Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2023, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
OMG - the *whole wing* is covered in tape!!!
Old Feb 15, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Gamerska
Does anyone else remember when AA stripped the paint off their planes - declaring that it would save X million USD in fuel costs by reducing the drag? Perhaps this is the way LOT will reach its savings goal.
Speaking of AA, they had a series of similar small maintenance issues during Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which rather infamously culminated in the loose seats debacle of late 2012.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/id/49273626

They got their act together after that. Best if LOT were to start taking the small things seriously too.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 2:55 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm not sure why LOT bothers covering missing paint with tape... United doesn't care and flies planes with missing paint too.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Common issue on many B787:

https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...ng-2022-11-14/

Until now, Boeing's interim fix has involved repeated use of "speed tape" over affected areas. That led some passengers to post photos online of 787 wings with tape and raise concerns.
"Even though the use of speed tape has no effect on the safety of the airplane, the public could perceive an unsafe condition when seeing tape on the wing surfaces," Boeing told the FAA in a regulatory filing made public on Monday.
blue2002 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:19 am

Speedtape is the temporary solution proposed by Boeing. While United choses to not do it, possibly to avoid janky look which might get the pax to chose Delta/AA, LO has little to none competition on direct LH routes.

Also, I don’t suppose anyone at LOT/LOTAMS would opt for acting against Boeing guidelines.
megaloman likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia has done so well from their Boeing's. Great success!
Maybe it can be added to the lawsuits "lost revenue due to social media speed tape shaming".
TPJ, the810 and geomag42 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
Old Feb 20, 2023, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw unformed LOT crew in an outstation lounge recently (Capt and FO), duty C ticket. I've never seen it before in Europe, on any airline. I've especially never heard about it in WAW.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I occasionally see uniformed crew using a lounge at an outstation as a briefing/waiting room. Obviously that requires the lounge to be not busy.

Duty C ticket, well, I thought it would have gone by now, but LOT does live in the past in some regards.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Most if not all airlines transport their deadheading flight crew in business class. As such they can go into the lounge since they are normal business passengers. Nothing wrong with that?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I see deadheading flight crew in Y just as much as I see them in C across Europe.

Maybe the difference is whether they are on commute or deadheading within roster.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Maybe the difference is whether they are on commute or deadheading within roster.
Bingo! When they are flying home after work they usually sit in Y. Deadheading to another aiport to start duty there: business.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:20 pm

Most if not all airlines transport their deadheading flight crew in business class.
It is all stipulated in their collective labour agreements, which probably most frequently translates to business class for flight crew and economy for cabin crew when deadheading (not commuting!).

As such they can go into the lounge since they are normal business passengers. Nothing wrong with that?
If that were the case, airline lounges would be full of flight crews. But deadheading flight crews are NOT "normal business passengers". They are deadheading crew. No lounge access for them. In fact, many (or perhaps most?) airlines even forbid their flight crews from being "guested" into one of their lounges.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did they start to charge SEN/HON for Exit row? It shows as free, but it doesn't save...only the non-exit saves in the PNR.
Old Feb 21, 2023, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by blue2002
It is all stipulated in their collective labour agreements, which probably most frequently translates to business class for flight crew and economy for cabin crew when deadheading (not commuting!).

If that were the case, airline lounges would be full of flight crews. But deadheading flight crews are NOT "normal business passengers". They are deadheading crew. No lounge access for them. In fact, many (or perhaps most?) airlines even forbid their flight crews from being "guested" into one of their lounges.
Yes exactly, when was the last time you saw a uniformed Helga crew helping themselves to a coffee in a SEN lounge. It's very unusual. Contract lounges even more. They cost money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.