Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Flyertalk Club Ren

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Skywards
I like to win one of those comfy PJs I've been hearing about... And maybe if I'm feeling really generous and full of the magical holiday spirit I might volunteer my inaugural 747-8 (LH 416) plaque... but you gotta say pretty please...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:23 am

please.Please.PLease.PLEase.PLEAse.PLEASe.PLEASE!

HTH,
greetings kai
Old Dec 6, 2012, 3:50 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I shouldn't have taken them to Oxfam clothing banks then?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:54 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Clue for December 6
reserved for future use
So.... Has today's Ren been borrowed for Nikolaus duty? Or did someone forget to feed her/him? Or do I have to join Facebook, "like" NewbieRunner and sign up for TRAVELSIG's weekly newsletter? Not forgetting RT go2 #FlyerTalk #ClubRen #oliver2002 gr8t Lufthansa Strandtcher u.v.a.m. of course.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:27 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by IMH
So.... Has today's Ren been borrowed for Nikolaus duty? Or did someone forget to feed her/him? Or do I have to join Facebook, "like" NewbieRunner and sign up for TRAVELSIG's weekly newsletter? Not forgetting RT go2 #FlyerTalk #ClubRen #oliver2002 gr8t Lufthansa Strandtcher u.v.a.m. of course.
You can always "like" NewbieRunner or even TRAVELSIG but since this year's Club Ren is "FB-free" I don't know if it will make any difference. I can see the Chief Ren is online, so I'm sure a new clue will appear soon.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Chief Ren followed the 4U press conference while preparing his monthly report(s) and completely forgot there is a ren to hide and write about. Next clue is coming up in aboput 15 min!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:16 am
IMH

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Chief Ren [...] completely forgot there is a ren to hide and write about.
Excuses, excuses... We don't need excuses, we demand compensation for the delay. (European reindeer aviation authorities have consistently classified forgetting as "mechanical", so don't try blaming the weather.)

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You can always "like" NewbieRunner or even TRAVELSIG but since this year's Club Ren is "FB-free" I don't know if it will make any difference.
Okay... so how do I get a lounge and some trees to keep my six Rens happy?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Okay... so how do I get a lounge and some trees to keep my six Rens happy?
OK, here's an unofficial extra clue for those who can't wait until Chief Ren has done all his chores...

In 2010 Club Ren what did you have to do for the Gold Forester Award* and what did you get as a reward?

* Not to be confused with the Golden Forester Award of 2011 Club Ren.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:54 am
IMH

In 2010 Club Ren what did you have to do for the Gold Forester Award* and what did you get as a reward?
Plant x trees. (x=30????) Reward: Santa hats (5?) for the reindeer. Does this make me officially sad? Don't answer that.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by IMH
Does this make me officially sad?
Join the club!

Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Oh dear, I'm having a 'I must go out and get a life!' moment again...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:52 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Oh dear, I'm having a 'I must go out and get a life!' moment again...
Don't panic. Be strong. It will pass.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Added todays clue, I shall take a break from FT this weekend in London, so Newbie Ren will write the clues!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:07 am

I need some practice in Chief Ren's absence and to shamelessly bump this thread here's another bonus question.

In which year did Lufthansa reindeer game start?

Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:38 am
IMH

In which year did Lufthansa reindeer game start?
I'd have guessed at several years ago, but Google doesn't bring me anything earlier than 2009. Could that possibly be right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.