Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will LOT airlines check me in for my AA connecting flight?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2018, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Will LOT airlines check me in for my AA connecting flight?

I just noticed that one of my trips next month has me leaving Katowice on LOT airlines to FRA for my American Airlines flight to the US. I know that when this happened to me in China China Eastern Airlines wouldn't but the Concur agent seemed to think LOT airlines will. If they don't is 1 hour 35 minutes enough to make the transfer? I have flown through FRA before so I know I need to get from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 which seems to take around 10-15 minutes but if I need to leave to check in and then get back through security I am not sure if that will work...
Old Apr 14, 2018, 4:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As this is more about LOT interlining with AA and checking you in etc. we’ve moved your query to the forum with people in the know about the policies of LOT Polish Airlines.

Also note, in this forum, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...on-thread.html.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOT don't fly from KTW-FRA. I imagine you are booked on the LO codeshare for the Lufthansa operated flight KTW-FRA. When you checkin in KTW you should be able to get the boarding pass for your for your American flight. You could also use your American record locator to do the online checkin for your American flight as a backup.

Is it all booked on one ticket?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

Ah yes you are correct it is operated by Lufthansa. On Concur it shows a different Confirmation number so it looks like it is a different ticket. I don't think American Airlines will let me check in online for an international flight at least I have not been able to in the past. Is it likely that Lufthansa in KTW would be able and willing to check me in for the flight there? I am guessing based on your comment that they should be able to?

Thank you!
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Different confirmation No's doesn't mean separate tickets. Often each carrier has its own internal booking code/reference despite all segments on 1 ticket/under 1 main PNR/confirm. No. Most likely your travel agent booked you on 1 ticket (to book 2 separate tickets in a situation like this would be insane/asking for problems). Most likely LH will be able to tag your bag all the way to the US; dont worry. I wouldn't try to check-in online with AA until after you have checked in with LH at KTW; it may ruin the possibility of LH to check you in all the way to final destination
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: AA,DL
Yes, they will . I was on Lot flight WAW-FRA and FRA-DFW and they check me to DFW in WAW.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by elpi
Yes, they will . I was on Lot flight WAW-FRA and FRA-DFW and they check me to DFW in WAW.
LO to AA ?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Different confirmation No's doesn't mean separate tickets. Often each carrier has its own internal booking code/reference despite all segments on 1 ticket/under 1 main PNR/confirm. No. Most likely your travel agent booked you on 1 ticket (to book 2 separate tickets in a situation like this would be insane/asking for problems). Most likely LH will be able to tag your bag all the way to the US; dont worry. I wouldn't try to check-in online with AA until after you have checked in with LH at KTW; it may ruin the possibility of LH to check you in all the way to final destination
Yes, so first thing OP needs to do is make sure its only 1 ticket & secondly that they will for sure check his bags through, his TA needs to provide full information, otherwise asking for trouble with a T1 to T2 connection with a mere 1.5 hr connection at FRA, *A to OW...
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for the feedback, I will call Concur tomorrow and confirm it is one ticket.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:15 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
Originally Posted by Da67
Thank you all for the feedback, I will call Concur tomorrow and confirm it is one ticket.
better to confirm if it is one reservation, each airline issue its own etix, but you can have 1 PNR for more etix (for different airlines). if you have 1 PNR which include LH + AA flights, then you will be checked to the final destination, you luggage as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.