Lufthansa lounge in Boston [BOS]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by cfischer
as long as they have the

2004 Grande Cuvée Rosé Alexandra, Champagne Laurent-Perrier

on board ... I will forgive them
And no matter what bubbly they would serve at the lounge, you wouldn’t want to waste precious stomach space before the flight.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
and to close the loop, they have a separate dining menu and enhance booze including champagne. Anything else would have been surprising!

worldclubber likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
and to close the loop, they have a separate dining menu and enhance booze including champagne. Anything else would have been surprising!

THIS is available in the BOS LH F lounge?
That little area with the partition with the open door on the opposite side from where the LH plane is (at least has been when we've been there)?

If so...
Does one just keep a plate or tray on one's lap or balance it on one's knee?
Or cut something like rack of lamb - yum! - on a low side table?

and, more importantly,
Where do they HIDE these menus?

We've never seen anything like this. And nothing has been offered but drinks, with the servers pointing out that there is a nice buffet "out there"/"in the main lounge"/etc.

I just asked DH whether he remembers a faux leather type of folding menu that might have had something like rack of lamb or other "real entree"?
He furrowed his brow, blurted out loudly, "IN BOSTON!?", and laughed. Then he said, "Oh, it must have been only for Business Class"

GC
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:23 am

Is the menu new? The food is definitely a nice addition to the buffet. The drink menu looks like the one in the main section of the lounge plus the Moët.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Is the menu new? The food is definitely a nice addition to the buffet. The drink menu looks like the one in the main section of the lounge plus the Moët.
I am not sure. BOS-MUC hasn't had F for a long time, so I flew out of JFK mostly.

Originally Posted by GeezerCouple
THIS is available in the BOS LH F lounge?
That little area with the partition with the open door on the opposite side from where the LH plane is (at least has been when we've been there)?

If so...
Does one just keep a plate or tray on one's lap or balance it on one's knee?
Or cut something like rack of lamb - yum! - on a low side table?

and, more importantly,
Where do they HIDE these menus?

We've never seen anything like this. And nothing has been offered but drinks, with the servers pointing out that there is a nice buffet "out there"/"in the main lounge"/etc.

I just asked DH whether he remembers a faux leather type of folding menu that might have had something like rack of lamb or other "real entree"?
He furrowed his brow, blurted out loudly, "IN BOSTON!?", and laughed. Then he said, "Oh, it must have been only for Business Class"

GC
They had the menus at every table in the F lounge section. There are dining tables set up as well. Good service.

chris63, worldclubber and sw1x like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:37 pm

Hi, in case anyone is wondering, here’s how the F section operates. You do get a waiter who came by immediately offering drinks. He was friendly. They do a preflight table dining service starting from 6 pm. We are on the early flight to Frankfurt so we are going out to the buffet. The first class section is nice and quiet.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Same experience for me earlier in the month. I was on the earlier flight and really didn’t need dinner at 4pm..!

Impressive F/HON services for an outstation, fwiw.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
In looking at LH's website, it describes access to their lounges:

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/lounge-types-and-access

It says F passengers departing/arriving can use a LH lounge. If arriving on LH F at BOS and connecting to a non-*A flight (on a separate PNR), will one get access to this lounge?

I have read that BOS Terminals C and E are connected airside, is that correct? So if your connecting domestic flight departs from Terminal C and you have a layover, can you go through security at C and walk over to use the LH lounge at Terminal E and walk back to C later to board your domestic flight? This would be for a LH F passenger arriving in BOS.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 8:43 pm

Was in BOS LH lounge today. I was on the late LX flight (22.45) and the lounge stays open for that flight now. No alcohol when we were there. Left after a few minutes and went to Air France PP lounge which had booze
Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mabramovich
Was in BOS LH lounge today. I was on the late LX flight (22.45) and the lounge stays open for that flight now. No alcohol when we were there. Left after a few minutes and went to Air France PP lounge which had booze
No Booze 🥃 that’s a disgrace & you did the right thing 👍
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by mabramovich
Covid is a very lame excuse for eliminating booze from the lounges.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Covid is a very lame excuse for eliminating booze from the lounges.
No excuse at all, from what I’m reading, Alcohol destroys Virus 🦠 particles
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
No excuse at all, from what I’m reading, Alcohol destroys Virus 🦠 particles
Excellent deduction chris63, although handwash alcohol doesn't just kill viruses, it kills you too
Agree that not serving alcohol or proper food in certain lounges is pretty poor.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dselvan
Excellent deduction chris63, although handwash alcohol doesn't just kill viruses, it kills you too
Agree that not serving alcohol or proper food in certain lounges is pretty poor.
Dental Mouthwash, containing alcohol apparently does

I’m in a trial to prove Scotch Whiskey 🥃 is even more effective
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chris63
Dental Mouthwash, containing alcohol apparently does

I’m in a trial to prove Scotch Whiskey 🥃 is even more effective
I am trialling Gin to assess its effectiveness against all know ailments
Let me know how your trial with Scotch does
I wonder if we can get a medical grant for a FT trial to assess effectiveness of alcohol. Will get a pretty good sample size very quickly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.