Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 Status requalification race

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:55 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Have you had situations where the exec bonus didn’t post for partner flights? Did a transpac on SQ last year and saw the points post, not no exec bonus and I’ve been wondering whether to ask for it.

TBF, the bonus could have already been included but entry isn’t broken out like other entries in my statement.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:01 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by sophialite
Have you had situations where the exec bonus didn’t post for partner flights? Did a transpac on SQ last year and saw the points post, not no exec bonus and I’ve been wondering whether to ask for it.

TBF, the bonus could have already been included but entry isn’t broken out like other entries in my statement.
If you are talking about status miles, flights on SQ do not earn the 25% extra (https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002). In case you are talking about the additional award miles (factor 5 vs. factor 4), you will get those only if the ticket has been issued by LH, LX, OS, SN.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:04 am

The status miles wouldn't make a difference, but I am talking about award miles. And in that case, I understand that SQ tickets (on SQ paper, SQ metal, etc.) are not subject to the revenue-based M&M scheme, so I should be getting the executive bonus, no?

Edit: Just read the link, had no idea that also changed for partner airlines, although weirdly enough I did get an exec bonus for my Air Canada flights that I took after that.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:06 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by sophialite
The status miles wouldn't make a difference, but I am talking about award miles. And in that case, I understand that SQ tickets (on SQ paper, SQ metal, etc.) are not subject to the revenue-based M&M scheme, so I should be getting the executive bonus, no?
Unfortunately not.
As a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member, you get an additional Executive Bonus of 25% on the award miles calculated on the basis of the ticket price.
Just as a comparison, if you look at the earning page of AC you get the following text:
As a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member, you get an additional Executive Bonus of 25% or 50% on award miles and 25% on status miles.
AC, UA and LO (besides LH Group LH/LX/OS/SN) hand out the extra 25% for M&M status members.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:08 am

Damn. Should've read the fine print. Maybe I'll hire one of the many lawyers posting in this forum
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Please see my response to Concerto above (posts 82 and 84).
NewbieRunner, yes I was aware that this is a dead year. I've just checked my account via the web and it does indeed have the message about what I need to do to achieve SEN, so that sounds reassuring.
However, the *app* shows the goal for 2019 as 'Requalification to Frequent Traveller'. ?!

This is why I'm confused.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Maybe not all your flights have credited yet, which would set your account where it should be for this year once they have credited. To NewbieRunnerabove, I usually wait exactly one month before making a retroclaim.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Concerto
Maybe not all your flights have credited yet, which would set your account where it should be for this year once they have credited. To NewbieRunnerabove, I usually wait exactly one month before making a retroclaim.
The final FTL flights credited on DEC31 (I posted it earlier in the thread) and I got a status screen in the app on that day, showing that I had reached the qualification limit for FTL (I should have taken a screenshot, of course).
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:30 am

My 2018 requalification ended today with a new shiny blue card and an offer to pay 500€ to keep FTL for another year. 8700 miles in the account that I think will remain orphaned, and bye bye M&M for this former frequent flyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.