Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Quick question - if I am booking TLS-FRA-DUB and upgrade the FRA-DUB to Business Class, will I also be able to get lounge access in TLS as well as I'm connecting to a J ticket?
Besides a J ticket or a *G, there are other ways to get access. For instance, you can get in via PP or by paying 25€ at the door. Perhaps other membership programs like DragonPass work, too--I'm not sure.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sadly in TLS you are coralled into the departure area for the UK (area D, gates 50-55) when flying Lufthansa. So no (contract) lounge access at all if you are not careful to turn left after security checks.

The contract lounge entrance is opposite gates 33-34 in the area C:
LA CROIX DU SUD LOUNGE - Lounge | Toulouse-Blagnac Airport

Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Advantage EXP /DL Skymiles/UA Mileage Plus
Decided to take LH A380 MIA-FRA-BCN Upgrade Options?

Long time AA EXP taking the LH A380 to Europe. Not sure what options if any I have to upgrade reg Y ticket (5 Pax in total). For AA I have points and/or EVIP's but nothing to use for LH. Are there any feasible upgrade options? I did see an offer for some sort of lottery based on the amount your willing to spend if the chance were to come about to upgrade.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:00 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Airras
Long time AA EXP taking the LH A380 to Europe. Not sure what options if any I have to upgrade reg Y ticket (5 Pax in total). For AA I have points and/or EVIP's but nothing to use for LH. Are there any feasible upgrade options? I did see an offer for some sort of lottery based on the amount your willing to spend if the chance were to come about to upgrade.
Welcome to the LH forum! I suggest you check this page for options.

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/upgrade-options
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:07 am
Suspended

Friend is Blue, I am SEN. We have two separate short-haul tickets in Eco Light (L). Can I somehow attach my friend to my booking so he can enjoy seat blocking during OLCI along with me?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by ryanp
Friend is Blue, I am SEN. We have two separate short-haul tickets in Eco Light (L). Can I somehow attach my friend to my booking so he can enjoy seat blocking during OLCI along with me?
Seat blocking is not guaranteed but you can call the SEN line to link the bookings , during OLCI if you chose FE , 7A & 7C for your friend you create your own seat blocking unless the flight is busy.
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chris63
Seat blocking is not guaranteed but you can call the SEN line to link the bookings

The SEN line said they can't link the bookings. All they can do is put a note in my booking saying I'm traveling with another passenger on a different ticket. I did HUACA and got the same answer that they can't link the bookings once again.

during OLCI if you chose FE , 7A & 7C for your friend you create your own seat blocking unless the flight is busy.
Sorry, what does FE mean?

And I'm not sure I can even do the OLCI for my friend while being logged into my M&M account. So I agree with you that if I choose 7A, that means 7B should be blocked unless the flight is busy. But I'm not sure my friend will be able to select 7C as that seat might be blocked. And certainly, it would be difficult to get exit row seats as those will probably be blocked for Blue.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:20 am

And I'm not sure I can even do the OLCI for my friend while being logged into my M&M account.
When you do OLCI there should be a button "add passenger" where you can retrieve another PNR, and then check in all together. I'm not 100% sure it's there for LH, in sure it's there for LX.
chris63 and FlyerTalker78341 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
The SEN line said they can't link the bookings. All they can do is put a note in my booking saying I'm traveling with another passenger on a different ticket. I did HUACA and got the same answer that they can't link the bookings once again.

Sorry, what does FE mean?

And I'm not sure I can even do the OLCI for my friend while being logged into my M&M account. So I agree with you that if I choose 7A, that means 7B should be blocked unless the flight is busy. But I'm not sure my friend will be able to select 7C as that seat might be blocked. And certainly, it would be difficult to get exit row seats as those will probably be blocked for Blue.
Putting a note in the PNR’s is a link.

FE = for example

At online checkin chose any vacant row, take the Window & aisle & voila you did seat blocking , if it’s available due to the load.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

You can add upto three pax on the same flight to seat yourself together in the SEN area. But online during online checkin.
FlyerTalker78341 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Hi, I'll be flying LH soon for the first time on FRA-HND, and fair to say I'm confused at the seat assignment process.

I'll be flying on a UA issued ticket, and the LH website initially gave me the option to purchase a seat assignment and a la carte dining.

I purchased both several weeks ago, and received a confirmation e-mail from LH after the purchase, but they weren't visible on the website when I checked earlier today.
Is this a LH website glitch, or did my seat assignment (and my meal order, but I'm less concerned about that) disappear? What is the best way to communicate with LH about this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JMBResona
Hi, I'll be flying LH soon for the first time on FRA-HND, and fair to say I'm confused at the seat assignment process.

I'll be flying on a UA issued ticket, and the LH website initially gave me the option to purchase a seat assignment and a la carte dining.

I purchased both several weeks ago, and received a confirmation e-mail from LH after the purchase, but they weren't visible on the website when I checked earlier today.
Is your sig up-to-date?

If so, it does surprise me that you had to pay for the seat reservations. Seat reservations should be free for SEN/HON as well as UA*G (as far as I know, other *G don't receive free seats in eco).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:10 am

No free ASR in economy for anyone other than SEN/HON.

Just call LH they should see the EMD for the seat and meal payments and can fix if either was dropped.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No free ASR in economy for anyone other than SEN/HON.
Just the other day, somebody on VFT claimed there is an exception for UA*G as well (I'm well aware A3*G, SQ*G etc. get no free ASR in eco).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:18 pm

FWIW, I've had issues where the LH website and app are not in agreement. I am flying Basel > Munich > Chicago in April - economy ticket was issued by a third party but I called LH directly to upgrade to business for the TATL leg. Logging into LH's website now, it shows me as having 3 seat reservations (economy for BSL-MUC and economy and business for MUC-ORD). Agents have told me via phone that I'm set. Fingers crossed that things go smoothly when I finally check in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.