Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: KLM, Alitalia, Iberia
Thumbs down no miles for flight

Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
Dear Michaela, Anna, Elke, Vanessa, Fatime and Isabell,

The most annoying feature of LH and M&M is the black box that is code shares. On the LH website one books flights with explicit mention of "100% mileage earnings". However, this is near customer misleading, since code share flights may go to any booking class known to man. That LH cannot provide customers with this booking class upfront is amazing. Please fix it, so that I see which booking class a codeshare flight will book into.

And don't give us, the "oh, we can't because it's to difficult due to (1) bla, (2) bla, and (3) bla " and also not "you have to call our customer support for that". LH knows the possibilities of internet information exchange does it?

We put men on the moon, this shouldn't be anywhere difficult to provide.

It's simply called good customer service.

Btw, great initiative this 3.0!
Hi,
I was scammed in the same way... Flight ZRH-BKK-ZRH. Booked under Swiss in S class both ways, but return was operated by Thai, which changed booking class to W, which means 0 miles. With this kind of behavior, airlines can steal as many miles as they want... really unfair for customers...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: KLM, Alitalia, Iberia
Question Entertainment on 747 - when???

Dear LH team,
I really find it unbelievable that a high standard airline like Lufthansa is still flight 12 hours flight with planes with no personal entertainment at seat... When I fly to latin America I refuse to choose LH if 747 is operating the flight. I prefer to fly through Canada or US with an additional stop over. It's annoying but people can't stay all those hours on a day flight without doing anything.

LH keeps saying they are in the process of gradually installing it on 747 aircrafts too. Is it possible to have a list of those 747 that LH has updated with personal entertainment?

thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by petnas
Dear LH team,
I really find it unbelievable that a high standard airline like Lufthansa is still flight 12 hours flight with planes with no personal entertainment at seat... When I fly to latin America I refuse to choose LH if 747 is operating the flight. I prefer to fly through Canada or US with an additional stop over. It's annoying but people can't stay all those hours on a day flight without doing anything.

LH keeps saying they are in the process of gradually installing it on 747 aircrafts too. Is it possible to have a list of those 747 that LH has updated with personal entertainment?

thanks!
As much as I like to blame Lufthansa ( ) - they've by now (almost?) finished retrofitting their 744 airplanes with PTVs, as much I'm aware.

And in today's world with 7 hour holding notebook batteries, Galaxy Tabs, Phones which can be fully used as media players, having no PTV doesn't seem THAT bad to me, and certainly wouldn't want me to endure another 6 hours or so in crammed economy class (With pay-for-drink "beer", like on US-American carriers, instead of free flow like on LH)

And then there is even the "book" option available..

And even without PTVs, you still get to watch a movie or two on the overheads (Yes, they're trully old-style, but it can be done.. )

At the moment, only flights to Denver, Los Angeles and Mumbai are shown as having the Non-PTV 744 operating.. (and I'm pretty sure it's not all flights anyway, as it's definitely less than 6 planes left to retrofit)

http://www.lufthansa.com/ch/en/Inflight-Entertainment
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:24 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Dear Lurkers

What a difference in Customer Service between the Canadian service team and the Singapore/Australian service teams. The Canadian service team is helpful, full of laughter and joy to speak to and goes out of the way to help me - a SEN member. Whereas the Singapore service team, all they can say is "No. Not our problem. You have to deal with US", "Its not the way we do it here", "Cannot help you", "We are different"...

This really reminds me why I don't like flying on LH out of SIN and to have to deal with the idiots at the M&M desk.. and each time I call, they say that I have called the general reservations line.

I made a reservation with M&M in Canada last night for a booking for tomorrow, ie 19 Jan 2013. The miles have been taken from my account but the ticket has not been issued. I understand that there is 24 hour cancellation option. I call the Singapore line and they said that I cannot cancel or else I will be charged a fee. But I told them that the ticket has not been issued.. and that is when I hear the "we don't have this policy in Singapore".

I will attempt to call the German line in Verl.. but can someone please tell me .. why the announcement is entirely in German with no option to switch to English? I understand "ein bissen" so I press 1 for Reservations I think, and am switched to something else.. and then I hear, "Press 2 for English".. which I do, but then it still continues on in German ! Then of course I am put on hold on end.. with no option to switch to English !

I am losing my SEN status this year.
Dear Guy Betsy,
I'm really sorry to hear that you apparently received contradictory answers. Would you please send me your booking data via DM so I can have a look? Even if the miles have already been deducted or the ticket has already been issued, there is the possibility to cancel it without a fee up to 24 hours after the confirmation.
I will also forward your feedback regarding the option for English speaking customers when calling the German Service Center.
Vanessa
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:25 am

Dear LH team,

thanks!
Hi petnas, let me see if I can get a list for you. I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Vanessa
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:48 am

Dear LH team,

thanks!
Hi petnas, here's the list of all 747-400 that are equipped with inseat video screens so far:
D-ABVC
D-ABVH
D-ABVN
D-ABVP
D-ABVO
D-ABVR
D-ABVL
D-ABVK
D-ABVS
D-ABVM
D-ABVZ
D-ABVY
D-ABVX
D-ABVT
D-ABTL
D-ABTK
D-ABVU
D-ABTF
D-ABTH

To find out which specific aircraft is operating your flight you can either contact the Service Centers, the Lufthansa Facebook and Twitter accounts and of course us here at Flyertalk. The earliest point to check which aircraft is used for a specific flight ist 6 days before departure.
Vanessa
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi berlinflyer83, please send me all details via PM, I will forward them to Miles & More to see if there's anything that can be done. Vanessa
Hello Vanessa, Stefanie, et al.,

I really do appreciate your attempt to contact Miles&More on my behalf, but the reply I received was basically the same as before. I don't know why telling me over and over that the miles were already credit to my M&M account is considered helpful; my request was never a transfer, or a deletion, but for LH to make right their own mistake. Miles&More seems incapable of addressing the problem; and their replies hide behind their service address, which you cannot reply to.

