Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Software bug crediting award miles | Systematically to few M&M

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
The whole exercise just seems poorly planned and disastrously executed. What is particularly annoying to me is that their posting of award miles is too intransparent to be verified with reasonable effort, especially for more complex multi-leg routings and tickets which have had subsequent reroutings with fare differences. In my case I could be spending hours doing this, and am quite fed up with the situation. Given that they are in effect short-changing a lot of customers until the post the correct miles, they should at least provide all the information (so revenue data as well) in the posting that is required to reasonably verify the correctness of their calculations. I didn’t get the Mail from them referred to in earlier postings, but that message just shows complete disregard for their passengers: in effect telling us they are doing us a favor by attempting to correcting their own mistakes!? And the message implies the problem may have been sorted as of May 24, whereas the press reports suggest it won’t be before end of July (my last flight with wrong mileage being posted was just a few days back).

I have had quite a lot of flights under the new system, and nearly half of them have posted less than 50% of the award miles I am due, with practically none of these having been corrected. They can’t even get simple one way flights right (in one such simple case I got approx. 25% of the miles I am entitled to...). Some are correct, and some have posted under the old system. I even have the mix and match for flights with the same ticket. There is absolutely no pattern to this. And MM customer service in this connection is a complete disaster (heard from them once after I complained with detailed calculations, and nothing has happened since).

I think they will only come to their senses and get their act together when people start suing them. Which is a real possibility if they do not sort this out within a reasonable time frame (big question is what reasonable is in this case) since they would then seemingly be in violation of their own program rules until then...

Anyway, no way they will revert to the old system because of this, and I very much suspect they will retrospectively also adjust any award miles they mistakenly credited under the old system instead of the new one, so probably safer to use them before that

Last edited by Wtravel; Jul 11, 2018 at 8:49 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:51 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
I just got a flight (retro-) credited with 54 award miles ! This would equal to a qualifying cost of 54/6 = 9 Euro ...
The ticket wasn‘t expensive (one way flight for around 100 EUR), but I would still reckon that flight price plus qualifying fees are more than 9 EUR ?

Really annoying to go back into the ticket / invoice details...
Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:20 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
It happened again. Corp fare booked via corp TA (IT ticket) MUC-AMS-MUC, outbound Q, inbound U costing north of €500 did yield 2x 222 award miles being credited to my account (under the new system). Which equals to just the €74 of "national rip off surcharge" multiplied by 6.

Old Jul 14, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by cas_de
It happened again. Corp fare booked via corp TA (IT ticket) MUC-AMS-MUC .... Which equals to just the €74 of "national rip off surcharge" multiplied by 6.
Originally Posted by Carpacchio
I just got a flight (retro-) credited with 54 award miles ! This would equal to a qualifying cost of 54/6 = 9 Euro ...
After verifying, same problem here: the 9 EUR is the national fun charge, while tariff is IT and hence added as zero EUR.

What's the best way forward ? Complain or wait on their promised auto retro credit ?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Unfortunately LH is on its best way to make M&M a very unattractive programme. The last weeks have shown (again) that management cares more for short term profit making than for long term customer satisfaction. I flew six times within the last four weeks, all LH flights within Europe and booked on LH channels. Regardless the price and booking class, I got very little milage (e.g. 48 miles for FRA-MUC). The programme became intransparent and very unattractive to me. Luckily there are more airlines and loyalty programmes I can use!
Old Jul 16, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Here is my activity since the switch:

Code:
AMSTERDAM-ZUERICH   +92M    125     74%
ZUERICH-WIEN        +96M    125     77%
KOSICE-WIEN         +156M   500     31%
WIEN-AMSTERDAM      +420M   500     84%
AMSTERDAM-ZUERICH   +116M   500     23%
ZUERICH-WARSAW      +204M   500     41%
WARSAW-MUENCHEN     +152M   500     30%
MUENCHEN-AMSTERDAM  +132M   500     26%
Total               +1368M  3250    42%
yurtripper likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.