Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
New mileage earning levels: TK 25% Status Miles [2014-23]

Just saw this:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Please note the following changes to the award of status miles for flights from 1 January 2014:

from the flight date 01.01.2014 you will receive 25% of the award miles you earn as status miles.
Does anybody know what the reason behind this is?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by cas_de
Just saw this:

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

Does anybody know what the reason behind this is?
Very strange action by LH
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
In one of the Y class mileage enhancement thread a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to "watch this space" as more would be coming ... here it is.
I guess there is still more to come.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Very very weird. Why give status miles at all? Works fine with AI and 9W, and QR before they left had the same rule: just award miles, no status.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Very very weird. Why give status miles at all? Works fine with AI and 9W, and QR before they left had the same rule: just award miles, no status.
Maybe because that's what all partners do within *A - another question for next Monday...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
In one of the Y class mileage enhancement thread a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to "watch this space" as more would be coming ... here it is.
I guess there is still more to come.
There's also a long list of changes regarding earning levels for both *A and M&M partners. I didn't bother to go through the entire list, I just checked UA and SQ. Starting 1/1/14 the lower mileage earning levels apply to at least these carriers.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:06 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Instead of making it more attractive to fly on the M&M integrated airlines, it looks like they are making it less attractive to fly on non-M&M airlines.

Only some airlines are mentioned on the M&M website at present but I bet it will apply to other airlines in due course.

The announcement re TK is definitely new since I only looked at the very page last night when the announcement wasn't there.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
It seems TK is the new monster for LH, stealing their market share in many markets, of course, after EK and this is one of the ways that LH is retaliating at TK.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 7:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
... this is one of the ways that LH is retaliating at TK.
I doubt it. If it were the case, they would have just excluded the lower C and Y booking classes from earning any miles. Like SQ does.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
How sweet. The number of SENs in 2017 is going to plummet nicely. Now the question is whether to move to other *A and keep the benefits for two years or fly cheapo next year and start building status with OW in 2016
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
It seems TK is the new monster for LH, stealing their market share in many markets, of course, after EK and this is one of the ways that LH is retaliating at TK.
Well the merger/joint venture talks went down the gutter, so I guess this is the way LH is dealing with not losing their customers to TK. In fact the earnings on TK are quite good in relation to what you pay for your ticket. K fare that earns 200% to M&M cost around the same as a P(unishment) fare on LH.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I don't understand, would it really be possible to provide no status miles on a *A carrier? Surely that's part and parcel of any alliance. I don't think any carrier does that?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: LH HON, EK Plat, QR Plat, TK EP
It looks like it's still intern season...
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
I don't understand, would it really be possible to provide no status miles on a *A carrier? Surely that's part and parcel of any alliance. I don't think any carrier does that?
There are a ton of booking classes on SQ that earn no M&M miles, and all cheap fares in kont LH earn nothing on UA MP. Till Sep 1 P on some LH group carriers didn't earn anything on UA MP. I vaguely recall that in Sep 2012 P on domestic UA wouldn't earn anything on M&M. At one point the super duper C fares on the FRA-JFK SQ flight didn't earn anything in M&M.

So there are ways to 'punish' or discourage your core audience from flying cheap C fares on a competing alliance partner: just exclude the cheap C booking classes from earning anything. @:-)
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by CzeSEN
It looks like it's still intern season...
Its always intern season at LH, all positions saved via SCORE are nowadays filled with young smart kids working for peanuts for 6 months or so. Just to have LH on their CV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.