Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:00 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andywaw
You get points only on flights which give you miles.
This was valid in old system (where you were getting miles). In new , point system, you earn points in all flights regardless of booking class.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andywaw
You get points only on flights which give you miles.
This was valid in old system (where you were getting tier miles). In new , point system, you earn points in all flights regardless of booking class (if it was revenue flights). So, it can be also booking class which does not give miles, but points will be still credited.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Tragedie_v_JZD
This was valid in old system (where you were getting tier miles). In new , point system, you earn points in all flights regardless of booking class (if it was revenue flights). So, it can be also booking class which does not give miles, but points will be still credited.
That is incorrect. Flights that earn 0 award miles will also earn you 0 points. Try the mileage calculator with Ethiopian booking class P (before they fix it). It was just a few posts above in this thread.

Actually, here's a screenshot. Tried FRA - ADD, operated by ET, class P (which is incorrectly classified as Economy, but that's irrelevant).

Last edited by hdogan; Mar 27, 2024 at 12:48 am Reason: Added a screenshot.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 8:31 am

Really could use some help.

I have two bookings: a F redemption and two purchased F tickets. Both were canceled when LH430 was downgauged to a 744 in a few months.

I called the Basel Senator line and they rebooked all of the tickets in J on LX (obviously not what I was going for as the whole point is to stay in F). I never agreed to J, or thought to ask.

So I recalled the US Senator line and they had no trouble changing the F redemption to the LX itinerary, but for the paid tickets they say it is not possible. I see 5+ F seats on each of the long haul segments, but of course now the price is higher if I were to get a refund and make a new book. Very frustrating.

Any ideas of what to do?
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by Milwaukee

I have two bookings: a F redemption and two purchased F tickets. Both were canceled when LH430 was downgauged to a 744 in a few months.

I called the Basel Senator line and they rebooked all of the tickets in J on LX (obviously not what I was going for as the whole point is to stay in F). I never agreed to J, or thought to ask.

So I recalled the US Senator line and they had no trouble changing the F redemption to the LX itinerary, but for the paid tickets they say it is not possible. I see 5+ F seats on each of the long haul segments, but of course now the price is higher if I were to get a refund and make a new book. Very frustrating.

Any ideas of what to do?
Call again. They should rebook paid F to LX without issues.
chris63 and Milwaukee like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Milwaukee

Any ideas of what to do?
Who did you book with ? You need to call the dedicated F hotline with the ticket owner, LX or LH
MichielR and Milwaukee like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 10:40 am

Thank you MichielR and chris63 . The booking was made through LH. Looking at the other thread on the dedicated F lines, is there any office in particular you recommend calling? Seems like such a perfunctory change to make, but has been surprisingly difficult to sort this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:51 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
I booked with LH a ticket in Y for WAW-FRA-xxx where the first leg is operated by LOT.

Today at OLCI, I was redirected to the LO website where I was able to choose seats for the first leg, but not for the leg FRA-xxx. Also under manage my booking, I could not choose seats: "you can choose your seats during check-in".

Initially I thought it had to do with the moment of OLCI, with LO it's 30h, maybe with LH it's only 24h. So I tried again 6h later, but no difference. I have an automatically assigned seat and no possibility to change that.

Is that normal nowadays with LH?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:26 am

I see on Aegean's award program there are available seats on first class . FRA to SIN. The aircraft is A350-900. On seatguru i saw that Lufthansa offer only business and economy on these planes, so is it a system problem?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by furbygr
I see on Aegean's award program there are available seats on first class . FRA to SIN. The aircraft is A350-900. On seatguru i saw that Lufthansa offer only business and economy on these planes, so is it a system problem?
I've seen at least two other folks report something similar.

It's a problem with A3's system, if you booked it you will almost certainly be in J.
furbygr likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by supine
I've seen at least two other folks report something similar.

It's a problem with A3's system, if you booked it you will almost certainly be in J.
but they charge your miles properly lol
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:49 pm

Exclamation Lufthansa Have not received email confirmation is there a time limit?time limit

Hello I am waiting for a reissued ticket from Lufthansa since March 1, 2024. I have a booking number but no a PNR code. Now I cannot use the ticket. Question can I cancel since it has not been issued nor have I been charged? What will I have to pay, was economy green flex, but now under booking code it states economy, Will my credit card honor a charge back if I receive charges?
Help!!!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
I received an email from Lufthansa with the title “please confirm changes to your itinerary”. The changes are minimal on a mostly P class booking (changes in just one sector, 20 min or so).
Question: am I entitled to cancel the whole booking because of this change and get fully reimbursed?
Thanks in advance for your input.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by docsxx
I received an email from Lufthansa with the title “please confirm changes to your itinerary”. The changes are minimal on a mostly P class booking (changes in just one sector, 20 min or so).
Question: am I entitled to cancel the whole booking because of this change and get fully reimbursed?
Thanks in advance for your input.
20 minutes is usually enough to justify a rebooking but not a refund.

I believe the threshold for refunds is two hours.
chris63 and docsxx like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Is Lufthansa rewarding miles in Miles and More for an award ticket which has been rebooked on a rev fare? Ticket was O, now is A. Reason was a schedule change. Or do they Lufthansa/Miles and More „know“ that this was an O award and will not post miles for that flight? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.