The LOT Kafeteria

Reply

Old Jan 16, 19, 4:20 pm
  #526  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,663
Itís okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. Iím bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 3:08 am
  #527  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 40
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Itís okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. Iím bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.
Thanks for the comments.
Somehow, as expected.
Maniak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 4:30 am
  #528  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: WRO/LHR/WAW/KTW/BRU
Programs: M&M FTL
Posts: 117
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
Itís okay. Nothing more:

Two salads, though only meat on it typically after breakfast. Some cold cuts in a fridge. Soup. Cake. Bread- yesterday the bread was so stale it could break windows.

In my opinion the food is weak in comparison to other domestic lounges in PL and certainly compared to WAW. The only hot food is soup after noon- winter only.

Bevs are okay, unfortunately carbonated water unlike San Pelly in WAW.

Katowice has a better selection. Iím bored of Krakow lounge and try not to spend too long in there. Charging plebby pax 120PLN is comical.
Aren't all the domestics contract lounges rather than LOT lounges? Presumably they don't have much influence over the selections (and why FTLs no longer have access).
theSaladDays is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 19, 4:45 am
  #529  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,808
Originally Posted by theSaladDays View Post
Aren't all the domestics contract lounges rather than LOT lounges?
They are, yes.

As also stated above by hugolover, Katowice has a good selection though (there was even some decent sushi the other day!) whereas Gdańsk has the best beer (Browar Amber, the local brewery from Kolbudy ) but a rather poor food selection (lots of sweet snacks which don't really go well with the beer itself!).

G
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Jan 17, 19 at 4:55 am
AlicorporateUK is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 19, 7:47 am
  #530  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: WAW/BHX
Programs: SQ(*G), A3(*G), LH(*S), SK, BA; Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,532
The lounge in KRK isn't a LOT business lounge, like you have in WAW, it's a contract lounge. FTL won't get you in there so you need a ticket in J, *G status or something like Priority Pass.

The food options are fairly basic (better than GDN but worse than WAW) but it's a pleasant enough place to hang out as you have a view of the apron. If you feel you need a proper meal I wouldn't rely on it by any means.
hugolover and Maniak like this.
yurtripper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 19, 8:04 am
  #531  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,663
RZE is a pleasant little lounge in a place you wouldnít expect it (despite the recent EWR service).

On account that they have a Nespresso machine, itís the best coffee of all in Polish lounges.

Sometimes they have Bigos.

I saw a legacy Deduschka enjoy packets of jam and butter. He just ate them with a spoon. A delicious treat no doubt. SEN tag was on full deployment-0 stars observed.

Regarding KRK, if there would be any impetus for change in the catering then the political class who visit (with their gratis SEN status) would need to feed it back via their ďfar rightĒ contacts. Then Iím sure things would improve.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:41 am
  #532  
TPJ
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Posts: 6,262
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
G and I are of the opinion that it changed last week.

But we should gather data... when was the last time you successfully selected the bulkhead?

The opinion is it might be blocked to non-M&M Golds.
Flying KRK-WAW tonight - scored 2D bulkhead/emergency exit seat

Edit - 1B is also available
iLied likes this.

Last edited by TPJ; Jan 22, 19 at 3:52 am
TPJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 5:51 am
  #533  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,663
We noticed it on the Embraers. Dash is OK.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:14 am
  #534  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Posts: 341
Trip report: The ERJ175 did have a separation curtain and I didn’t notice one on the CRJ900.
iLied is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:42 am
  #535  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sarajevo
Posts: 3,808
I know I've highlighted this before but I seem to come across similar set-ups in terms of pricing more and more often



G
TPJ and iLied like this.
AlicorporateUK is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:53 am
  #536  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 23
Dear FT members,

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question.

Could you please help with an educated guess or other information whether LO31 (BUD-ORD) and LO32 (ORD-BUD) are expected to operate in February and March? The Tuesday rotations have been cancelled a while ago, but now I can see that the January 12 and 19 Saturday rotations were also cancelled and I heard in local media that only long connections via Warsaw or rebooking to the next operating direct flight (who knows when) or a refund have been offered.
I can see that Feb 2,9,23 are bookable, and in March the rotation seems to be back to normal Tuesday and Saturday, but our group is a bit hesitant to book the Feb 23 or Mar 2 rotations (final date to be finalized slightly later).
gerilege is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:32 am
  #537  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Singapore, Warsaw, Surfers Paradise
Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Posts: 4,862
Just curious about the upgrade process - has anyone had any success bidding on the SIN-WAW route, especially for an upgrade from Premium Economy to Biz?

Do minimum bids have any chance at all of being accepted or are they a waste of time? Do PE to Biz upgrades clear more often since the airline can simultaneously sell an Econ to PE upgrade to someone else?
aster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:00 am
  #538  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,663
When are you travelling?

A friend of mine is listed on staff standby for SIN and they say the cabin is wide open for the next few months and has a better chance of clearing in Biz than PE. So if they're giving it away for nothing to staff then you'd imagine a paid upgrade might clear OK.
hugolover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:20 pm
  #539  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Posts: 341
Originally Posted by gerilege View Post
Dear FT members,

Sorry if this is not the right thread for this question.

Could you please help with an educated guess or other information whether LO31 (BUD-ORD) and LO32 (ORD-BUD) are expected to operate in February and March? The Tuesday rotations have been cancelled a while ago, but now I can see that the January 12 and 19 Saturday rotations were also cancelled and I heard in local media that only long connections via Warsaw or rebooking to the next operating direct flight (who knows when) or a refund have been offered.
I can see that Feb 2,9,23 are bookable, and in March the rotation seems to be back to normal Tuesday and Saturday, but our group is a bit hesitant to book the Feb 23 or Mar 2 rotations (final date to be finalized slightly later).
Know that under EU 261/2004 regulations that if they cancel the flight, you have rights. This is because they break the contract with you. It’s worth reading up about them.
iLied is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 19, 1:09 pm
  #540  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MUC
Programs: this and that
Posts: 973
Originally Posted by iLied View Post
Trip report: The ERJ175 did have a separation curtain and I didnít notice one on the CRJ900.
Which confirms exactly what I did see on both the E75 and the CR9 in late Dec! Thanks!
N1003U and iLied like this.
cas_de is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread