Software bug crediting award miles | Systematically to few M&M

Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH-SEN, Etihad-G, BA-S, GHA-Black, HH-Diamond, PC-Plat, SPG+Marriot-G.
Software bug crediting award miles | Systematically to few M&M

FAZ, the major German broadsheet, just carried an article that have LH confirming a software bug that leads to too few miles being credited after the M&M changes. I did spot that after the changes and after many flight cancellations, the cancelled flights were credited incorrectly - but this is only one of the bugs.

See Viele Kunden bekommen zu wenige Lufthansa-Meilen

Last edited by fra_muc; Jul 8, 2018 at 1:07 am
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:46 am

Feature or bug?
yurtripper and GBM.flights like this.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Maybe thats why they dont post any miles to M&M anymore ? Out of my 4 flights in the past 3 weeks (OS, LH, LX), only 1 made it automatically. Postings to the Miles&Bonus account of my family worked without problems....
Old Jul 8, 2018, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
LH is a 5* airline, ( allegedly) so they need 5* IT & so does M&M

Hell will freeze over faster
Anderson24 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Would this be connected?

Your flight data

Number of flights

Flight 1

Airline name
Austrian Airlines

Date of flight
xx.05.2018

Flight number
OS 552

Booking class
Economy L Class

Departure airport
ZRH

Arrival airport
VIE

Ticket number
724 23103xxxxx

Name on ticket
Fxxx/xxx

Crediting result
A mileage credit was not possible.
I'm trying to do retrocredit. I would really prefer to have the segment...
Old Jul 9, 2018, 3:35 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Miles from my recent flights MAN-MUC-NUE-FRA-MAN appear like this on LH.app. (NUE-FRA was on Lufthansa Express Rail.)

But on the desktop version of M&M this is what I see.

I wonder if I should contact M&M to complain the Executive Bonus is missing from award miles.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: LX SEN
I have the same type of issues and displays. And I received the email below from M&M on 2 July, but no miles have been credited so fare (apologies, it is in German):

Ein Geschenk an Sie: zustzliche Prmienmeilen

Die Lufthansa Group Airlines bedanken sich fr Ihr Verstndnis
Sehr geehrter Herr XXX

es ist unser Anspruch, Ihnen als Miles & More Teilnehmer beim Meilensammeln einen reibungslosen Ablauf zu bieten.

Daher bitten wir Sie um Ihr Verstndnis, dass wir diesem Anspruch bei der neuen Prmienmeilenberechnung fr Ihre Flge nicht gengen konnten und es zwischen dem 12. Mrz und dem 24. Mai 2018 zu Differenzen bei Ihrer Prmienmeilengutschrift kam.

In diesem Zusammenhang wenden wir uns im Namen der Lufthansa Group Airlines mit einer besonderen Aufmerksamkeit an Sie: Prmienmeilen, die Ihnen im Rahmen der o.g. Umstellung abgezogen wurden, werden Ihnen rckwirkend wieder gutgeschrieben.

Wir wnschen Ihnen weiterhin angenehme Flge und viel Freude beim Meilensammeln.

Ihr Miles & More Team
Unquote
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by Nic33
I have the same type of issues and displays. And I received the email below from M&M on 2 July, but no miles have been credited so fare (apologies, it is in German):

Ein Geschenk an Sie: zustzliche Prmienmeilen

Die Lufthansa Group Airlines bedanken sich fr Ihr Verstndnis
Sehr geehrter Herr XXX

es ist unser Anspruch, Ihnen als Miles & More Teilnehmer beim Meilensammeln einen reibungslosen Ablauf zu bieten.

Daher bitten wir Sie um Ihr Verstndnis, dass wir diesem Anspruch bei der neuen Prmienmeilenberechnung fr Ihre Flge nicht gengen konnten und es zwischen dem 12. Mrz und dem 24. Mai 2018 zu Differenzen bei Ihrer Prmienmeilengutschrift kam.

In diesem Zusammenhang wenden wir uns im Namen der Lufthansa Group Airlines mit einer besonderen Aufmerksamkeit an Sie: Prmienmeilen, die Ihnen im Rahmen der o.g. Umstellung abgezogen wurden, werden Ihnen rckwirkend wieder gutgeschrieben.

Wir wnschen Ihnen weiterhin angenehme Flge und viel Freude beim Meilensammeln.

Ihr Miles & More Team
Unquote
I received the same mail and do not even understand the context. They claim to hand out a special treat ("besondere Aufmerksamkeit") by re-crediting miles that were deducted previously in the course of the re-configuration from mileage based to revenue based. Huh?! If they wrongfully deducted miles it should go without saying that they ought to re-credit, shouldn't it?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 2:17 am

Yes, it is difficult to understand indeed. The title says: "A Gift to you: additional award miles". Hence, I also understand that additional award miles would be credited. But I actually got none (neither additional miles, nor credit of due miles on past flights).

On another note, I am sometimes credited with award miles in the same amount as status miles for certain of my flight legs. The new award miles system is completely unpredictable and the award miles posting cannot be understood, as far as I am concerned.

M&M should roll back to a system that users can understand. In addition, the old system took into account the margin made by the airline, as higher booking classes (those with higher margins) yielded more miles. In the new system, the credit of award miles only depends on $ spent and ignores the margin. If M&M wanted to spend less award miles, it could have even cut more the yield on the lower booking classes.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I flew Swiss this week on a ticket purchased a couple of weeks ago (well into the new system) and for he first time since the rules changed, it credited using the old system (which worked in my favour). Maybe they are rolling back while they work it out?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:22 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by vantage03
I flew Swiss this week on a ticket purchased a couple of weeks ago (well into the new system) and for he first time since the rules changed, it credited using the old system (which worked in my favour). Maybe they are rolling back while they work it out?
Any chance that you did use a corp TA (such as Amex GBT) or a negotiated fare? These should credit under the old system.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 6:34 am

It happened to me on 2 of the 3 legs of a intra EU flight purchased and flewn with LX at the end of May. I was also credited the old system award miles on the return of a TATL flight (but not on the EU feeder flight). Weird...
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cas_de
Any chance that you did use a corp TA (such as Amex GBT) or a negotiated fare? These should credit under the old system.
Longhaul segment through Amex, EU feeder flight booked direct online. Both credited under the old system
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:42 am

Mine were all booked via LH.com or swiss.com
Old Jul 10, 2018, 9:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
My EU flights under corp contract credited as per old system, a colleagues long haul LH P flight also booked by the corp TA (but with a published fare) credited as per new system last week.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.