Wiki Posts
Search

The LOT Kafeteria 2018-23 (retired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
Basia has had a few boomerang flights of late. So many tech issues.

Of four E90/95 aircraft I flew on this past Tues and Wed three of them had stuff inop. Toilet lights not working, seats inop or recline broken.

Is this a new Polish law.?..way to undermine your own "sale" when you have to point out it was cheaper before LOL And the red is gone...
On my recent ORD-WAW flight 4 C-class seats were non-operational (had a red stickers attached - they look very premium). I am not sure about WAW-ORD as load was fairly light (11/24) so they might not be that visible. On the way back load was 17/24 or rather 17/20).

This is a new EU 'Omnibus' law. It is supposed to give you understanding if the deal is indeed a good deal. In this case - not so much...
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by TPJ
On my recent ORD-WAW flight 4 C-class seats were non-operational (had a red stickers attached - they look very premium). I am not sure about WAW-ORD as load was fairly light (11/24) so they might not be that visible. On the way back load was 17/24 or rather 17/20)
I fail to understand why they simply don't bother fixing them.

Even last year's WAW-DEL flight had *many* J seats not operational...

I guess they don't have enough aircraft to try to do this due to the downtime?
Old Feb 10, 2023, 3:41 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I fail to understand why they simply don't bother fixing them.

Even last year's WAW-DEL flight had *many* J seats not operational...

I guess they don't have enough aircraft to try to do this due to the downtime?
Supply chain issues. BA has a very similar problem with J/F seats at the moment.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 6:46 am

Programs: LH SEN *

While viewing my reservation in LOT app, I found out that passengers are offered a paid access to the "Business Lounge". Is it just me or this "lounge" looks kind of similar to LO long haul Premium Economy section. Anyone lured by this tempting photo might be disappointed with the actual lounge after they pay 210 PLN for it.
gojko88 and JD3313 like this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:17 am

Does anyone know when the LOT checkin opens at NRT for NRT-WAW?

Thanks!
Old Feb 11, 2023, 2:39 am

Duplicate deleted
Old Feb 11, 2023, 4:18 am

Programs: HHD
About two - three hours in advance. When we flew end December 2022 the airport was almost empty with all lounges and other facilities closed.
Priority checkin available, but all other priority lines closed because of the low number of passengers in the terminal. We were at the airport 90 minutes before the flight and had plenty of time to hang around.
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:17 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Stephan54
About two - three hours in advance. When we flew end December 2022 the airport was almost empty with all lounges and other facilities closed.
Priority checkin available, but all other priority lines closed because of the low number of passengers in the terminal. We were at the airport 90 minutes before the flight and had plenty of time to hang around.
I was at Narita a couple of weeks ago, albeit flying ZipAir. Almost everything is now open, priority security was available, which would've saved me 30 minutes if I could use it (no option to pay up). Visited Korean Air lounge (not worth the visit) and excellent ANA lounge, both available using Priority Pass.
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 8:35 am

Programs: HHD
Originally Posted by megaloman
I was at Narita a couple of weeks ago, albeit flying ZipAir. Almost everything is now open, priority security was available, which would've saved me 30 minutes if I could use it (no option to pay up). Visited Korean Air lounge (not worth the visit) and excellent ANA lounge, both available using Priority Pass.
It depends on the time of departure. Lot leaves around 22.30 and most lounges close after the last ANA flight. Checked recently and according to Narita website it is still early closing time. Hope it changes as we have a LOT flight in a couple of months.
megaloman likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IC stations are 3 hours.
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 2:23 pm

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by andywaw

While viewing my reservation in LOT app, I found out that passengers are offered a paid access to the "Business Lounge". Is it just me or this "lounge" looks kind of similar to LO long haul Premium Economy section. Anyone lured by this tempting photo might be disappointed with the actual lounge after they pay 210 PLN for it.
Absolutely the LO long haul PE section. That offer has been a hard sell everywhere - online, at the airport, M&M. Which is why the Polonez Lounge in WAW looks like a subway station at 06:25AM.
Old Feb 12, 2023, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gamerska
Absolutely the LO long haul PE section. That offer has been a hard sell everywhere - online, at the airport, M&M. Which is why the Polonez Lounge in WAW looks like a subway station at 06:25AM.
Do you know what the take-up is? It's nearly $50 for access. It won't have many buyers. For $65 you can upgrade to C on the shorter routes with Plusgrade and despite everyone getting gazillions of emails from Basia flogging it, I still fly on aircraft with 0 or 1/2 pax in C. Plus, LHG have similar offers with a higher buy rate.

WAW was always busy for the morning peak and the afternoon, especially on Mon, Thu, Fri. I think the generous promotions and extensions of status cards has made the lounge busier.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia's speedtape is peeling off. From the origin Tweet and time plus LRC on the stand behind, I'd say its LRG.

With all the issues reported just by me and others (inop seats, eqp for example) there is something going on...
the810 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 8:29 pm

Yikes. That's not a good look.
the810 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by blue2002
Yikes. That's not a good look.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Basia's speedtape is peeling off. From the origin Tweet and time plus LRC on the stand behind, I'd say its LRG.

With all the issues reported just by me and others (inop seats, eqp for example) there is something going on...
Does anyone else remember when AA stripped the paint off their planes - declaring that it would save X million USD in fuel costs by reducing the drag? Perhaps this is the way LOT will reach its savings goal.
the810 and geomag42 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.