Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If you enjoy a good meal, make sure you have one in the FCL at FRA on arrival. FCL, not FCT, use is an F-benefit and well worth it.

Please do report about the experience at the BOS lounge.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Originally Posted by worldclubber
If you enjoy a good meal, make sure you have one in the FCL at FRA on arrival. FCL, not FCT, use is an F-benefit and well worth it.

Please do report about the experience at the BOS lounge.
You are making a distinction between the FCL and the FCT, I *think*, that we haven't noticed before. The FCL is "better than" the FCT?

We'll report back about the "FCL"-thing in Boston.
The reports here are disappointing.
We were originally flying BA both directions, but we were delighted to get those F seats on LH.
However, the reports about dining at the BA F lounge sounded far better, but we haven't experienced it first hand.

We'll need to keep our return on BA, unless we want to spend an extra night en route home on LH. The connections don't work time-wise to get home on LH straight through on one day, unless we change the routing by staying somewhere else for a while on the way home, and we are still debating this.
So we'll get to experience BA's CCR on the way back. But we won't get to see/try the BA lounge at BOS.

Thanks.

GC
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, AMEX Plat (Marriott Gold), AMEX Hilton Aspire (Hilton Diamond)
LH's BOS lounge in general is awesome. the general catering when i was there last july had stuffed shell and grilled salmon which was one of the best cooked salmons i've ever had. the bar was good too. It's surprising since generally LH's catering is not as good as airlines like AF.

Also in most cases you get to board from the lounge
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by dpy940307
LH's BOS lounge in general is awesome. the general catering when i was there last july had stuffed shell and grilled salmon which was one of the best cooked salmons i've ever had. the bar was good too. It's surprising since generally LH's catering is not as good as airlines like AF.

Also in most cases you get to board from the lounge
agreed, haven’t been in BOS for some time. The new lounge is very nice and a huge step up. As reported before no pre-flight dinner for F pax, but with the 5pm departure I preferred a lunch in a nice downtown restaurant anyway.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Any recent updates for the F section? I will fly BOS-MUC on Monday and was wondering if it was worth a preflight dining stop. Also, what Champagne does the F section have?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
Any recent updates for the F section? I will fly BOS-MUC on Monday and was wondering if it was worth a preflight dining stop. Also, what Champagne does the F section have?
The BOS F-lounge is just a cordoned off section of the SEN-lounge. No difference in food (buffet) vs SEN as far as I recall. I am not a fan of bubblies, cannot comment on champagne brands.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by sw1x
The BOS F-lounge is just a cordoned off section of the SEN-lounge. No difference in food (buffet) vs SEN as far as I recall. I am not a fan of bubblies, cannot comment on champagne brands.
That doesn't sound promising. Do they have better booze? The business section is kind of 'not so great' in terms of quality. There is no SEN section anyway in Boston.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
That doesn't sound promising. Do they have better booze? The business section is kind of 'not so great' in terms of quality. There is no SEN section anyway in Boston.
We were there in March, 2018, and again last month (June, 2019), and didn't notice any obvious change.

The F section is indeed a rather small area sectioned off from the Business lounge, which is quite large.
Both areas tend to fill up just before the flight time.

The small F area has solid walls along most of the width, with an open area for access. That same width is overlooking the "other side" of the other airline gates. (The LH aircraft are visible from the wider windows facing the opposite direction in the Business lounge.)

The were indeed frequent staff offers to get "something else to drink", etc. No one "offered" to get us food, but similarly, we didn't ask.
DH ventured out a bit for some snacks, but we didn't feel there was "real food for dinner", etc.
We must have missed the salmon or similar (?).
The "easy chairs" (with ottomans" were comfortable, but it wasn't anything really special. OTOH, we definitely prefer it to some ordinary airport sitting area! The seating pretty much filled up, obviously not just with the FH F, because that would only need 8 seats max. I'm not sure what other flights were leaving from there.

A "real meal" would definitely be nice for F passengers, but I suppose unlikely, given the shared buffet with the larger Business class lounge.

We were boarded directly from the lounge, but had to walk through the last part of the Business lounge area, where the J passengers had started to congregate when they saw "action" at that door.

We didn't check the champagne label(s). We should start doing that!

GC
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:03 am

Had GTs and and some of the interesting beers, didn’t try the bubbly. There is no “French champagne” on the menu in the main section (doesn’t mean the bubbly they offer has to be bad) and I don’t know if they serve something better in the F section.

The F section has comfy chairs and a view, it is semi-separated from the J part and the buffet/bar:

Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
DH ventured out a bit for some snacks, but we didn't feel there was "real food for dinner", etc.
We must have missed the salmon or similar ...
Depends on what you consider “real food”.

They usually have one fish (here cod) and at least one meat (here pork roast):

A number of sides:

And a salad bar:

One could probably make a meal there.

speed.skater likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber

Depends on what you consider “real food”.

They usually have one fish (here cod) and at least one meat (here pork roast):

A number of sides:

And a salad bar:

One could probably make a meal there.

Thanks!

I definitely need to have a word with DH about this!

I have a bit of a mobility problem, so DH is the one who usually "gets food". However, last year, I did take a quick look around, because one does pass by that buffet en route to the F lounge area, and I was in slightly better shape than is usually the case that time.
But I guess I should have looked more carefully.

That roast pork would have made a wonderful meal, if it was as tasty as it looks!
OTOH, perhaps when we/I looked, there wasn't anything as appealing?
The "sides" alone wouldn't do it. Perhaps they were refilling the protein dish(es) when I had looked?

Thanks very much, truly. This is a flight we expect to take again (and perhaps yet again! ), so it's good to know we/he should check more carefully. We relied too much on that first experience, quite obviously.

GC
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:08 am

Thanks!

I definitely need to have a word with DH about this!
Don’t be to harsh on DH.

Maybe it wasn‘t there when you checked. Last time I got to the lounge a bit early and had to have 2-3 beers before the real dinner food came out.

When they switched from the more basic lunch to the more substantial dinner, however, there was still lots of time for a meal before the evening departures.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I mean having the same food options as the business lounge is not great, but not having better drink options? Well, I guess I will see it tomorrow.

If Lufthansa lists this as a First lounge (see screenshot below) I would think they ought to offer something better than business lounge stuff.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:45 pm

I mean having the same food options as the business lounge is not great, but not having better drink options? Well, I guess I will see it tomorrow.

If Lufthansa lists this as a First lounge (see screenshot below) I would think they ought to offer something better than business lounge stuff.

You get the privilege of sitting beyond the door labeled "First Class".
What more could one desire, eh?

GC
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You get the privilege of sitting beyond the door labeled "First Class".
What more could one desire, eh?

GC
as long as they have the

2004 Grande Cuvée Rosé Alexandra, Champagne Laurent-Perrier

on board ... I will forgive them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.