Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: ac, as
I'm following this as I fly sea to Frankfurt on the 24th. I'm in economy and the bidding to PE starts at $800 which seems quite high. For those familiar is regular coach ok? The plane is not very full so lots of empty rows which makes me feel I can spread out a bit. Seat Gurus seems to discourage the bulkhead row so I moved to an empty 4 across row. Opinions? This is on a A330-300 going and a 747-400 returning.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Another question on the same subject to all of you Lufthansa experts.

Now that I have found the trick to access the link to MyOffer Plusgrade (thank you again UAPremierExecflyer!), would you guys know a way to bid less than the minimum amount that is shown - if that is actually possible? Please note:

Pre-set bid £520, minimum £475 by moving the slider to the very left.

If I bid the current minimum of £475... do you know if I can go back and manually override it with the amount I want to offer or will I get the same dial with the slider not going lower than £475?

I can, of course, read "you can change or cancel your offer at any time and several times" - but would rather hear your comments first.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 6, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
No you cannot. Thats the minimum you can bid. £475. The majority of long haul starts about £450. Never seen anything cheaper.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
davidgmg 800USD is very expensive for Y to PE upgrade and does not worth it. it usually starts about 250USD.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by LondonFlight
I still would like to have been able to bid a specific amount though, as I thought I would. Is there a trick to manually enter the amount I am willing to bid per leg?
To see if you can manually enter an amount I just tried the firefox crtl+shift+c inspector on the bid page. It is possible to enter a bid lower than the minimum shown on the slider that way. I doubt whether plusgrade will pick such bids though.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
To see if you can manually enter an amount I just tried the firefox crtl+shift+c inspector on the bid page. It is possible to enter a bid lower than the minimum shown on the slider that way. I doubt whether plusgrade will pick such bids though.
Hello oliver2002,

How interesting. I shall have a go at it and see what happens.

The minimum bids being asked by Lufthansa on top of the price I paid for PE would add at least £950 to the cost of my ticket and make the overall cost around £500 higher than their current offers to GIG in Business.

Perhaps Plusgrade should be clever enough to suggest a minimum bid that is closer to the lowest available fare in Business at time of booking.

Or to allow reasonable, lower, open bids - it's all subject to capacity anyway so Lufthansa could either take the extra £200 I would be willing to add per sector or simply crack laughing at it.

Thank you again!

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 13, 2019 at 4:02 am
Old Mar 26, 2019, 8:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Just made a reservation in M from STO to DEL via MUC that cost 600€ one way. On the MUC-DEL sector Myoffer wants 695-1530 US$ to bid to C and 205-660 US$ for PE.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:22 pm

Traveling ORD to ATH 3 May. Work booked ticket (L) so no opportunity to pay for upgrade outright. C (435) bidding starts at $695 transatlantic legs, PE at $245 and $205 on the return transatlantic leg(434). Not interested in bidding for the MUC-ATH, ATH-MUC legs.
1. Do I have to bid on both transatlantic legs at the same time?
2. Bid now or wait until closer to the flight?
3. Wondering why the PE on the return leg starts at a lower price
4. I have read a substantial portion of this thread; any additional advice for bidding for C?

Thanks gurus.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 2:47 am

Bid now. Copy the link to the upgrade offer and save it someplace, it usually goes away from the booking overview once you have bid for one segement.
Flying Victor likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Are tickets booked as award tickets no eligible, I booked an award ticket through Avianca, but cannot seem to get to the bidding page on my reservation
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by kbooks66
Are tickets booked as award tickets no eligible, I booked an award ticket through Avianca, but cannot seem to get to the bidding page on my reservation
No, award tix are not upgradable
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:35 am

Why does the low bid change day to day? My low bids are down $5 since I posted here last night.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:01 am

Hi all.
I'm traveling from Chicago to Rome this coming Friday.
I initially purchased a ticket that has neither seat selection nor baggage allowance.
Since the ticket was so cheap I thought I'd try my luck with bidding.
Currently submitted a $770 bid for business on my night flight to Europe. Layover is in Munich. Min was 690, 770 was the "default" number that appeared when i went to the bid page. At this point if i try to test buy a business ticket it shows 6 seats open.
Question. If the bid goes through, there will be baggage allowance, but will it just be for the first leg of the flight? Will I have to pay extra for LH to haul my bag from Munich to Rome? Or will they just give me my bag back in Munich and I'll need to take care of it myself? (planning to travel with a smaller bag so it can pass as a carry on anyway)
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by vavera4ka
Hi all.
I'm traveling from Chicago to Rome this coming Friday.
I initially purchased a ticket that has neither seat selection nor baggage allowance.
Since the ticket was so cheap I thought I'd try my luck with bidding.
Currently submitted a $770 bid for business on my night flight to Europe. Layover is in Munich. Min was 690, 770 was the "default" number that appeared when i went to the bid page. At this point if i try to test buy a business ticket it shows 6 seats open.
Question. If the bid goes through, there will be baggage allowance, but will it just be for the first leg of the flight? Will I have to pay extra for LH to haul my bag from Munich to Rome? Or will they just give me my bag back in Munich and I'll need to take care of it myself? (planning to travel with a smaller bag so it can pass as a carry on anyway)
You would have the baggage allowance for all the way through Rome. However, if you have a return, you would need to still pay for the bags if your return is fully booked in Economy Light.
vavera4ka likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:16 pm

Apologies for asking a very simple question to which I for some reason cannot seem to isolate the answer. From what economy fare classes is one allowed to enter the bidding process? Are there certain deep-discount economy fare classes which are ineligible to bid? Again, apologies as I know I am overlooking this somewhere, it must be a very common question...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.