Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
I've started flying LO a lot more in the past 12 months, and I have to admit that I would rank them as probably the best continental airline in Europe at the moment, and especially so compared to LH Group.
  • Best legroom & seat comfort on regional aircraft (I know hugolover will come after me for this one, but I've yet to end up on one of their E175s)
  • Fastest posting times to partner FFPs
I also fly more LO lately, since prices are way better than those KL wants these days.

Unfortunately I had a few E175: I'm missing my EC seat on KL
They post flights quicker to TK (1-2h) than TK does with it's own flights.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've not been on LO in ages, unfortunately for me they are not price competitive. Even if I assing LO Eco Light same value proposition as LH/OS Eco Classic.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 7:05 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Hmm - has anyone noticed this information as of today?

Jarosław Olechowski - who had been fired by the government operated TVP television, some months ago, has just been announced as the new spokesperson for the Polska Agencja Żeglugi Powietrznej - which is, of course, government owned. As someone noted on Twitter - what has his experience with airlines, airports or aircrafts been prior to today.... I suppose he is preparing for his future appointment as Consul General in NYC, as a similar (LOT) position was held by the current CG.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 3:12 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I've not been on LO in ages, unfortunately for me they are not price competitive. Even if I assing LO Eco Light same value proposition as LH/OS Eco Classic.
That's interesting since I'd assume we fly on similar routes and I actually find LO to usually be the cheaper option.

Nevertheless, even when they're not, I'm always happy to pay some reasonable extra (say 50€ one-way) to fly with them as their product is indeed far superior to LH Group for the reasons described above. My bigger issue with LOT are timings of their flights. Too often there's only an early morning flight when flying towards VIE, with the only alternative being an overnight connection in Warsaw. There is an evening WAW-VIE codeshare with OS, but that often costs 200€ extra.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 1:08 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by the810
That's interesting since I'd assume we fly on similar routes and I actually find LO to usually be the cheaper option.

Nevertheless, even when they're not, I'm always happy to pay some reasonable extra (say 50€ one-way) to fly with them as their product is indeed far superior to LH Group for the reasons described above. My bigger issue with LOT are timings of their flights. Too often there's only an early morning flight when flying towards VIE, with the only alternative being an overnight connection in Warsaw. There is an evening WAW-VIE codeshare with OS, but that often costs 200€ extra.
I don't think we do fly in any similar patterns. I have not O/Dd in VIE since 2019, will be there for the first time other than transit on the 1st. 3.5 odd years after my last departure (which IIRC was also a transit, but an overnight one)

LO is available, again, after some time of absence, on my "VFR" route, but they are typically more than 100 EUR extra over OS (I also value LO about 50 EUR per direction over OS). On my recent business travel routes they didn't even pop up in the search.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 11:08 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
  • Best legroom & seat comfort on regional aircraft (I know hugolover will come after me for this one
  • The other day I had a 'pleasure' of flying on an ex-AZ aircraft. I was wondering if NEK (Lufti et al.) or these seats are the most uncomfortable. But I think NEK seats win...
Anyway - I agree wholeheartedly with you. LO is a fine airline...
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never thought I'd see the day! It's taken a long time but it's great to see LOT finally celebrate the LGBTQIA+ Community for Pride month. LOT, like most airlines, would be lost without their 🌈 colleagues.

chris63, EuropeanPete and the810 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 1:18 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
I've started flying LO a lot more in the past 12 months, and I have to admit that I would rank them as probably the best continental airline in Europe at the moment, and especially so compared to LH Group.
  • Free seat selection at check-in on Light fares
  • Free checked bag for *G on Light fares
  • Best legroom & seat comfort on regional aircraft (I know hugolover will come after me for this one, but I've yet to end up on one of their E175s)
  • Best *G lounge in terms of food & drink
  • Consistent onboard experience
  • Very good punctuality
  • Straightforward transfers at WAW
  • Decent, uncomplicated product in long-haul J and Y+
  • Fastest posting times to partner FFPs
All things considered, for those of us that still spend most of their time in short-haul Y with the occasional excursion into long-haul and/or premium cabins, it's hard to find a better-value legacy airline. Just my €0,02.
Now, if only one could select seats and request special meals online...
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 3:32 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by hugolover
I never thought I'd see the day! It's taken a long time but it's great to see LOT finally celebrate the LGBTQIA+ Community for Pride month. LOT, like most airlines, would be lost without their 🌈 colleagues.

https://twitter.com/staralliance/sta...237369856?s=20
LOL. That's not LO. That's Star Alliance, and I bet you they picked the carrier quite deliberately . I can also bet the political right-wing overlords at LO are hard at work trying to get *A to remove the post.
megaloman and bertles86 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
I remember that LO used to have different discounts and one for LGBT community good few years back. I wouldn’t even know about this campaign but friend of mine pointed it out in a quite immature way.
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt
I remember that LO used to have different discounts and one for LGBT community good few years back. I wouldn’t even know about this campaign but friend of mine pointed it out in a quite immature way.
I’m curious as to what sort of proof of eligibility they accepted for that particular discount.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 11:56 am

Talking

Originally Posted by BA850
I’m curious as to what sort of proof of eligibility they accepted for that particular discount.
We're talking about a Polish entity here, so whatever it was, it probably had to be notarized.
the810, bertles86 and BA850 like this.
Old Jun 17, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
Originally Posted by blue2002
We're talking about a Polish entity here, so whatever it was, it probably had to be notarized.
That is exactly the thing we argue about.
Is statement enough, or a hug or some more elaborate official notice.
the810 likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: HH diamond/LH Senator/Elite plus
1.LOT will launch WAW-TAS since 23.02.24 3 times a week by 737-max. I hope Almaty will be next.
2. Brand new glass made in Poland. article in polish brand new plates in premium class incoming soon also.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it was already Krosno?
Krosno isn't a premium brand, I never realised it was fancy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.