Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by alserire
Flying DUB to SZG via FRA in J. Haven’t done this since before covid.

1. Do I have fast track and lounge access in DUB?

2. If memory serves FRA/SZG goes from A gates in FRA. Is there an LH lounge I have access to in this area? If not which LH lounge would be best to use? Dub flights usually arrive at B gates I seem to remember

3. More than once on connections through FRA I had to go through security again despite clearing it in DUB. Is still still the case does anyone know?

Thanks for any help
  1. Yes, fast track and lounge access in DUB
  2. Business A lounge near A13. If it's packed you could also try the lounges near A26.
  3. If you arrive clean into B non-Schengen, follow the signs for Z which should hopefully get you on a bus which gets you to Z still clean. You then go downstairs and through passport control into A.
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
API question

I have an upcoming LH reservation in F booked through UA miles redemption.

The reservation shows on LH app/website but I have two issues:

1. when entering DOB and passport expiry date it is successfully submitted but then the saved data shows one day earlier. I have tried on the app and using a laptop. Is there any way to correct this?

2. somehow the reservation is showing my first and middle name squashed together (as I would expect) in the first name field and then my middle name shows separately in the middle name field. Every time I try to change it in the API it reverts back to what it was before.

The name on the ticket issued by UA is correct and on LH under the passenger details section it shows my name correctly.

any advice on how to resolve?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 3:56 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Don't.

The DOB is caused by timezone issues. It's a display problem.

Middle name shenanigans are not an issue.
mattg85 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:37 pm

Programs: LH
Seat Selection Price Changes?

Hey all,

I’ve noticed the seat selection prices on my LH Long Haul flights have been changing. For example, selecting a regular economy seat was 49eur, then went down to 25eur a few days later, and then to 21eur, but now it’s back at 49eur.

Does anyone know why this happened?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: A3 *A Gold, ex-Aeroflot Gold
How to upgrade LH flight as A3 *A Gold correctly?

Hey folks,

in few weeks my company will book for me LH tickets, TBS-MUC. I believe that hey will book cheapest available tickets with a suitcase on this route (Economy Classic).

I have Aegean Miles and Bonus Gold Card (and a little bit of miles on my account).

What’s the easiest way to:
- at least earn some miles with this flight (unfortunately it’s still a secret for me how to check booking class at LH during the booking online)
- and maybe upgrade it to business (perfectly before the flight, because maybe I want to use business luggage allowance)?

I don’t understand also do LH have something like UpgradeChallenge (bid for upgrade) or not.

Sorry for stupid questions
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

How to identify Booking-Class
Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:46 pm

Programs: A3 *A Gold, ex-Aeroflot Gold
Merci.
But I want to clarify my questions.

1. About booking classes: this link is for a topic when discussion goes about how to check the booking class of existing booking. And I’m asking how to check booking class before the booking, better to say during the booking process on LH website.
2. I also have seen some info that if my ticket was issued with a booking class that I don’t like (okay, joking, that gives me 0 miles or few miles in A3 M&B), I could contact Lufthansa and pay for the change of booking class. Is it possible? And if it’s possible, what could be the price?
3. I’ve seen that LH also sometimes gives op-ups, but I have no idea how could I predict my chances (yep, in old-old times it was possible to predict chances for op-up by Aeroflot simply looking on booking classes of available tickets).
4. Thanks for the link for Plusgrade. Maybe I’m googling not diligent enough, but is this option available on all LH flights? Is there a correlation between my booking class and the chances of an upgrade?

I want to check all possible options to choose which is more affordable and convenient for me
Old Mar 4, 2024, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

If your company uses a travel agent they can tell you the booking class. On lh.com you can check booking class during the booking process.

Lufthansa allows upsell to business at fixed price you can call in and ask which booking class it books into. Plus grade myoffer upgrades usually go into P. Both upsell and myoffer don't give more luggage.

Op up happen but a very unusual.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 7:59 pm

Award booking error

When I want to look up award ticket fares on the miles & more website, I get this error after entering a destination and date:

For what it’s worth, I have Frequent Traveler status and so far 16.987 miles.
What do I do wrong ?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by BobTL
When I want to look up award ticket fares on the miles & more website, I get this error after entering a destination and date:

For what it’s worth, I have Frequent Traveler status and so far 16.987 miles.
What do I do wrong ?
It is working currently, do as they suggest, try another server or device, or the app
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by chris63
It is working currently, do as they suggest, try another server or device, or the app
I tried on my laptop, my working laptop, the app and my phone and all give the same error?
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:42 am

I tried on my laptop, my working laptop, the app and my phone and all give the same error?
The error is from Akamai's WAF product.

Try from a different internet connection.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by supine
The error is from Akamai's WAF product.

Try from a different internet connection.
I did. Work wifi, home wifi and regular 5G, all the same result.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:15 am

I did. Work wifi, home wifi and regular 5G, all the same result.
Then it's not you, it's them. LH IT is ... errr... not 5-star.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by supine
Then it's not you, it's them. LH IT is ... errr... not 5-star.
Who should i contact? Any idea?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.