn’t make any difference for the service. I have to admit, ininly travel F as awards and never noticed worse service from the cabin crew.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PatongPilot
Just out of curiosity, where Is it me being too demanding.
Here:
Originally Posted by PatongPilot
I assume in First Class you can expect flight attendants to be a little attentive when a pax turns its light on after he just slept for some hours.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, FB Gold
Originally Posted by GFrye
Here:
His experience just shows that either no FA bothered to even look through the curtains for an extended period of time, which I find unusual for F, even during the night, or the FA saw that he woke up and had his lights on but didn't give two hoots about it. Taking a peak into the cabin every 20 minutes or so should be doable... To me, flying in premium cabins is about getting great service without having to ask for it or press the call button every time you have a non-urgent wish. Considering the treatment you get in some premium cabins, I doubt he is more demanding than an F Flyer should be.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Right, the other half on Tax payers money
This is even less likely. The travel policies of tax-funded institutions rarely allow J, let alone F.

But it should not make a difference who pays for the flight anyway. Generally the service is good, at least in my experience, but some FAs are better than others.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:37 am

Originally Posted by GFrye
Here:
I am curious how many international first flights you have taken
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
My work’s travel policy is business class, but we are explicitly permitted to choose airfare based on alliance, airline prefs, etc., so we don’t automatically have to go for the lowest fare business.

London to SF in business tends to be exceptionally expensive, especially closed in. Sometimss I find F to be the same price or a few hundred GBP more so I come out of pocket. In many cases I find cheaper F fares but originating from EU. For my Feb flight I got my F ticket for $5k while J from London was $8k for the same dates.

I saved my company $3k and get to fly F.

I have enough miles to do a year of fairly frequent personal travel in F. But I might come entirely out of pocket for one F fare per year, only if the price isn’t greater than $5k.

Peer organizations often permit private jet and F travel but I think we all regard that as excessive. I view myself as exceptionally privileged to be able to travel so much in business at 30, to speak nothing of first.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by s0ssos
I am curious how many international first flights you have taken
I didn’t think that was an example of being too demanding, but it’s also something that I really wouldn’t think about.

OP seems overly self-conscious about how he or she is viewed/perceived by others (I.e., maybe they realized I was just 22...), especially the flight attendants, and seems to be connecting the dots in weird ways. Again, I do think the FAs weren’t on par, but the account is tainted by a lot of projection and belief about what the FAs thought about him.

But maybe people are just different. I don’t like being talked to too much, and I don’t like attention, so I’m very much OK with FAs ignoring me. So long as they come reasonably promptly to me when I ask for them, I’m fine.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David7
His experience just shows that either no FA bothered to even look through the curtains for an extended period of time, which I find unusual for F, even during the night, or the FA saw that he woke up and had his lights on but didn't give two hoots about it. Taking a peak into the cabin every 20 minutes or so should be doable... To me, flying in premium cabins is about getting great service without having to ask for it or press the call button every time you have a non-urgent wish. Considering the treatment you get in some premium cabins, I doubt he is more demanding than an F Flyer should be.
This is the impression I gained from the OP’s account & the FA’s are well aware some Pax hate using the call bell even in F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.