Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Shame it’s a lot harder to do a tour of Switzerland these days, like I did of Germany yesterday. Not very ecological in reality, but the flights would have gone anyway, whether or not I was booked on them.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All my flights from my tour of Germany last Thursday have turned up on my account, except the last one operated by Eurowings of course. Pretty good going, for a moment I thought it was going to go slow and I would have to retroclaim. Result!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 2:35 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Despite 82 [countable] segments this year and several crediting issues - some of which have been pending since April - I am stuck at 95k status miles right now (97k if everything would have credited correctly). 2018 is year one of my requal period and travel outlook for 2019 looks rather unlikely for me to get more than 100k status miles, so I guess I need to think about some short term actions to make it across the hurdle before year end.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
4 flights to go and then I am done for 2018. 175400 BIS miles and not quite 100 segments. Miles credited to M&M: 0
N1003U likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:58 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Currently at 461,544 HON Circle miles for 2018 with a number of intra-europe and a F Class flight to Miami to come before New Years.
Trying NOT to re-qualify HON before the end of Feb 2019 as apparently status would only extend to Feb 2021 rather than Feb 2022..!
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by cas_de
Despite 82 [countable] segments this year and several crediting issues - some of which have been pending since April - I am stuck at 95k status miles right now (97k if everything would have credited correctly). 2018 is year one of my requal period and travel outlook for 2019 looks rather unlikely for me to get more than 100k status miles, so I guess I need to think about some short term actions to make it across the hurdle before year end.
You could use your M&M credit card to bridge the gap, if you have one, and claim your missing miles, both of which are less time consuming than turning in circles in the air to build up status miles.

By chance, I requalifed at just 100.4k miles, all my status miles having been duly credited.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 12:52 pm

i’m missing 15.242 miles,. I am now in NTE and am trying to find a flight round trip for the same day that can help me , I have been checking fights but I don't find anything for less than EUR 620 in BC. Any suggestions? I

Btw I also hear I can call MM, and exchange 10k miles for 10k status, does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, can I do it for 15k ?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:59 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Pandux
i’m missing 15.242 miles,. I am now in NTE and am trying to find a flight round trip for the same day that can help me , I have been checking fights but I don't find anything for less than EUR 620 in BC. Any suggestions? I

Btw I also hear I can call MM, and exchange 10k miles for 10k status, does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, can I do it for 15k ?
little OT but 620 Euros for 15k miles is a pretty good price imo. What flight woul you be taking?

Suggestion wise I have my new little favorite direct turnaround rounftrip, that I'll most probably be doing in february to Casablanca NTE-BRU-FRA-CMN-FRA-BRU-NTE with 25% status bonus you'd earn more than 16k miles, but it'd cost 930 euros... Also you only have one hour to connect in CMN at 2 am in the morning.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by cas_de
LO ex-DACH has some interesting mileage values in Premium Economy, if you are seeking to maximize status mileage/ spend for a few thousand miles. You may have to hang out in WAW for a while though...
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Pandux

NTE-BCN or AMS can be done for 419€: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:0;t:e

You can exchange award for status miles in the select miles section. If you have a credit card you can convert up to 25k award miles. The ratio is rather poor: 1:5 to 1:2. No option on 1:1.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: LH member
Did 52 segments this year, with 28+2 (waiting for 2 EW segments to be credited) on LH Group, all short haul in Europe. FTL should be renewed.
So I´m a small fish in the big ocean :-)
Merry Christmas to all of you!
N1003U likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
NTE-BCN or AMS can be done for 419€: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:0;t:e

You can exchange award for status miles in the select miles section. If you have a credit card you can convert up to 25k award miles. The ratio is rather poor: 1:5 to 1:2. No option on 1:1.
Thanks Oliver, im trying to find a turnaround, with this i can make 10K miles, no? I don't have a credit card with Lufthansa so i don't have possibliity for any type of exchange ?

Originally Posted by Nick Art
little OT but 620 Euros for 15k miles is a pretty good price imo. What flight woul you be taking?

Suggestion wise I have my new little favorite direct turnaround rounftrip, that I'll most probably be doing in february to Casablanca NTE-BRU-FRA-CMN-FRA-BRU-NTE with 25% status bonus you'd earn more than 16k miles, but it'd cost 930 euros... Also you only have one hour to connect in CMN at 2 am in the morning.
Sorry i didn't specify but the one i was looking at was 10k miles NTE to MXP (MUC-BRU), Thanks for the info, i will check that. I'm in a hurry as there are just a few days before the year ends, plus i don't want to fly on the 24th,25th and 31st, so i hope i can make it. Still looking for a good deal.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am still waiting for 3 flights to post to my account, one with myAustrian (GVA-VIE) and two with Eurowings (surprise surprise). It would be really great if one of them could hit my account by tomorrow, ideally the OS one from 23rd December. I am at 29 segments and I just don't trust Miles & More IT to actually cope with it if the flights post in the new year. I am hoping to extend FTL until March 2022.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 12:53 pm

Last flight is in and I am at 102'408, requalification reached.. Waiting for evouchers to post.. Next flight is Long haul on 1/3 to NRT and would be lovely to use evouchers to U/G to F.. first time in many years the evouchers did not post with requalification.. not happy :-(
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:03 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
My first longhaul trip this year to South America was mostly on awards or on non-*A carriers. Two trips to Japan on LH and SK plus an A-fare return to SFO secured SEN requalification, but I still have a P-fare return to South Africa before the end of the year and will overshoot my target.
I have now completed all my flights for 2018 and here is an updated map. Two flights have not yet posted but I should end the year with a little over 122K status miles.

N1003U likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.