Wiki Posts
Search

New mileage earning levels: TK 25% Status Miles [2014-23]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I just checked all the changes to the mileage earnings table. TK is the only one with the significant decrease of status miles being awarded across all booking classes. The changes to all other airlines just reflect the adjustments of the earning ratios for the cheaper economy fare classes as communicated by M&M for LH recently.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by cas_de
I just checked all the changes to the mileage earnings table. TK is the only one with the significant decrease of status miles being awarded across all booking classes. The changes to all other airlines just reflect the adjustments of the earning ratios for the cheaper economy fare classes as communicated by M&M for LH recently.
A bit of pre-emptive coercion to discourage customers from transferring bookings from LH to TK?
or,
A bit of pre-emptive coercion to encourage customers transfer not only their bookings but also their FFP from LH to TK?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by N1003U
A bit of pre-emptive coercion to discourage customers from transferring bookings from LH to TK?
or,
A bit of pre-emptive coercion to encourage customers transfer not only their bookings but also their FFP from LH to TK?
N1003U since I know that you speak German, let me give you my personal interpretation of your post:

Es gibt Tage an denen verliert man und es gibt Tage da gewinnen andere.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:30 am

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Originally Posted by cas_de
Es gibt Tage an denen verliert man und es gibt Tage da gewinnen andere.
Genau.

Edit: Translation: Some days you lose, and some days the other guy wins.
(Google translate made a mess of this quote when I tried it)

Last edited by N1003U; Oct 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm
Old Oct 31, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
This change is both silly and sad. But it very much captures the spirit prevalent at M&M in the last few years.

Given that I've booked two Business Class TK trips for 2014 with an eye on requalification, it provides for the final nail in the coffin of my SEN-hood. I will likely be heading for greener pastures elsewhere.

Sorry LH, not even your super-duper program tenure stars, of which I'll have some, will manage to retain me. Hard to believe with all the cool benefits those stars bring, huh?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:10 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Not quite. You need to fly XXX (European city) - LH hub - SIN and back in full mileage earning Business Class 3 times and earn executive bonus to make SEN. IST-SIN is considerably closer than FRA/MUC to SIN and there's no executive bonus on TK.
Yes, but given the fact that a K fare on TK costs much less than a Punishment fare on Lufthansa I would say the generous 200% earnings would still make up for lack of executive bonus, which is only fractional anyway on these longer routes. For instance ARN-IST-BKK return in K class sells for just over €1500, which also has some flexibility included. As opposed to the punishable P that are almost impossible to rebook.

ARN-IST earns 1500 x2 (ironically cheap Y earns roughly the same to M&S on that route)
IST-BKK earns 9338 x2

So in total you're looking at 21676 miles. 5 trips should be enough to reach Senator.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I'm glad my flying pattern has changed to the point where I can just concentrate on OW. No flying to the U.S. and domestic on AC is more than manageable with Priority Pass lounge access. 0 Status and Award miles on M+M in 2013 so far. I'll miss LX (but I'm SEN till 2015 so I'll still fly some cheap LX P fares TATL if they come up in flash sales) and going through LHR all the time are the only 2 drawbacks. LH and AC are just the most gutted FFP's out there.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
And yes, they obviously want to reduce the number of status customers reaching status through Star. Makes kind of sense.
There's always that pesky law of unintended consequences.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:07 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I'm glad my flying pattern has changed to the point where I can just concentrate on OW. No flying to the U.S. and domestic on AC is more than manageable with Priority Pass lounge access. 0 Status and Award miles on M+M in 2013 so far. I'll miss LX (but I'm SEN till 2015 so I'll still fly some cheap LX P fares TATL if they come up in flash sales) and going through LHR all the time are the only 2 drawbacks. LH and AC are just the most gutted FFP's out there.
Same here. Requalified for my QF-Plat on the way to get Partner Gold. Will hit Life-Gold in 2014. 2013: 2500 Miles with LH. Domestic Travel goes to AB. Longhaul to BA/QF/EK.

My original plan was to try requalification with LH in 2014. I had some Eco Longhauls upgraded with Vouchers. Still my waitlist does not clear and revenue management tells me that they do not want to give me a "free" upgrade even if only 4 seats in C are booked!

I was thinking about two longhauls with TK and a few with LH to drive me over the 100k Miles - together with a lot of domestic and euro flights.

What is the situation now:
- Eco-Longhaul on LH cut into half (100% to 50%/25%)
- Eco-Shorthaul quartered (500% to 125%)
- Business on LX cut (2000 Miles to 750 Miles)
- TK quartered
- Prices for C/D/J fares out of any sense

So no chance to get near the 100k.

What now:
- Earn on Oneworld to keep Emerald and hit Life-Sapphire.
- Maybe change *A Program or give LH an other chance in 2015 when Franz is flying his oneway ticket with Virgin Galactic.

May LH put the Status stars into a part of the body where the sun does not shine...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Amen!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
Whatever happened to the three months' notice that Miles&More agreed to settle the Eggersdorfer case?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
http://www.handelsblatt.com/unterneh...e/9121976.html

Handelsblatt picked up the story today...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA Plat, LH SEN(RIP)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
http://www.handelsblatt.com/unterneh...e/9121976.html

Handelsblatt picked up the story today...
http://biztravel.fvw.de/turkish-airl...93/125837/4070

And they're going to end their codeshare agreement...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FelixB
http://biztravel.fvw.de/turkish-airl...93/125837/4070

And they're going to end their codeshare agreement...
So after years of communication on the unification of STAR Alliance codeshare agreements are being terminated? That doesn't sound very good.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
It looks like the dusk over *Alliance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.