Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Do it the second way, LH MM number in the system, use the card for lounge access. Should not pose a problem (but check that the number wasn't overwritten by lounge dragons).

Priority boarding is not a problem IME.
Only thing you might lose is *G seating privileges, which I don't think is that important as long as you make sure to check in as soon as it opens.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Thanks, this is helpful! So I have just to flash the plastic KF Gold card to both FRA security staff and LH airside staff to get fast track security and priority bording?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Soon to be a free agent.
Originally Posted by findark
If you do not succeed in getting your bags checked through to VIE (I would ask UA to do this for you in EWR), you will be charged again at the counter in FRA.
Thanks! I have a 2 day layover in KEF, but if UA will check my main bag all the way through to VIE when I get to EWR, I'll do that.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by JFSV
Thanks, this is helpful! So I have just to flash the plastic KF Gold card to both FRA security staff and LH airside staff to get fast track security and priority bording?
You may need it in the BP for the priority boarding.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: Eurobonus, GarudaMiles, Qmiles
How about using only SAS app for lounge access in Vienna (Austrian) and New York plus Frankfurt (Lufthansa)?

I still don’t receive Gold card from SAS but there’s picture and barcode of card on the app.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Vienna no problem with TK digital card from app.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:30 pm

Simple question, but does Lufthansa only run the short-haul config A321 between FRA and BEY?

Do they ever fly anything with a lie flat seat/similar in J?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: JMB
Originally Posted by chris63
Who sent you the email ?
You could try asking them ?

LH IT is notoriously bad, the Eurowings is their cheap end, so hardly surprising that their IT is cheap & not up to date.
The email stating the new departure time was sent by the OTA. Funny thing, today I logged into "checkmytrip" and the flight (the one that was moved) to Dusseldorf has been cancelled completely. Called ANA, had a nice chat with an offer for a replacement flight (instead Nuremberg - Dusseldorf - Narita -> Nuremberg - Frankfurt - Haneda), but sadly they are not allowed to change the booking on their own. Have to contact the OTA. Well, but if the OTA does not respond (which is possible due to the reputation), they said they will find a way to change the flight on their own.
As calling the OTA didn't work, tried contact form now. Let's see what's happening.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 7:00 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Quick answer:

Originally Posted by shadowline
Simple question, but does Lufthansa only run the short-haul config A321 between FRA and BEY?
yes
Originally Posted by shadowline
Do they ever fly anything with a lie flat seat/similar in J?
no
Old Jul 21, 2018, 8:52 pm

Hello All, I have about 13,000 Lufthansa M&M miles. Not sure what I can use them for as they are not enough for a flight nor does it seem they can be transferred out. I have a decent Mileage Plus account that I mainly use, along with other main US carrier programs. I am based in the US. Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2018, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Ali380
Hello All, I have about 13,000 Lufthansa M&M miles. Not sure what I can use them for as they are not enough for a flight nor does it seem they can be transferred out. I have a decent Mileage Plus account that I mainly use, along with other main US carrier programs. I am based in the US. Thanks
Lufthansa World shop, not good use but better than losing them
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: EUROBONUS SILVER
Hello,

So my flight to Graz today was cancelled. .... happens I guess. But how will Austrian contact me for a rerouting? Tried calling them but after 45 minutes I still wasn't able to get trough. Anybody a solution for this?
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by toonmelis
Hello,

So my flight to Graz today was cancelled. .... happens I guess. But how will Austrian contact me for a rerouting? Tried calling them but after 45 minutes I still wasn't able to get trough. Anybody a solution for this?
I see that all the OS flights from Germany to GRZ were cancelled today. Best option might be to send them a DM on Twitter. Your rerouting options would involve MUC (LH) or VIE (OS).
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:46 pm

O good, please don't flame me. Yes, I searched. If I book a LH Classic Economy fare which comes with one piece of free baggage, will I get a second complimentary one as a UA 1*G?
We want to do three, four inexpensive European r/t ex FRA before continuing to Japan, but we have 4 suitcases. Unless I can convince the FRA Airport Hilton to store a couple of pieces
for me during the trips I would be stuck paying extra. Although that could probably be mitigated by using the Amex Plat card.

Last edited by Exleftseat; Jul 23, 2018 at 8:09 am
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
O good, please don;'t flame me. Yes, I searched. If I book a LH Classic Economy fare which comes with one piece of free baggage, will I get a second complimentary one as a UA 1*G?
Yes, you will be given an allowance of 2x23kg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.