Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Dselvan
I am trialling Gin to assess its effectiveness against all know ailments
Let me know how your trial with Scotch does
I wonder if we can get a medical grant for a FT trial to assess effectiveness of alcohol. Will get a pretty good sample size very quickly
Excellent, the more research the better

It’s a very arduous trial but I’m persevering....... credit to Lufthansa, who are part funding my trial at the FCT Whiskey Bar 🥃.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:26 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Covid is a very lame excuse for eliminating booze from the lounges.
I think it is due to Covid in so much as they let their license lapse at the end of 2020 and never renewed for 2021. The staff said it was a license issue as opposed to Covid protocols. In MA, all on-premise and off-premise (and indeed all wholesale/import) licenses run on a calendar year basis. There is no pro-rating of the license if you apply in October; you pay the full year regardless. They're probably being cheap and don't want to pay full cost for 2-3 months. I bet we see alcohol back at the first of the year. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.
BTW: We did go down to the Air France lounge as well, but it was much more crowded and that lounge is just a little depressing. Lufthansa space is so much better.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by flyaxa
I think it is due to Covid in so much as they let their license lapse at the end of 2020 and never renewed for 2021. The staff said it was a license issue as opposed to Covid protocols. In MA, all on-premise and off-premise (and indeed all wholesale/import) licenses run on a calendar year basis. There is no pro-rating of the license if you apply in October; you pay the full year regardless. They're probably being cheap and don't want to pay full cost for 2-3 months. I bet we see alcohol back at the first of the year. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.
BTW: We did go down to the Air France lounge as well, but it was much more crowded and that lounge is just a little depressing. Lufthansa space is so much better.
That makes sense, it’s Lufthansa group being cheap again

Doesn’t it dawn on the intern that’s in charge of lounge provision that LH competes with AF & here is a glaring comparison, one airline cares about their premium pax & FF & the other doesn’t.....
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:51 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Yes, the LH lounge is so much better since they moved from the windowless basement to the spot where the lounge is now.

Let's hope full service returns at the latest with the new calendar year.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
BOS: LH lounge

Is LH lounge currently open in Logan?
current amenities, please.

Thanks
Old Dec 8, 2021, 2:36 pm

Lounge is open, however, no booze, as of a month or so ago. Might have changed since then.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 6:01 am

Programs: LX
As of yesterday, still no booze in BOS LH Lounge, cf to comments on license issue....
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:17 am

Yeah, if they don't have their license by now we definitely won't see it until the beginning of the year.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fotti
As of yesterday, still no booze in BOS LH Lounge, cf to comments on license issue....
I am going to use the AF/Priority Pass lounge instead, but I wonder if it's self-serve wine there or bartender service (I have to remember to bring cash if so)?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 12:46 pm

As of a few weeks ago the Air France lounge had a bartender/attendant, however, the bartender/attendant wasn't always present so people were also serving themselves.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Any update on drinks in the lounge now that we are in 2022?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Anyone been through recently? Wondering if the First Class section is open and if it's worth getting to the airport early for it. Do they still let you board from the lounge?

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2022, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by joachimm
Anyone been through recently? Wondering if the First Class section is open and if it's worth getting to the airport early for it. Do they still let you board from the lounge?

Thanks
Still no alcohol, but the First Class Closet is open and we were supposed to board from the lounge but it’s 25 minutes before takeoff and everyone’s been queued up for 10 minutes but no movement.
Old Mar 30, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Absurd that there is no alcohol. Thanks for the update.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by joachimm
Still no alcohol, but the First Class Closet is open and we were supposed to board from the lounge but it’s 25 minutes before takeoff and everyone’s been queued up for 10 minutes but no movement.
Terrible. With F back on the MUC route I sure hope they make it a priority. I am flying BOS-MUC in 10 days and while I will mostly wait till the much better booze on the plane ... would be nice to have a glass of champagne with a meal.

Can't believe LH still hasn't addressed this. Could just go to the AF lounge I guess.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.