Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

How to purchase LH lounge access in MUC, and which lounge should we go to?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to purchase LH lounge access in MUC, and which lounge should we go to?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
I would also skip the lounge. But, just for info:

https://www.loungebuddy.com/MUC?filter_access=select

I can't speak for Munich, but I do know at Stuttgart you can buy a lounge voucher outside security at the Lufthansa Ticket Desk without having M&M status or premium ticket. It's important to know that Stuttgart won't always let you in--they sell access only for a limited time window, at times with the least LH-organic visitor traffic. I don't know for sure, but I can imagine MUC is the same.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A big difference is that the STR lounge (in fact all lounges at that airport) is a dump. MUC has much nicer lounges. I'm pretty certain that only M&M status pax can purchase access.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:00 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grog
I would also skip the lounge. But, just for info:

https://www.loungebuddy.com/MUC?filter_access=select
I don't understand why this website gives you an option to purchase access to some Lufthansa lounges in MUC because as far as I know only HON/SEN/FTL can purchase access for their guests in LH lounges. On the other hand they started selling access to SEN lounges to FTLs, so it's no surprise if they started selling access to BIZ lounges through the backdoor.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I don't understand why this website gives you an option to purchase access to some Lufthansa lounges in MUC because as far as I know only HON/SEN/FTL can purchase access for their guests in LH lounges. On the other hand they started selling access to SEN lounges to FTLs, so it's no surprise if they started selling access to BIZ lounges through the backdoor.
I don't understand it either, but I witnessed it with my own eyes when I last entered the lounge in Stuttgart. The LH lounge attendant was showing a non-status flyer an advertisement by Lounge Buddy and explaining the process in long detail. And explaining the non-standard hours of access. Of course, the non-frequent flyer didn't understand so it was explained two or three times.

So, not only are LH selling access to non-status holders, they also making card-holding flyers wait while they advertise to non-status holders who show up at the door wanting in.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cafe concept?

Can someone explain the 'Senator Cafe'? Is it a lounge? Is it better than a lounge? Or better to go to a normal lounge?

(If in a mood to advise, I am flying early morning [Euro] Business with *G status.)
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:26 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by fumje
Can someone explain the 'Senator Cafe'? Is it a lounge? Is it better than a lounge? Or better to go to a normal lounge?

(If in a mood to advise, I am flying early morning [Euro] Business with *G status.)
It is neither better nor worse, just different.

There is less in terms of "real" food but barista-service with very good coffee and cafe-style snack items. It lacks an apron view, which is why it is not my preferred lounge, but other than that it is a fairly relaxing place in a convenient location. Enjoy!

I prefer the SEN lounge in the satellite terminal, which has fairly good view.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
It is neither better nor worse, just different.

There is less in terms of "real" food but barista-service with very good coffee and cafe-style snack items. It lacks an apron view, which is why it is not my preferred lounge, but other than that it is a fairly relaxing place in a convenient location. Enjoy!

I prefer the SEN lounge in the satellite terminal, which has fairly good view.
Thanks. I expect to be in the mood for an espresso (or multiple), so perhaps I will check it out, then. Seems like an interesting idea, just having trouble figuring out how to put it in reference.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
Thanks. I expect to be in the mood for an espresso (or multiple), so perhaps I will check it out, then. Seems like an interesting idea, just having trouble figuring out how to put it in reference.
Enjoy the coffee!

Just note that the SEN cafe is only open on weekdays and closed Saturday and Sunday.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The regular SEN lounges in MUC (except maybe the one opposite G24) have a barista too.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 2:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The regular SEN lounges in MUC (except maybe the one opposite G24) have a barista too.
Yes, IIRC there is at least one without barista-service and the new Schengen SEN lounge in the satellite does not have the "Skybar"; can't remember if there is barista service somewhere else in the lounge, though.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Enjoy the coffee!

Just note that the SEN cafe is only open on weekdays and closed Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks, I did. ^

I also poked my head into a regular lounge for a look quickly. They appeared to have capacity for barista service, but it was not staffed (probably most default to the coffee automata). They did not have the smoothies/panini the cafe did, and the croissants looked less delicious, but they did have appealing pretzels.

I agree, not necessarily better/worse, just different.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Is it straightforward to access the SEN lounge in the Satellite terminal? I have ~2 hours between an inbound Schengen LH flight and a UA departure to the USA.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by 764toHI
Is it straightforward to access the SEN lounge in the Satellite terminal? I have ~2 hours between an inbound Schengen LH flight and a UA departure to the USA.
What do you mean by straightforward?

There are signs that will lead you to the LH lounges at MUC and there will always be a SEN lounge close to your departure gate. If your flight leaves from the satellite, the (non-Schengen) SEN lounge in L is best.
764toHI likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 3:24 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 764toHI
Whether you arrive at a G or K gate from Schengen you will have to go through passport control (but no security) for your flight to the US which will leave from an H or L gate. You can use passport control either in T2 (G > H) or T2 Satellite (K > L). T2 and T2S are connected by an underground people mover which takes less than a minute and runs every few minutes. I suggest you go to the non-Schengen SEN lounge in the satellite which is opposite gate L11. The people mover has separate sections for Schengen and non-Schengen passengers, so you can go through passport control either in T2 or T2S before visiting the lounge.
764toHI likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Thank you both for the advice - I ended up arriving to a K gate and used both the SEN lounges in both K and L as my USA-bound flight was delayed 2hrs. I did not realize the train had both Schengen and Non-Schengen car so the transfer between L and H was straightforward.

There are signs that will lead you to the LH lounges at MUC and there will always be a SEN lounge close to your departure gate. If your flight leaves from the satellite, the (non-Schengen) SEN lounge in L is best.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I suggest you go to the non-Schengen SEN lounge in the satellite which is opposite gate L11.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.