Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Traveller Status

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Frequent Traveller Status

Mine says it expires next month - how do I renew it, or will I renew it automatically?

Not that I really see many benefits from it, but if I can keep it, why not, I guess...

As an aside, to LH miles ever expire?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:08 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Mine says it expires next month - how do I renew it, or will I renew it automatically?

Not that I really see many benefits from it, but if I can keep it, why not, I guess...

As an aside, to LH miles ever expire?

Thanks!
In order to renew your Frequent Traveller status you have to earn 35,000 status miles in a calendar year or fly 30 segments (15 return flights) on LH Group of airlines in a calendar year.

In order for your status to continue without a break you should have 'renewed' your status either in 2013 or 2014. After the end of February you will be a blue member but once you reach 35,000 status miles or 30 flights in 2015 you will be a Frequent Traveller until February 2018.

Once you lose your Frequent Traveller status your LH/Miles and More miles will expire after 36 months.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:11 pm

If in either of 2013 or 2014 you collected 35000 status miles (*A) or flew 30 segments on LH group airlines, your status has been renewed automatically.

If you still have status, your miles won't expire. If your status has finished, countdown of 3 years starts now. Having a M&M credit card saves your award miles from expiring.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I should have specified - I get FF automatically via the oil club (I thought it was oil-only and that the status from miles/segments had a different name). Since it is automatic, that is why I was confused that it is expiring!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:12 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Sorry, I should have specified - I get FF automatically via the oil club (I thought it was oil-only and that the status from miles/segments had a different name). Since it is automatic, that is why I was confused that it is expiring!
I don't know much about the Oil & Energy Club but you should have received your new card with the new expiry date by now if renewal is automatic. I suggest you contact them possibly via this website.

From the Oil & Energy Club terms and conditions
"Membership of the oil&energyclub is initially granted for a period of two years, provided that
the member does not requalify for membership during this time, or until membership is
terminated in writing by Lufthansa or the member. If the member can demonstrate earning
at least 15,000 status miles per calendar year since the start of his or her membership or
the last OEC membership renewal, membership will be renewed for another two years
(OEC renewal)."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.