I'm quite frustrated by this ordeal, and I feel that Lufthansa has done wrong. Now, the thing about me is that I'm about as stubborn as your Miles&More staff, so I'll finally get to use my Rechtschutzversicherung for something useful. And I'll be booking as many flights as possible on airberlin. My Star Alliance experiment is over.

berlinflyer83
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Dear fellow FTers,

I just had to delete some posts in this thread which were not in line with the rules. Please consider this post a friendly reminder of the housekeeping rules:
  • Please do not to respond to queries posted by others directed at the lurker
  • This thread is flame free, so there are no stupid questions
  • The lurker will primarily focus on this thread alone, so if you want to attract their attention to a hot topic, please feel free to post a pointer in this thread
  • If a certain topic evolves into a discussion, please alert the mods so we can split off the discussion into a separate thread
  • The Lurker(s) are regular members of FT, so off topic comments about them, post stalking etc etc will be dealt with as per the FT TOS.

If you have a problem with a certain post or witness a violation of the FT TOS please use the "Alert a moderator to this post" button.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old Jan 21, 2013, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by berlinflyer83
Hello Vanessa, Stefanie, et al.,

I really do appreciate your attempt to contact Miles&More on my behalf, but the reply I received was basically the same as before. I don't know why telling me over and over that the miles were already credit to my M&M account is considered helpful; my request was never a transfer, or a deletion, but for LH to make right their own mistake. Miles&More seems incapable of addressing the problem; and their replies hide behind their service address, which you cannot reply to.

I'm quite frustrated by this ordeal, and I feel that Lufthansa has done wrong. Now, the thing about me is that I'm about as stubborn as your Miles&More staff, so I'll finally get to use my Rechtschutzversicherung for something useful. And I'll be booking as many flights as possible on airberlin. My Star Alliance experiment is over.

berlinflyer83
Hi berlinflyer83, I'm sorry that there was nothing we could do to help - we tried our best. Vanessa
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: LH SEN*2
Dear LH Crew,

concerning to reservation mails, I have a black berry torch and all reservation mails from LH are not readable for some reasons, they show a blank screen and attachments called ?application/x-rimdevicecalendar, if I try to open that, it alerts that "this attachment type cannot be viewed on your device". Mails about check-in are normally readable in html.

I had for some time as a trial for that problem the LH app installed, but that did not solve the problem, so I had to remove it. (I anyway have to keep the phone app free for security reasons).

Thank you for your time, Bernie2012
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012
Dear LH Crew,

concerning to reservation mails, I have a black berry torch and all reservation mails from LH are not readable for some reasons, they show a blank screen and attachments called ?application/x-rimdevicecalendar, if I try to open that, it alerts that "this attachment type cannot be viewed on your device". Mails about check-in are normally readable in html.

I had for some time as a trial for that problem the LH app installed, but that did not solve the problem, so I had to remove it. (I anyway have to keep the phone app free for security reasons).

Dear Bernie2012,
I just contacted my colleagues and will get back to you as soon as I receive an answer.

Best
Stefanie
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:25 pm

Angry Vanishing M&M Miles

I have carried roughly 150,000 miles at LH M&M for quite some time. Since I don't travel on LH often, I also have a Barclays MasterCard for which I pay a fee to prevent loss of miles. I just checked my account balance and discovered that 135,557 points were deducted from the account on Jan 1 as "Unused award miles over 3 years old." I contacted M&M and got a canned response essentially saying "hard luck!" because I had not used the credit card in a few months.

Is there any way of getting those miles back?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by n1805bn
I have carried roughly 150,000 miles at LH M&M for quite some time. Since I don't travel on LH often, I also have a Barclays MasterCard for which I pay a fee to prevent loss of miles. I just checked my account balance and discovered that 135,557 points were deducted from the account on Jan 1 as "Unused award miles over 3 years old." I contacted M&M and got a canned response essentially saying "hard luck!" because I had not used the credit card in a few months.

Is there any way of getting those miles back?
Dear n1805bn,

I am very sorry about the lost of 135,557 miles.

Award miles remain valid for 36 months from the date of the activity and expire — if they have not been used — at the end of the quarter. Members who have achieved Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member status or who have a German Lufthansa Miles & More Credit Card* are not affected by this mileage expiry deadline.
(*For customers with an international Miles & More Credit Card special terms and conditions apply.)

I empathise with your situation, but there is really nothing we can do in this case.

Best,
Fatime
Old Jan 23, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by Bernie2012
Dear LH Crew,

Hi Bernie2012,

the described problem was unknown to my colleagues so far. The specific department was able to understand the problem with a BlackBerry Torch and is now analyzing the causes and looking for solutions.

Thank you for the feedback!

Fatime
Old Jan 23, 2013, 6:53 am

Programs: LH SEN*2
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Hi Bernie2012,

the described problem was unknown to my colleagues so far. The specific department was able to understand the problem with a BlackBerry Torch and is now analyzing the causes and looking for solutions.

Thank you for the feedback!

Fatime
Hi, this problem is since I have gotten the phone some 2 years ago and I never managed to complain somwhere, the software is up to date, it has on itselves only basic factory installed software and only everything else regarding "free" social networking spyware is removed (twitter, facebook, youtube, google and all that stuff, all BB OS functions are there untouched, we checked that).
Bernie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.