Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nicholas Feuillatte. Good Lord. No expense spent.
chris63, Yahtzee and worldclubber like this.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 6:11 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by hugolover
At least they have some champagne now. Last time I was there they were “waiting for a shipment of FCL wines” and served J lounge wines.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I see this one on Loungebuddy for $49 - assuming purchasing through that channel negates the need to be flying on LH metal as you need to for Amex Platinum access?
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hugolover
Originally Posted by worldclubber
At least they have some champagne now. Last time I was there they were “waiting for a shipment of FCL wines” and served J lounge wines.
Agreed with both statement. Although with the junk they currently serve in F ... it's a wash
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New menu today

Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I like the old one better but I guess it’s a good idea to change it up every once in a while… Big downgrade from Moet Brut (4.2 rating / $50) to Nicolas Feuillatte Brut (3.8 rating / $30).
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
New menu today
Looks pretty good! Any chance you took photos of the salmon and dessert?
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by iluvdoco;[url=tel:35351858
35351858[/url]]Looks pretty good! Any chance you took photos of the salmon and dessert?
Buehler Cabernet is a reasonable option (4.0 / $30). The Chablis is a very well-known wine, but I found it lacking substance (I think it’s the same).

at least they have a full menu presentation, which includes premium wines to the business class lounge.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Looks pretty good! Any chance you took photos of the salmon and dessert?
worldclubber and iluvdoco like this.
Old Jun 24, 2023, 4:01 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by nologic
Big downgrade from Moet Brut (4.2 rating / $50) to Nicolas Feuillatte Brut (3.8 rating / $30).
But upgrade from what they served before: Roederer Brut Anderson Valley (which is not exactly great, whatever rating it may get on whatever website).
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Had strange experience trying to enter lounge as UA *G traveling on UA domestic flight in F. The attendants both told me I cannot enter as the lounge is getting busy and they don't have room for us. I explained that I was United Star Gold and according to the rules should have entry. Then they told me to scan a QR code and pay the $49 entry fee if I wish to enter. Then I explained that I have 1K status with United, which is equivalent to LH Senator status for the purpose of lounge entry. That also didn't work, so then I told them I was at the LH lounge at IAD that morning (a white lie as it doesn't open until noon), which seemed to do the trick. They took my information manually as their scanner seemed broken, oddly focusing on boarding sequence number rather than UA flight number, and let me in. It was all quite bizarre and both lounge attendants didn't seem to know the basics of what *G means for lounge access. Maybe the broken scanner was a factor. Very different from my visits to LH lounges in Europe and also IAD, where the agents are professional and knowledgeable.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lotemblizej
Had strange experience trying to enter lounge as UA *G traveling on UA domestic flight in F. The attendants both told me I cannot enter as the lounge is getting busy and they don't have room for us. I explained that I was United Star Gold and according to the rules should have entry. Then they told me to scan a QR code and pay the $49 entry fee if I wish to enter. Then I explained that I have 1K status with United, which is equivalent to LH Senator status for the purpose of lounge entry. That also didn't work, so then I told them I was at the LH lounge at IAD that morning (a white lie as it doesn't open until noon), which seemed to do the trick. They took my information manually as their scanner seemed broken, oddly focusing on boarding sequence number rather than UA flight number, and let me in. It was all quite bizarre and both lounge attendants didn't seem to know the basics of what *G means for lounge access. Maybe the broken scanner was a factor. Very different from my visits to LH lounges in Europe and also IAD, where the agents are professional and knowledgeable.
Yeah, must be the broken scanner. I have not had issues just scanning my UA BP at the lounge, even when it was somewhat crowded. They should have definitely not offered paid access when denying *G access
Old Sep 16, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by cfischer
Yeah, must be the broken scanner. I have not had issues just scanning my UA BP at the lounge, even when it was somewhat crowded. They should have definitely not offered paid access when denying *G access
Thanks for affirming what I suspected. Hope the scanner is fixed before my next trip to Boston.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Updated menu

oliver2002 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Updated menu. Updated champagne

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.