Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Question

Hello,

every time I book a UA codeshare ticket with LH flights in it - I am not able to select any seats but hey come back as "requested" which in reality means...no seat assignment - none of the reservation agents are able to help.....what can be done to get seat assignments when buying a UA ticket using LH metal?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Dear Lurkers,
I'm unable to select seats on a flight booked on a flight number LH with a TP ticket number. The system lets me select a seat, but after saving it, comes back with 'not available':

View Screen Capture

I have PMed you the record locator. Can you check what is going on?
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:26 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by LM225
PM'ed, thank you.
Dear LM225,
thank you, I received your details and answered you via PM.
Jens
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Hello,

every time I book a UA codeshare ticket with LH flights in it - I am not able to select any seats but hey come back as "requested" which in reality means...no seat assignment - none of the reservation agents are able to help.....what can be done to get seat assignments when buying a UA ticket using LH metal?
Hello Oliver,
my colleagues in the Lufthansa Service Centre can help in this case. There is a special procedure to book seat assignments via so-called “operating PNRs”. With these are the bookings it’s possible to add some service requests like seats and meals to your reservation even if the Lufthansa flight is booked under a United codeshare flight number.
Jens
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear Lurkers,
I'm unable to select seats on a flight booked on a flight number LH with a TP ticket number. The system lets me select a seat, but after saving it, comes back with 'not available':

View Screen Capture

I have PMed you the record locator. Can you check what is going on?
Hello Oliver2002, I have asked my colleagues in the Service Center to have a look at your booking. The have made a seat reservation on your behalf - this should be visible when you log-in to view your booking. Hope the seat assignment meets your approval. Best regards, Isabell
Old Jan 10, 2014, 2:40 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Unhappy

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hello Oliver,
my colleagues in the Lufthansa Service Centre can help in this case. There is a special procedure to book seat assignments via so-called “operating PNRs”. With these are the bookings it’s possible to add some service requests like seats and meals to your reservation even if the Lufthansa flight is booked under a United codeshare flight number.
Jens
Hello,

every time I call them they tell me since it is a UA ticket I have to call UA as they too get the "seat requested" message!
But then UA tells me as LH is operating....they can not assign seats...which I can understand!

I was stuck in an automatic assigned middle seat again!

Could you tell me what the procedure is called so next time which will be in 2 weeks i can try again to have LH assign me a seat on an LH plane...even so the ticket was issued by UA

This is really annoying and I would love to know what I need to tell them so they can not brush me off again.....

Thank you very much for your help - that is really cool!^
Old Jan 13, 2014, 6:13 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Dear LM225,
thank you, I received your details and answered you via PM.
Jens
Hi Jens, just sent you a follow-up PM. Still no reply from Customer Service.

Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Hello Lurkers, welcome back. My first question for this year: When should we expect the new benefits for SEN/HON to be announced?

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Hello,

every time I call them they tell me since it is a UA ticket I have to call UA as they too get the "seat requested" message!
But then UA tells me as LH is operating....they can not assign seats...which I can understand!

I was stuck in an automatic assigned middle seat again!

Could you tell me what the procedure is called so next time which will be in 2 weeks i can try again to have LH assign me a seat on an LH plane...even so the ticket was issued by UA

This is really annoying and I would love to know what I need to tell them so they can not brush me off again.....

Thank you very much for your help - that is really cool!^
Hello Germanfflyer,
it should be enough to tell the agent that he can book the seat assignments via the "operating pnr". This is a procedure which can be used at the moment, but it might happen that it changes in the near future due to some modifications in the reservation system.
Jens
Old Jan 13, 2014, 8:17 am

Hi Jens, just sent you a follow-up PM. Still no reply from Customer Service.

Thanks.
Dear LM225,
I just contacted my colleagues and they have sent you an email on the 08th of January, 2014. Have you checked your spam folder?
Stefanie
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:27 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Dear LM225,
I just contacted my colleagues and they have sent you an email on the 08th of January, 2014. Have you checked your spam folder?
Stefanie
I just did, haven't received anything. Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN
Hello! =) First time posting on flyertalk.com but checking the pages daily during the last years

I ll fly fra-iah-gig next week on Economy H. Im a LX SEN and in 2013 I flew UA 8 times and never had problems pre-selecting my E+ seat on UA.com or M&M.com.
Does it mean no more complimentary E+ for *Gold on UA? =(

Thank You,

DK
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by SMK77
Hello Lurkers, welcome back. My first question for this year: When should we expect the new benefits for SEN/HON to be announced?

From spring 2014 Frequent Travellers, Senators and HON Circle Members will be rewarded for more than achieving and retaining their status. During their status term, dependent on the number of flights they take, they will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of additional benefits and privileges.

Details of how status customers can enjoy these extra benefits will be available from next January.
Hi SMK77,
I’ve checked with my colleagues from Miles & More, so far they don’t have any information yet. They are expecting to have more news soon, you and all other members will of course be notified as soon as they are any changes.
Vanessa
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:42 am

I just did, haven't received anything. Thanks.
Dear LM225,
I will contact Customer Relations and ask them to send the email again.
Jens
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by dk911
Hello! =) First time posting on flyertalk.com but checking the pages daily during the last years

I ll fly fra-iah-gig next week on Economy H. Im a LX SEN and in 2013 I flew UA 8 times and never had problems pre-selecting my E+ seat on UA.com or M&M.com.
Does it mean no more complimentary E+ for *Gold on UA? =(

Thank You,

DK
Hi dk911, we don’t have any information about the benefits you have on UA when holding a +Gold status. Please contact them directly. I’m sorry I can’t help! Vanessa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.