Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:06 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
It is not, and never was (check the first post in this thread). The onboard menu is "LOT Gourmet".
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Actually, the "Kafeteria" is the Buy-On-Board menu but this thread had turned in to a general discussion of LOT.
IMO, one of the moderators could create a "LOT-General Discussion Thread" and change the name of this thread as "The LOT Kafeteria - Buy On Board Menu".
If it's also permitted by the website, a sub-forum ( similar to the Swiss forum ) could be created for LOT.
You may want to (not necessarily in the below order):
  • Go back to page 1 and read the first post (as marcoos also kindly suggested);
  • Refrain from making nonsensical (in this particular context, needless to say) requests to moderators;
  • Enjoy this thread as it is and indeed in its true spirit.
You're very welcome

G
TPJ, hugolover, megaloman and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:20 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Time to re-open discussion about renaming this thread to something like LOT's 'Budka z Piwem' to avoid any misunderstandings...

PS. Just kidding... or maybe not
N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
LOT's 'Budka z Piwem'
The title is original and had been suggested before however, as also said back at the time, it would defeat the purpose of a user-friendly's name for the FlyerTalk's wider English speaking audience I'm not implying that this shouldn't be revised in the first instance but instead merely suggesting that, if indeed this was to be the case, a more 'effortless' title would be preferred (reason why we went for Kafeteria, easy-peasy and pretty straightforward for the vast majority I guess)

G
N1003U, yurtripper and iLied like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
The title is original and had been suggested before however, as also said back at the time, it would defeat the purpose of a user-friendly's name for the FlyerTalk's wider English speaking audience I'm not implying that this shouldn't be revised in the first instance but instead merely suggesting that, if indeed this was to be the case, a more 'effortless' title would be preferred (reason why we went for Kafeteria, easy-peasy and pretty straightforward for the vast majority I guess)

G
Might I be controversial and suggesting both names with Kafeteria first might be a solution to this question?

Also sorry for starting this debate! It’s just difficult when the LO code is used elsewhere and in theory is a LOT flight but in practice isn’t.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
  • Refrain from making nonsensical (in this particular context, needless to say) requests to moderators;
  • Enjoy this thread as it is and indeed in its true spirit.
You're very welcome

G
Thanks for this informative post, checked the relevant post and edited my post.
I also agree with the third statement.

Originally Posted by iLied

Might I be controversial and suggesting both names with Kafeteria first might be a solution to this question?

Also sorry for starting this debate! It’s just difficult when the LO code is used elsewhere and in theory is a LOT flight but in practice isn’t.
I am sorry for starting the debate! Not your fault, sometimes brains could not function properly ( especially night time )
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

I am sorry for starting the debate
No need to be sorry, we're quite friendly and the best of a bad lot us Kafeterians

G
iLied likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: M&M FTL

G
It will always seem a bit odd however, as it's not the English spelling, nor is it a word commonly seen in Polish. In fact I'm really racking my brains trying to think of a situation where I've seen it (airside at WAW perhaps or some other tourist-heavy area?) or heard it used (never as far as I can recall).
N1003U likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theSaladDays
It will always seem a bit odd however, as it's not the English spelling, nor is it a word commonly seen in Polish. In fact I'm really racking my brains trying to think of a situation where I've seen it (airside at WAW perhaps or some other tourist-heavy area?) or heard it used (never as far as I can recall).
You (and indeed everyone else) are more than welcome to come up with suggestions, the title is not set in stone. Again, though, your post fails to address the main point here and namely: regardless of whether the word is commonly used/seen in Polish language/Poland, the initial purpose was merely to use something easy to pick/remember. Suggestions are always welcome, always bearing in mind that FlyerTalk is an English speaking 'platform' and that most users may not necessarily care how many times the word appears in touristy area of Warsaw, Zamość or Koszalin, as long as it is easy to read and makes some sort of sense for the wider audience

G
N1003U, yurtripper and iLied like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Bar Mleczny & Kawiarnia (amongst others) were also suggested 'post-launch', just a couple of examples but we can surely come up with more and go for a mini-poll to decide how (or if at all) to rename the thread

