Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing FFP number on an existing booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; de) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1033 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I'm doing it since a couple of months (most of the time agt the gate) and never had a problem. A big minus is that you won't be recognized as a SEN onboard if you change your number, even on short notice, to A3 for example. I have yet to find out a workaround for that problem. Especially for longhaul flights in Y it helps to be SEN. Not that I have many of such flights though .
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you want to be 100% sure you need to change the PNR entry before checkin. Just show the *G card to get lounge access et al at the airport.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:27 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I did that about 80 times last year, always at the gate or in the lounge. Just ask for a new printout of the BP and you should be all right. It only happened twice over the course of the last 4 years that the miles did end up in the *wrong* account (the one that was in the PNR and the BP prior to changing the BP). Once with LH in MUC for a MUC-FRA segement and once in CPH with SK.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Not LH, but a StarAlliance partner:

I once forgot to change my FFP number and only noticed after the flight. Since it seems fashionable these days on FT for people to complain about using benefits without crediting, let me just state that I wanted to change from one *G to the other *G that I actually used to enter the lounge. I only noticed after the flight. I went to check-in and they changed the FFP number of the flight with which I had just arrived, advising me that it will most likely not matter anymore. Low and behold I got my miles into the new programme (happy) AND into the old programme (surprising, and not at all intended).
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
I do it at the check-in or gate. The seat assigned online doesn't change.
I was refused only once at the gate in LCA. Obviously a walk back to the lounge and did it by myself.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN + many more
We can try of course, however, I sense a problem, since we are under one PNR and I'd like to keep my miles with LH (for whatever silly reason, I haven't came up yet), but my wife (being a wise woman that she is), wants to start putting hers into TK.

Not sure how it will work out...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Related question.

I have 4 segments on LH metal

1 JFK-MUC
2 MUC-FCO
3 ATH-MUC
4 MUC-JFK

I'd like 1 and 2 to be credited to UA, but I'd like 3 and 4 to be on A3. Can anyone confirm that LH systems (gate agent or website) will allow me to change the frequent flyer # after my itinerary has started?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The checkin system will let you, but its best to call LH and ask them to enter the data in your PNR before you start the checkin process.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by Songer5
Related question.

I have 4 segments on LH metal

1 JFK-MUC
2 MUC-FCO
3 ATH-MUC
4 MUC-JFK

I'd like 1 and 2 to be credited to UA, but I'd like 3 and 4 to be on A3. Can anyone confirm that LH systems (gate agent or website) will allow me to change the frequent flyer # after my itinerary has started?
I'm quite certain the check-in counter ca do it, unless you go through only online checkin.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
I am flying next week on swiss and plan to credit my miles to mileage plus where I am a basic member. However need to check in extra bags and have booked an exit row seat on account of my senator status.

At what stage should I change my miles and more number to the united mileage number ?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: LH M&M FT, SQ-PPS
Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
I am flying next week on swiss and plan to credit my miles to mileage plus where I am a basic member. However need to check in extra bags and have booked an exit row seat on account of my senator status.

At what stage should I change my miles and more number to the united mileage number ?
Do online CI with LH, there you can change your FF No. and your seat is not lost!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Lufthansa Senator *,Marriott platinum
After an online check in what about the extra bags to be checked in ?

Also many a time boarding cards are not issued online due to passport checks being required for verifying valid visas ?

Has anybody had issues with changing the mileage number at the gate before boarding the aircraft and getting new boarding cards issued.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by RAMSWISS
Has anybody had issues with changing the mileage number at the gate before boarding the aircraft and getting new boarding cards issued.
Paging cas_de! I think he has a master title in doing this between LH and UA.

We had a discussion about this a few months back. Changing the number at the gate does work in theory, but there are risks involved buried deep in the way the IT systems store and change the relevant FF numbers.

I haven't tried it myself on *A, so I will defer to those with more experience.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MILLEMIGLIA Freccia Alata, M&M Blue
Changing FFP number on an existing booking

Hi everyone,

I have a booking on Lufthansa Cityline. Since I would like to use the perk of my newly achieved Star Alliance Gold status I tried to change my Miles&More number with my other Star Alliance FFP number.

On the Lufthansa page, it worked fine but then came back to the normal Miles&More number when entering again into the booking.

On the Austrian site I can access my booking but I can't change my FFP number.

On the Swiss site I can't even access the booking.

How should I proceed to make it work?

Can they change the FFP number at the time of check-in at the airport?

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sebanto2001
Can they change the FFP number at the time of check-in at the airport?
Yes, and you'll be able to enjoy all the benefits of your *G status. However, due to a bug in LH's systems, the miles for the flight in question are going to post to your M&M account anyway, even if you change the FFP number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.