Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Lewis42
So, long shot here but worth a try.

im going on a weekend break with my best friend in a few months. We will be meeting at Frankfurt airport and going to another European destination, we have a 6 hour connection.

i have Senator and he has no status. We will both be flying Economy.

I know we can use the Senator lounge no issue... but I have the option to get 1x First Class Lounge voucher using my select miles from last year. Is there any way I can get both of us into the first class lounge?
If you have a lounge access voucher & therefore entitled to FCL entry, you ought to be able to pay for a guest, cost is circa 130 EUR.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: BA,LH,LY,OK
Originally Posted by jscivi
Hello,
Sorry for the very embarrassing question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere (I have been looking online for hours).
I would like to know precisely how are status miles calculated as a function of distance (departure/destination) and booking class (as of 2019).
I am either very bad with google, or the information is very well hidden.
There is plenty of information for award miles, but nothing for status miles. I remember seeing a few years ago the booking class multiplicator table, but I cannot find it anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help!
I think you have this option in the M&M App
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am short of 78 miles to secure an award. Any suggestions for getting these 78 miles at the cheapest possible cost?
BTW I have no status with M&M anymore
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am short of 78 miles to secure an award. Any suggestions for getting these 78 miles at the cheapest possible cost?
Where are you based?

In Germany I would suggest to get a pack of diapers.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

Where are you based?

In Germany I would suggest to get a pack of diapers.
Wow, we all know M&L can be s..t but really ?
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:51 am

I'm assuming you have already signed up for the newsletter and iirc also choosing to use the app would give you 500 miles.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: SAS EBD (*G)
I'm slightly confused on the baggage allowance on an upcoming trip.

I have *G status and booked a ticket through United.com with Lufthansa to Vancouver, and back again with Swiss from Los Angeles (from/to Oslo)

On the booking page it was listed one bag free, but when I chose *G status it did not increase.

To my understanding that would be wrong, or? I know LH and Swiss have economy light fares, but then I should have had zero bags at all. Or do United have a special agreement?

The fare class is listed as M for the LH flight, and L for the Swiss flight.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN | UA 1K
I‘m flying FRA-BOG in J in a couple of days and out of a sudden the free seat next to me got blocked - any idea why? I‘m flying as UA*G
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Where are you based?
USA
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by malmostoso
I'm assuming you have already signed up for the newsletter and iirc also choosing to use the app would give you 500 miles.
I have done that looong time ago
malmostoso likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eisa01
I'm slightly confused on the baggage allowance on an upcoming trip.

I have *G status and booked a ticket through United.com with Lufthansa to Vancouver, and back again with Swiss from Los Angeles (from/to Oslo)

On the booking page it was listed one bag free, but when I chose *G status it did not increase.

To my understanding that would be wrong, or? I know LH and Swiss have economy light fares, but then I should have had zero bags at all. Or do United have a special agreement?

The fare class is listed as M for the LH flight, and L for the Swiss flight.
I just got burned by the same thing Look at your fare basis - does it end in -LGT (regardless of the booking class)?

Look here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...-100-pqds.html
eisa01 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:39 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
USA
Then, unfortunately, your possibility are more limited.

Short cheap flight?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by eisa01
As *G you will get an extra bag for free. This is not shown in the ticket, but allowed in the system at checkin.
eisa01 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 3:41 pm

I just want to make sure I am understand booking Lufthansa correctly. I am under the impression that Lufthansa typically releases award availability at fourteen days or less. I would like to book J class from ORD>CDG at the end of October. Is the correct thing to do a. book a backup flight and b. obsessively check for J seats when the fourteen day (or whatever day) mark hits? Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: LH SEN | UA 1K
Award space can be available months before, but it highly depends on the route you're flying. One of the reasons I have an Expertflyer subscription

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.