Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, you need to qualify once in any 2 year period.
Qualify one year & status is extended for 2 years, qualify again the following year & then you don’t have to do it for another 2 years or until your final year of status.

But let’s see what they plan for us after 11th November .....
Thank you very much, chris63, you opened me up to something I wasn't aware of. It worked out because I do so much flying anyway. So what would have happened in practice? If I had done two quiet years and my status was valid for at least the next 3 years, would they simply have downgraded me even though it had shown my status valid to say 02.22?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Espio
I don't know if this is the right place for this question but I have an upcoming flight to Las Vegas from Istanbul, IST, and have two options.

First one is economy with TK to IST-SFO-LAS or IST-LAX-LAS

second option is Premium Economy on Lufthansa-Eurowings IST-FRA-LAS flight operated by Sunexpress

So far i have only flown Sunexpress operated flights in Turkey as domestic flights and my experiences were horrible due to terrible leg space and old aircraft. So seeing Sunexpress operated long haul doesn't give me any confidence. On the other hand premium economy should mean better leg room then TK economy so i am conflicted.

My first question is, can i use my Star Alliance Gold membership for lounge access? As this is operated by Sunexpress i am not sure if this counts as star alliance flight.
My second question is how are the Sunexpress operated flights in Premium Economy? My priority is legroom.
Eurowings longhaul is Sunexpress wetlease only, for status purposes it's an EW flight. Hardware is also to EW standards I believe.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Thank you very much, chris63, you opened me up to something I wasn't aware of. It worked out because I do so much flying anyway. So what would have happened in practice? If I had done two quiet years and my status was valid for at least the next 3 years, would they simply have downgraded me even though it had shown my status valid to say 02.22?
If you qualify in a dead year it’s just wasted, once they post your status end date that’s it, no downgrade
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:51 am

Programs: Miles and More
Hi.. I'm 3000 status miles short of FTL (not been flying much for a few years). Short of flying a bit, is there a good way for me to get those miles? I could exchange award miles if I was already FTL but I'm not.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by meiji
Hi.. I'm 3000 status miles short of FTL (not been flying much for a few years). Short of flying a bit, is there a good way for me to get those miles? I could exchange award miles if I was already FTL but I'm not.
Status miles can only be earned by flying I'm afraid, and 3000 miles is not a small amount. How many segments do you have? A weekend bouncing around Poland might be more cost effective than an expensive J ticket. Where are you based?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Status miles can only be earned by flying I'm afraid, and 3000 miles is not a small amount. How many segments do you have? A weekend bouncing around Poland might be more cost effective than an expensive J ticket. Where are you based?
So no more German train runs then... balls. Based in Luxembourg at the moment. Seems a shame to miss out on FTS really. Edit: Actually need 2400 miles (or 25 segments)

Second edit: Might need to go to Barcelona and Budapest before the end of the year. Might be worth a go

Last edited by meiji; Nov 5, 2019 at 4:16 am
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:49 am

So no more German train runs then... balls. Based in Luxembourg at the moment. Seems a shame to miss out on FTS really. Edit: Actually need 2400 miles (or 25 segments)

Second edit: Might need to go to Barcelona and Budapest before the end of the year. Might be worth a go
Unfortunately train tickets cannot be purchased as standalone segments anymore, but only along with a flight.

From LUX you should be able to route easily through at least one hub so it shouldn't be too hard to put together a bunch of 250/500 miles segments.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: BA
Hi, looking for some help to calm my nerves with timings.

I am flying LHR - HKG via FRA in business class. I have a 2hrs10min layover between flights. Not having been to FRA before let alone connected through it - is this enough time to spend time in a lounge? Or will it be a case of getting off one aircraft and heading straight for another to make sure we arrive in a timely manner

My flights

LHR 17:30 on 03/03/2020 arrives 20:05 - LH915
FRA-HKG departs 22:15 03/03/2020 - LH796

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Hi all. I am looking at a couple of LH coach tickets (as a UA reward, if it matters) - a short hop from Italy to FRA followed by a morning flight from FRA to the US. I can do the short hop early in the AM, and worry about my connection, or the night before. Either way it's one through ticket.

If I fly Italy-FRA the night before and connect in the AM, can I check my hold luggage through, or will I need to collect the luggage in FRA and check it in again in the AM?

Will they give me a boarding pass when I check in in Italy for both flights?

I don't have exact times since I have not nailed down the departure city, but for the most part the flights are arriving in FRA the night before around 9 PM and the flight to the US leaves at 10 AM the next AM, so more than 12 hours if that's a critical factor.

Thanks for any help and info! ^

FTF
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by ard9719
Hi, looking for some help to calm my nerves with timings.

I am flying LHR - HKG via FRA in business class. I have a 2hrs10min layover between flights. Not having been to FRA before let alone connected through it - is this enough time to spend time in a lounge? Or will it be a case of getting off one aircraft and heading straight for another to make sure we arrive in a timely manner

My flights

LHR 17:30 on 03/03/2020 arrives 20:05 - LH915
FRA-HKG departs 22:15 03/03/2020 - LH796

Thanks in advance
In all honesty, FRA can be a bit of a ....-show at times; you could arrive at the gate 10 mins after landing or you could be riding the bus for 30 mins, walking for another 30 mins and waiting in a security line for a further 30 mins. I've narrowly made transfers with 90 mins before so anything under 3 hours, I get to a place where I know I'm not far from my gate then go lounge or bar hunting.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
Unfortunately train tickets cannot be purchased as standalone segments anymore, but only along with a flight.

From LUX you should be able to route easily through at least one hub so it shouldn't be too hard to put together a bunch of 250/500 miles segments.
Is there an easy way to work out what status miles a trip awards?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer
Hi all. I am looking at a couple of LH coach tickets (as a UA reward, if it matters) - a short hop from Italy to FRA followed by a morning flight from FRA to the US. I can do the short hop early in the AM, and worry about my connection, or the night before. Either way it's one through ticket.

If I fly Italy-FRA the night before and connect in the AM, can I check my hold luggage through, or will I need to collect the luggage in FRA and check it in again in the AM?

Will they give me a boarding pass when I check in in Italy for both flights?

I don't have exact times since I have not nailed down the departure city, but for the most part the flights are arriving in FRA the night before around 9 PM and the flight to the US leaves at 10 AM the next AM, so more than 12 hours if that's a critical factor.

Thanks for any help and info! ^

FTF
Your bags will be checked through, no problem & you should get BP’s at the originating airport in Italy
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is there an easy way to work out what status miles a trip awards?
It’s on the M&M website, depends on your booking class times distance for long haul, specified for the short haul.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus LH Senator (yes, two *A programs. Go figure)
Can my wife or another family member or anyone for that matter credit their travel to my Miles&More account? For the purposes of status, not the award?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by potjernik
Can my wife or another family member or anyone for that matter credit their travel to my Miles&More account? For the purposes of status, not the award?
No

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.