Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick way to earn xxx miles to redeem an award?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Status miles or award miles?
Where are you based?
Award. Short for redemption.
Singapore.

I have checked some hotels on MM portal, EUR 80 for 2000 miles, quite cheap but won't be needing the hotel stay.
And Wondering if there is cheaper deal
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The obvious ways would be either to purchase the miles from LH if permitted (for more than they're worth, but generally not a bad deal to secure an available award ticket that you want) or transfer them from another person (usually subject to very high fees, so that purchase can make more sense), a credit card program, or a hotel program. Sometimes another option is to book the award ticket through some partner FF program and transfer credit card or hotel points into that program, which of course would leave you with the miles in your LH FF account.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:10 am

Programs: MilesMore
missing 2000 miles!

Hello everyone

I need a meagre 2000 miles to get the 195 000 miles required for my flight award.

I called LH and they told me I cannot buy miles anymore but I could pool and ask someone to transfer me some miles.

Assumming I have no friends or contacts I could ask for their miles, how could I get someone to pool me those 2000 miles?

Thanks
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Unfortunately with the recent devaluation, short 500 miles for a 56k award. Thoughts on how to pick up the last 500 miles? (already the d/led the new app for the 500 login bonus). A good chuck of miles are expiring 9/30 and can't get the credit card.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
They just started a new carbon offset partnership. Apparently you'll get 500 miles for your first donation.
https://compensaid.de/ not sure how it works or how fast miles will post tho.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by frudd38
Unfortunately with the recent devaluation, short 500 miles for a 56k award. Thoughts on how to pick up the last 500 miles? (already the d/led the new app for the 500 login bonus). A good chuck of miles are expiring 9/30 and can't get the credit card.
Have you signed up for the newsletter? That's 500 miles.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by br0snic
They just started a new carbon offset partnership. Apparently you'll get 500 miles for your first donation.
https://compensaid.de/ not sure how it works or how fast miles will post tho.
Fantastic, will give this a shot (was about to sign up for the 2k wine offer, but imagining a pain to cancel).

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Have you signed up for the newsletter? That's 500 miles.
I have awhile back unfortunately.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:25 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you know someone with 1000 miles to spare you can try Loylogic and pay 10 Eur to transfer 1000 miles (minimum transfer allowed) to your account - if the function actually works!

Loylogic and M&M start transfer programme at 100M/€
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:47 am

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ublemiles.html

Posting instantly!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
If you know someone with 1000 miles to spare you can try Loylogic and pay 10 Eur to transfer 1000 miles (minimum transfer allowed) to your account - if the function actually works!

Loylogic and M&M start transfer programme at 100M/€
Awesome thanks, will take a look!

Originally Posted by travelalot2
Wondering if this requires an EU address.. thanks!

Update: Confirmed instant! Thanks again, didn't even think to look at these German site offers.

Last edited by frudd38; Sep 2, 2019 at 11:42 am
Old Nov 12, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AA, KLM, United, Amex, Chase, Hilton
Transfers to Lufthansa still possible? 280 miles short of award

Does anyone know if it’s still possible to transfer miles to Lufthansa? I’m 280 miles short of a 56,000 biz class award from Dubai to Bangkok. I was thinking of doing a car rental through miles and more but I don’t drive manual and prices for an automatic car (if available in Amsterdam where I currently live) are super high. My miles expire on 12/31 so I’m trying to use them for an award on a biz class award on 12/17 or 12/18.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MissMiles
Does anyone know if it’s still possible to transfer miles to Lufthansa? I’m 280 miles short of a 56,000 biz class award from Dubai to Bangkok. I was thinking of doing a car rental through miles and more but I don’t drive manual and prices for an automatic car (if available in Amsterdam where I currently live) are super high. My miles expire on 12/31 so I’m trying to use them for an award on a biz class award on 12/17 or 12/18.
Not at this time, it seems. If you don't mind spending for the rental, who says you actually have to drive the car?

Also, did you already get the 500 miles from app and newsletter?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Not at this time, it seems. If you don't mind spending for the rental, who says you actually have to drive the car?

Also, did you already get the 500 miles from app and newsletter?
ahh amazing! I thought I got the miles for the app/newsletter but it was only for the newsletter. I just called and apparently I never got the 500 miles for the app so now I got the credit! woohoo!
malmostoso and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by MissMiles
ahh amazing! I thought I got the miles for the app/newsletter but it was only for the newsletter. I just called and apparently I never got the 500 miles for the app so now I got the credit! woohoo!
Nice to hear.

Enjoy Bangkok

Oh and by the way: You know you can use the miles also to buy an award flown after they expire, right?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Nice to hear.

Enjoy Bangkok

Oh and by the way: You know you can use the miles also to buy an award flown after they expire, right?
Thank you Yes, I knew but it just so happens that the flight I need to take is before the end of the year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.