Again, whilst I love Polish language (as someone who learned it in very young age and not even by living in Poland in the first instance, yet merely by watching Złotopolscy, Klan etc. on TVP Polonia and by listening to the likes of Lady Pank, Paweł Kukiz & Wilki ), I personally think that the [new] title should be 'community friendly' and mostly aimed at an English speaking audience

G
TPJ, N1003U and iLied like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Bar Mleczny & Kawiarnia (amongst others) were also suggested 'post-launch', just a couple of examples but we can surely come up with more and go for a mini-poll to decide how (or if at all) to rename the thread

Again, whilst I love Polish language (as someone who learned it in very young age and not even by living in Poland in the first instance, yet merely by watching Złotopolscy, Klan etc. on TVP Polonia and by listening to the likes of Lady Pank, Paweł Kukiz & Wilki ), I personally think that the [new] title should be 'community friendly' and mostly aimed at an English speaking audience

G
I studied Polish as well but gave up not having a Pole to practice with. Why don’t we keep it as is for now and see if there’s a move to rename it at a later date?
lhrpete and AlicorporateUK like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: M&M FTL
Smile

You (and indeed everyone else) are more than welcome to come up with suggestions, the title is not set in stone. Again, though, your post fails to address the main point here and namely: regardless of whether the word is commonly used/seen in Polish language/Poland, the initial purpose was merely to use something easy to pick/remember. Suggestions are always welcome, always bearing in mind that FlyerTalk is an English speaking 'platform' and that most users may not necessarily care how many times the word appears in touristy area of Warsaw, Zamość or Koszalin, as long as it is easy to read and makes some sort of sense for the wider audience

G
Sorry, hadn't intended to imply that it's the wrong choice, it was meant just an observation from a bilingual forum member I certainly understand the need, on an English-language site, for the name to be generally understandable, and when I did think about possible alternatives, nothing sufficiently international came to mind anyway. Knajpa LOT, Speluna LOT, or even LOTowska pijalnia wódki wouldn't work :P Perhaps Klub LOT or Diskoteka LOT would do the job, but anyway, I'll shut up about it.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Sorry, hadn't intended to imply that it's the wrong choice, it was meant just an observation from a bilingual forum member I certainly understand the need, on an English-language site, for the name to be generally understandable, and when I did think about possible alternatives, nothing sufficiently international came to mind anyway. Knajpa LOT, Speluna LOT, or even LOTowska pijalnia wódki wouldn't work :P Perhaps Klub LOT or Diskoteka LOT would do the job, but anyway, I'll shut up about it.
Thanks for the suggestions, this is exactly what we want and feel free to come up with more should you think of any

G
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What was your question iLied?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
I am sorry for starting the debate! Not your fault, sometimes brains could not function properly ( especially night time )
No need to be sorry, we're quite friendly and the best of a bad lot us Kafeterians

Wow, we've been at this for over a year now (looking back to Post #1 ), and we are still discussing the thread name!?
Somehow I find it encouraging: it makes me believe the spirit of the thread is not only alive, but thriving.

Anyway, what I thought was going to be a temporary travel hack of transiting from FRA to ORD via WAW (the crazy LH/UA pricing between FRA and ORD and the aggressive LO pricing to almost anywhere ex-DACH attracted me to try LO in the first place) has now become quite a habit of nearly two years, interrupted only by the occasional FRA/ORD nonstop when LH screws up and actually publishes a competitive fare.

So on my upcoming journey to ORD, I have found a rather attractively-priced option of traveling via KRK, with about 2-3 hours of connect time. My problem: I know nothing about KRK (what the connection hazards are, options in case the flight cancels, airport environment, etc.).

With my ignorance of KRK in mind, may I challenge this friendly Kafeteria group to suggest (seriously or not), some things I can do during my transfer at KRK, and what I might do in the (likely or unlikely?) event of IRROPS?

For example:
  • what are the KRK airside (or nearby landside) food options?
  • what are my options if I arrive, only to find out LO 009 has been canceled?
  • what is the *G lounge like?
  • can I get a selfie with a cardboard cutout of John Paul II?
  • etc., etc...
Comments, suggestions, and/or snide remarks are always appreciated.
AlicorporateUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.