Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa 'MyOffer' by Plusgrade [bidding for upgrade to PE, C & F]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you paid £30 to reserve Row 12 which was then useless because you upgraded to Business? Did you get the money back for the Exit ASR you paid for?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
So you paid £30 to reserve Row 12 which was then useless because you upgraded to Business? Did you get the money back for the Exit ASR you paid for?
Isn't the upgrade price lowered by the ASR fee?
I don't know for LH, but AFKL works like that.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’ve no idea...would be interested to know.

If so, for those of us with ASR for free, should we not get a discount on the upgrade?

Oh, I just saw a flying pig out of my window.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I’ve no idea...would be interested to know.

If so, for those of us with ASR for free, should we not get a discount on the upgrade?

Oh, I just saw a flying pig out of my window.
With the dynamic upgrade offers, nobody knows what's happening there anyway. Would be an interesting experiment.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by LondonFlight
Dear all,

I trust you experts out there will be able to help.

I bought flights last night from London to Rio de Janeiro in Premium Economy Restricted (N) leaving on Friday March 22nd and returning on Monday April 08th. I paid GBP30 on top of the fare to select seats in row 12 for the LHR-FRA-LHR legs. As soon as payment went through I was offered the opportunity to upgrade the connecting legs LHR-FRA-LHR to Business at GBP40 each which I accepted right away. Happy days – Business on the short legs, Premium Economy on the long-haul (first time flying Lufthansa Premium Economy by the way).

I was hoping to be able to make an offer to upgrade the intercontinental flights. Right now, when I enter my booking on Lufthansa.com, there is no link to MyOffer on either sector, only the “invitation” to upgrade each leg for GBP570 which is a bit excessive.

My question – based on your experience, can I have any hopes to receive the link to bid to upgrade the FRA-GIG-GRA legs? Is the link to bid for upgrades supposed to be made available right away after boking or does that depend on current loads in Business? Perhaps the link to MyOffer will never be available because of the booking class N, or because I upgraded the connecting flights?

I am not unhappy with the class of service that I paid for but would still appreciate the opportunity to bid to upgrade if possible. I wonder if the link to MyOffer will be made available at some stage.

I looked for answers on Google and here on Flyertalk and could not find a straightforward response so thank you in advance for your help!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you!
Hi hugolover! The £30 I paid for row 12 on both legs were absorbed into the £80 to upgrade instead. I double checked - the money was not lost.
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:16 am

I wonder if I can still hope to see the link to MyOffer Plusgrade at some point... So far all I see is the option to pay £570 per way.

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 4, 2019 at 2:16 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Hello UAPremierExecflyer,

Thank you for sharing the link.

I read the thread and was ready to follow the instructions on #406 when I thought I would try #381 beforehand - not sure if the link to MyOffer was generated in the past couple of hours but I was finally able to locate it.

To my disappointment, the minimum bid per sector is £475. That figure times two, plus the price I paid for my ticket in PE along with the £80 to upgrade the connecting flights will make the total cost well above the £1,499 that Lufthansa is charging for the LHR-GIG-LHR in Business on the same dates at the moment.

I thought I would be able to manually enter £200, £250 max per sector and see what happens.

Oh, well...

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 4, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:13 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

I cannot seem to find the bidding option on for my flights from Seattle to Prague. Are award flights eligible to bid for upgrade, or is it only for paid flights? Could I not have the option because my flight were booked using life miles rather than through miles and more?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£1499 was a great deal for Business, I would have booked that.

Shows how dumpy dumpy LH are these days from many markets.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:20 am

£1499 was a great deal for Business, I would have booked that.

Shows how dumpy dumpy LH are these days from many markets.
You are very right, it is a great fare. KLM and Air France also have some crazy offers in Business to Rio around £1,300 on my dates.

I thought I would potentially grab an even better bargain by booking Premium and bidding to upgrade.

Doh...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:56 am

I thought I would potentially grab an even better bargain by booking Premium and bidding to upgrade.
You are still within 24h of the booking and can therefore cancel for a full refund...
Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by malmostoso
You are still within 24h of the booking and can therefore cancel for a full refund...
Thank you, malmostoso. I booked on Sunday evening so the deadline is gone...

I am actually curious to try Lufthansa's PE product. I really enjoyed the Premium Economy experience on EVA Air and Virgin Atlantic, hopefully Lufthansa's will be another pleasant surprise.

I still would like to have been able to bid a specific amount though, as I thought I would. Is there a trick to manually enter the amount I am willing to bid per leg?

Last edited by LondonFlight; Mar 6, 2019 at 12:54 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: LX SEN
Thank you, malmostodo. I booked on Sunday evening so the deadline is gone...

I am actually curious to try Lufthansa's PE product. I really enjoyed the Premium Economy experience on EVA Air and Virgin Atlantic, hopefully Lufthansa's will be another pleasant surprise.
It is of course a matter of personal preference, but for me PE is perfectly fine on a day flight, as I do not value C food at all and the possibility to have a bed during daytime. On a full flight, PE can be a little dense, but nothing compared to Y. So you will be fine.
LondonFlight and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LH upgrade policy is not very competitive. We had this discussion before. its always the same price or even cheaper to buy a return C instead of buying PE and upgrade it. The only upgrade that is competitive is from Y to PE which is usually around 200-250 euros. The same applies with the airport upgrades fix price. Last time i was flying PE from Panama city to FRA and the airport price from PE to C was 1000 USD. No idea why someone would pay this amount.
LondonFlight likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:36 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by ermis177
LH upgrade policy is not very competitive. We had this discussion before. its always the same price or even cheaper to buy a return C instead of buying PE and upgrade it. The only upgrade that is competitive is from Y to PE which is usually around 200-250 euros. The same applies with the airport upgrades fix price. Last time i was flying PE from Panama city to FRA and the airport price from PE to C was 1000 USD. No idea why someone would pay this amount.
Maybe if a corporate travel policy dictates travel in Y or PE and this is one way to escape towards the front of the plane.
LondonFlight likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.