Quick way to earn xxx miles to redeem an award?

Old Dec 6, 2010, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
6k miles short of my dream reward - please help

Hello,

I am facing the following challenge. I want to take my parents for a trip to India, we want to fly in C and preferably book before the new chart kicks in. We have enough miles for 2 C tickets, but there's my father who's short of 20500 miles. I was thinking of purchasing miles on the M&M website (that would make him short of 6k miles), and then setting up an SPG account for my father to purchase more points, and transfer them to his M&M account. Unfortunately you cannot purchase points unless your account is active for 30 days. What do you suggest I do? What is the fastest way of getting the missing 6k miles? getAbstract subscription? (how long does it take for the miles to post anyway - any experience?) Please bear in mind we are residents of Poland, my father is a Frequent Traveller. Any ideas welcome.

Best Regards,

Bartek

Last edited by bbbflight; Dec 6, 2010 at 1:57 pm
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:56 pm

Programs: Miles and More
I would advise to buy miles for BMI Diamond Club - they have 50% bonus offer this week. Buying enough miles for two one-ways and using cash+miles would cost you around 575GBP+taxes (same as on M&M). Or you can book one-way with BMI miles and wait for new rules on 50% on one way award on MM and use the rest of your MM miles for the return trip (so you will be partially affected by the increase)
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold
Thanks for your input alexanderrr. In the end I decided to stick with M&M and try my luck, by buying miles 20k miles from two other accounts. I have the following question now:

I bought 14400 miles for my father in my first attempt (miles posted, credit card charged).

From my mother's account I've bought another 6000 miles for my father (credit card charged, miles didn't post).

The remaining 6000 miles didn't post as you are not entitled to receive more than 12000 miles (exclusive of any bonus) within a given calendar year. Am I to assume that the remaining 6000 miles will post on 00:00 on the 1st of January? I really want to make it before the tables change on the 3rd of January. Has anyone experienced a similar situation and would be so kind to provide any info? I would be really grateful.

Best Regards,

Bartek
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:03 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Quick way to earn xxx miles to redeem an award?

I have miles which are expiring in 40 days from now. I am also short 1,300 miles for a redemption I would like to make use off before the miles expire.

Any suggestions on how best to gain a quick 1,300 miles before the 40 day period is up?
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:14 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Maybe you can find someone with a payback(.de) account who could transfer miles to your account.

HTB.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Silver, Qatar Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, SPG, Hilton
Hmmm, thats one idea. was thinking of renting a Hertz car for a day since they are running a promo for 1,000 miles, but Im not sure how long that would take to post.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:25 pm

You could buy 2000 miles from Coop in Switzerland.. (arround 36 chf max incl the coupon)

https://www.coop.ch/pb/site/common2/...ml?secure=true

Or have someone do it for you !

But you would have to have your address either in Switzerland or France, Italy, Austria or Germany for the transfert to happen (easy to change ;-) )

k
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I wouldn't count on Hertz, those promotions regularly don't turn up. Can you transfer Payback points to a third party? COOP Trophy miles are the best bet, I think, or a round trip with SWISS on one of their European Business specials.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 11:13 am

Earning 2.5k Miles Quickly

Hi,

Does anyone know how I could earn 2.5k award miles in the next couple of days to upgrade a flight? I am waiting for some miles to be added to my account but I am doubtful it will happen in the next 5 days before my flight.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:50 pm

I am in exactly the same situation - I am looking for just 250 M&M miles, or else 12k will be void by the end of the month. Would be happy about any ideas.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Here's a way for 10K miles

I just did this and got 10k miles (cost me 155 pounds for a subscription to the economist). Not a bad deal and gets you more than the 2500 miles you need:

Print + Digital subscription
£3.04 per week
Earn 10,000 award miles
Weekly delivery of The Economist in print
Full access to Economist.com and The Economist in audio
Full access to each week’s issue via The Economist apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows 8, Chrome, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire
NEW The Economist Espresso, our new morning briefing direct to your smartphone or inbox
Offer available until July 31st 2015 for new subscribers only

https://subscriptions.economist.com/...and-More/trpl/
Old Jun 16, 2015, 3:24 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
If you haven't done so already subscribe to the M&M newsletter which should give you 500 miles.

Also do a search for Airail in this forum.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by jhjunc
I just did this and got 10k miles (cost me 155 pounds for a subscription to the economist). Not a bad deal and gets you more than the 2500 miles you need:

Print + Digital subscription
£3.04 per week
Earn 10,000 award miles
Weekly delivery of The Economist in print
Full access to Economist.com and The Economist in audio
Full access to each week’s issue via The Economist apps for iPad, iPhone, Android, Windows 8, Chrome, BlackBerry and Kindle Fire
NEW The Economist Espresso, our new morning briefing direct to your smartphone or inbox
Offer available until July 31st 2015 for new subscribers only

https://subscriptions.economist.com/...and-More/trpl/
How quickly do you get the miles after you sign up? I am currently waiting for 7k miles that have been transfered from my Marriott rewards but apparently it can take 6 weeks.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:43 am

Signed up a week ago and haven't yet received the miles. If you need something really quick, perhaps this isn't best.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by bersbers
I am in exactly the same situation - I am looking for just 250 M&M miles, or else 12k will be void by the end of the month. Would be happy about any ideas.
Holidaycheck gives 100 M&M miles per review. http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...124916398&l=en

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.