2018 Status requalification race

Reply

Old Dec 14, 18, 2:31 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,560
Shame it’s a lot harder to do a tour of Switzerland these days, like I did of Germany yesterday. Not very ecological in reality, but the flights would have gone anyway, whether or not I was booked on them.
Concerto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 4:02 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,560
All my flights from my tour of Germany last Thursday have turned up on my account, except the last one operated by Eurowings of course. Pretty good going, for a moment I thought it was going to go slow and I would have to retroclaim. Result!
Concerto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 18, 2:35 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MUC
Programs: this and that
Posts: 1,016
Despite 82 [countable] segments this year and several crediting issues - some of which have been pending since April - I am stuck at 95k status miles right now (97k if everything would have credited correctly). 2018 is year one of my requal period and travel outlook for 2019 looks rather unlikely for me to get more than 100k status miles, so I guess I need to think about some short term actions to make it across the hurdle before year end.
cas_de is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 18, 6:02 pm
  #49  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Posts: 6,725
4 flights to go and then I am done for 2018. 175400 BIS miles and not quite 100 segments. Miles credited to M&M: 0
N1003U likes this.
totti is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 18, 2:58 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: London | Sydney
Programs: LH HON, QF CLP1, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Posts: 727
Currently at 461,544 HON Circle miles for 2018 with a number of intra-europe and a F Class flight to Miami to come before New Years.
Trying NOT to re-qualify HON before the end of Feb 2019 as apparently status would only extend to Feb 2021 rather than Feb 2022..!
vantage03 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 18, 4:30 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CH
Programs: LX SEN
Posts: 593
Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
Despite 82 [countable] segments this year and several crediting issues - some of which have been pending since April - I am stuck at 95k status miles right now (97k if everything would have credited correctly). 2018 is year one of my requal period and travel outlook for 2019 looks rather unlikely for me to get more than 100k status miles, so I guess I need to think about some short term actions to make it across the hurdle before year end.
You could use your M&M credit card to bridge the gap, if you have one, and claim your missing miles, both of which are less time consuming than turning in circles in the air to build up status miles.

By chance, I requalifed at just 100.4k miles, all my status miles having been duly credited.
Nic33 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 18, 12:52 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 69
im missing 15.242 miles,. I am now in NTE and am trying to find a flight round trip for the same day that can help me , I have been checking fights but I don't find anything for less than EUR 620 in BC. Any suggestions? I

Btw I also hear I can call MM, and exchange 10k miles for 10k status, does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, can I do it for 15k ?
Pandux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 18, 1:59 pm
  #53  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ZRH
Programs: LX, SK *G, FPC, GA/AG
Posts: 1,410
Originally Posted by Pandux View Post
im missing 15.242 miles,. I am now in NTE and am trying to find a flight round trip for the same day that can help me , I have been checking fights but I don't find anything for less than EUR 620 in BC. Any suggestions? I

Btw I also hear I can call MM, and exchange 10k miles for 10k status, does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, can I do it for 15k ?
little OT but 620 Euros for 15k miles is a pretty good price imo. What flight woul you be taking?

Suggestion wise I have my new little favorite direct turnaround rounftrip, that I'll most probably be doing in february to Casablanca NTE-BRU-FRA-CMN-FRA-BRU-NTE with 25% status bonus you'd earn more than 16k miles, but it'd cost 930 euros... Also you only have one hour to connect in CMN at 2 am in the morning.
Nick Art is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 18, 2:57 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: BSL/FRA or ORD/SBN
Programs: LH Miles and More, KE Skypass, DL SkyMiles, Starwood
Posts: 2,325
Originally Posted by cas_de View Post
Despite 82 [countable] segments this year and several crediting issues - some of which have been pending since April - I am stuck at 95k status miles right now (97k if everything would have credited correctly). 2018 is year one of my requal period and travel outlook for 2019 looks rather unlikely for me to get more than 100k status miles, so I guess I need to think about some short term actions to make it across the hurdle before year end.
LO ex-DACH has some interesting mileage values in Premium Economy, if you are seeking to maximize status mileage/ spend for a few thousand miles. You may have to hang out in WAW for a while though...
N1003U is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 18, 5:25 am
  #55  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 36,749
Originally Posted by Pandux View Post
im missing 15.242 miles,. I am now in NTE and am trying to find a flight round trip for the same day that can help me , I have been checking fights but I don't find anything for less than EUR 620 in BC. Any suggestions? I

Btw I also hear I can call MM, and exchange 10k miles for 10k status, does anyone know if this is true ? And if so, can I do it for 15k ?
NTE-BCN or AMS can be done for 419: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:0;t:e

You can exchange award for status miles in the select miles section. If you have a credit card you can convert up to 25k award miles. The ratio is rather poor: 1:5 to 1:2. No option on 1:1.
oliver2002 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 18, 6:57 am
  #56  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: near HAJ
Programs: LH FTL
Posts: 139
Did 52 segments this year, with 28+2 (waiting for 2 EW segments to be credited) on LH Group, all short haul in Europe. FTL should be renewed.
So Im a small fish in the big ocean :-)
Merry Christmas to all of you!
N1003U likes this.
flyingchris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 18, 9:04 am
  #57  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
NTE-BCN or AMS can be done for 419: https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...;sc:b;sd:0;t:e

You can exchange award for status miles in the select miles section. If you have a credit card you can convert up to 25k award miles. The ratio is rather poor: 1:5 to 1:2. No option on 1:1.
Thanks Oliver, im trying to find a turnaround, with this i can make 10K miles, no? I don't have a credit card with Lufthansa so i don't have possibliity for any type of exchange ?


Originally Posted by Nick Art View Post
little OT but 620 Euros for 15k miles is a pretty good price imo. What flight woul you be taking?

Suggestion wise I have my new little favorite direct turnaround rounftrip, that I'll most probably be doing in february to Casablanca NTE-BRU-FRA-CMN-FRA-BRU-NTE with 25% status bonus you'd earn more than 16k miles, but it'd cost 930 euros... Also you only have one hour to connect in CMN at 2 am in the morning.
Sorry i didn't specify but the one i was looking at was 10k miles NTE to MXP (MUC-BRU), Thanks for the info, i will check that. I'm in a hurry as there are just a few days before the year ends, plus i don't want to fly on the 24th,25th and 31st, so i hope i can make it. Still looking for a good deal.
Pandux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 18, 12:28 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 7,560
I am still waiting for 3 flights to post to my account, one with myAustrian (GVA-VIE) and two with Eurowings (surprise surprise). It would be really great if one of them could hit my account by tomorrow, ideally the OS one from 23rd December. I am at 29 segments and I just don't trust Miles & More IT to actually cope with it if the flights post in the new year. I am hoping to extend FTL until March 2022.
Concerto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 18, 12:53 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 70
Last flight is in and I am at 102'408, requalification reached.. Waiting for evouchers to post.. Next flight is Long haul on 1/3 to NRT and would be lovely to use evouchers to U/G to F.. first time in many years the evouchers did not post with requalification.. not happy :-(
laoshu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 18, 2:03 pm
  #60  
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz, and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 150km from MAN
Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Posts: 26,879
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner View Post
My first longhaul trip this year to South America was mostly on awards or on non-*A carriers. Two trips to Japan on LH and SK plus an A-fare return to SFO secured SEN requalification, but I still have a P-fare return to South Africa before the end of the year and will overshoot my target.
I have now completed all my flights for 2018 and here is an updated map. Two flights have not yet posted but I should end the year with a little over 122K status miles.

N1003U likes this.
NewbieRunner is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread