Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Flyertalk Club Ren

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 12:40 pm

My ten reindeers are still confused about as much as I am. I guess it's going to take a couple more.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 1:26 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Great! We now have five followers of this thread! @:-)

I was worried Chief Ren might also be confused yesterday when he emailed Newbie Ren and asked which letters were still available for use. Let's hope he has recovered from his off-duty weekend.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 2:58 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Dec 11th: A very fascinating clue

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Great! We now have five followers of this thread! @:-)

I was worried Chief Ren might also be confused yesterday when he emailed Newbie Ren and asked which letters were still available for use. Let's hope he has recovered from his off-duty weekend.
^^^^^ for Oliver 2002s idea and text for the clue of the day (how I would call it). It includes - besides a great and ethusiastic phrasing - one of the most absurd parts of the SCORE programme.

If it would be in my budget range I definitely would book LHs First Class 4me and not BlingAirs pseudo suite. Reason for that: Just have a look on this seating:

http://www.lufthansa.com/mediapool/p...0%2F%20242M%29

8 great combinations of a seat and a bed on the Upper Deck of B747-400 with a spacious feeling of more than a private Jet. Really great and I am convinced that even the A380s sound-proof and secluded feeling isnt able to top that.

Compare that with:
- SR and the former Eco class (66/69 seats)
- BA and the 20 Club World seats
- other high density layouts.

And I really wont understand why Lufthansa cuts the number of eggs within its great First product.

And due to enhanced security measures even a Purser wanting to deliver perfect service to his Pax would have problems to have the additional (and privately bought) eggs passing the sec checks.

Am I right that eggs are "liquids" ?

So thanks for the great clue and looking forward to the one of tomorrow.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Silver, HH Diamond
I am truly amazed sorry to witness the extensive ClubRen screenshot collection you have gathered.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:28 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by t_no
I am truly amazed sorry to witness the extensive ClubRen screenshot collection you have gathered.
Thanks for the commiseration!

Now that the game has been mentioned in TalkMail, IMH, livious et al may face stiff competition.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
take out the previous ("expired") clues/letters and only the hardcore rens will survive Each clue expires after let's say 3 days aka taking out the manure
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Well, that wouldn't be fair wouldn't it? As many here know, the chief ren may get sued in court if the rules of the game are changed while the manure ball is in play...
Old Dec 11, 2012, 6:58 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
Of course it wouldn't be fair. But hey isn't this the M&M forum where we discuss things such as increase fuel surcharges, optional payment charges, devaluation of miles or other awesome enhancements such as P fares etc
About the suing, just hope that Tobias Eggendorfer isn't playing the game and you're good to go.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:02 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As many here know, the chief ren may get sued in court if the rules of the game are changed
Too right he would. These 'ere letters wot I've collected are worth 11/24 of a amazing and valuable prize, so I ain't going to let no one mess wiv 'em. You have been warned.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

The nice part is that I have not made the real prizes public yet, so there is enhancement potential there. @:-)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:27 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
PSE dont change the clues/ren images afer completion

Well, that wouldn't be fair wouldn't it? As many here know, the chief ren may get sued in court if the rules of the game are changed while the manure ball is in play...
IMHO you should leave the ren images unchanged, even after completion of the game. Like a historical treasure/heritage of this great mystery puzzle.

As a reminder on this really great method of looking back to the year 2012. @:-)
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Newbie Ren already has a list of Links compiled, we will publish the 24 answers in the OP when done. I'll keep the image links, no worries, have better use of my time.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
The nice part is that I have not made the real prizes public yet, so there is enhancement potential there. @:-)
Can't wait to find out out what they are! :edgeoftheseat:
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want a real "enhancement" you should publish the prizes with an expiry date prior to when redemption is possible, and then immediately prior to the actual redemption date change the values- now that is enhancement.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Or you can simply change the requirement to 30 letters a couple of days before the contest ends.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.