Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official LH Lurker(s), LufthansaGermanAirlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:59 am
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Originally Posted by DLrunner
Hi,
Why was today's flight 618 from FRA->AUH diverted to Muscat?
Hi DlRunner,

due to heavy snowfall in Frankfurt on Sunday flight FRA-AUH-MCT could not depart as scheduled at 09.25 - it actually departed at 14.05. The crew who usually flies the whole route (FRA-AUH-MCT) then goes into layover. That day, the maximum allowed flight time of the crew members according to collective and statutory agreements would have been exceeded if the crew had flown the whole routing.
The crew would have been forced to fly FRA-AUH and to leave out the segment AUH-MCT. In AUH there was no LH Crew to host the connection flight, so that the flight was executed directly from FRA to MCT. In MCT a new crew could board and the passengers who wanted to travel in AUH in the first place, were able to get off the plane.

I hope this answers your question.
Kind regards, Maria
Old Dec 12, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines
Dear shipsmail,

unfortunately, we have no information about this rumor. I will contact our planning experts for you.

Regards,
Stefanie
Did you receive a reply from your planning experts already?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum
Dear f4free,

I already have answers to some of your questions:

-Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

Drinks and snacks will be included in the Smart and Best fares. In the future, à la carte drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on board with all fares.

-Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

A list of contract lounges to which HON and SEN will have access in Europe will be available on germanwings.com and the Miles & More media when the Best fare starts on 01/07/2013.
However, regardless of the travel class, HON and SEN will have access to LH´s own Business and Senator lounges in Germany and Europe and selected lounges in Europe if they hold a Germanwings boarding card valid for the date and place of departure.

-What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

As a status customer, you will have to forego the increased baggage allowance including golf equipment and priority baggage, although you will be able to pay € 70 extra to check in additional items of luggage. The same applies to special and oversize baggage.

Please understand that not all details concerning Germanwings have been finalized yet and that for the remaining questions I do have to do some more research. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Best. Maria
Hi Maria

I think Lufthansa are making a big mistake here with the benefits being taken away from Miles and More status pax. I (and many others I'm sure) do not understand why LH seem to want to alienate their loyal customer base by doing this. Surely it would make more sense to have named the new airline Lufthansa GermanWings and integrated it into the star alliance or at least left all FTL, SEN and HON benefits in place. I for one will look to fly with other airlines and do not plan to extend my sen status with LH after it expires.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:21 am

Programs: some
Dear f4free,

I already have answers to some of your questions:

-Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

Drinks and snacks will be included in the Smart and Best fares. In the future, à la carte drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on board with all fares.

-Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

A list of contract lounges to which HON and SEN will have access in Europe will be available on germanwings.com and the Miles & More media when the Best fare starts on 01/07/2013.
However, regardless of the travel class, HON and SEN will have access to LH´s own Business and Senator lounges in Germany and Europe and selected lounges in Europe if they hold a Germanwings boarding card valid for the date and place of departure.

-What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

As a status customer, you will have to forego the increased baggage allowance including golf equipment and priority baggage, although you will be able to pay € 70 extra to check in additional items of luggage. The same applies to special and oversize baggage.

Please understand that not all details concerning Germanwings have been finalized yet and that for the remaining questions I do have to do some more research. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Best. Maria
Dear Maria,
thanks for looking into this. A point for your management to consider - with HON miles gone for Eco segments and now HON status benefits gone as well I (and I guess many others) will easily switch over to AB and take advantage of my BA (or other OW) status for DE- EU flights in Y. Sad to see LH going down this path...and I hope they don't mess-up LX as well.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail
Did you receive a reply from your planning experts already?
Hey shipsmail,

yes, we received their reply just yesterday. Now I am able to assure you that we are still offering a first class cabin on this route. As I said: It was just a rumor… ;-)

Best
Stefanie
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott, UA, SI
Dear 4ssm,

I would like to contact the experts for you. Could you therefore kindly provide me with your file key via pm?

Best
Stefanie
Stefanie, please check the messages, I sent my filekey
Old Dec 14, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH Miles and More, DL SkyMiles, Bonvoy, Hilton
Posting of SEN re-qualification status

Dear LufthansaGermanAirlines,

Thank you all for your continued helpful replies to the questions posted here.

I qualified for Senator status in 2010 (until 2/2013), and then extended that status in 2011 until (2/2015).

With the major IT upgrade on lh.com that took place earlier this year, my status was set back from 2/2015 to 2/2013 (as was that of many others, I understand from discussions on this forum). Can you tell me when I can expect my status until 2/2015 to be restored?

How/when the re-qualification posts is particularly interesting to me, as I will be a bit short on status miles to re-qualify this year, and I am getting repeated reminders from lh.com that my status is expiring.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you and best regards, N1003U
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
Originally Posted by verve
Dear Maria,
thanks for looking into this. A point for your management to consider - with HON miles gone for Eco segments and now HON status benefits gone as well I (and I guess many others) will easily switch over to AB and take advantage of my BA (or other OW) status for DE- EU flights in Y. Sad to see LH going down this path...and I hope they don't mess-up LX as well.
FYI, I found the following in the M&M lounge news page:

"Extended status benefits with the ‘new Germanwings’ from 1 July 2013
10/12/2012

Extended status benefits with the ‘new Germanwings’
Following the merging of Lufthansa’s decentralised European services outside its Frankfurt and Munich hubs with Germanwings on 1 July 2013, in addition to being able to earn and redeem award miles, you will also be able to earn status miles on all Germanwings flights. When you book a ticket on the Germanwings ‘Best’ fare, you will also receive HON Circle miles.

In addition, as a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member, you will receive the Executive Bonus with 25% more miles and preferential check-in. What’s more, Senators and HON Circle Members can make use of the Companion Award and benefit from Lounge access in other European countries.
You can view the full benefits of the ‘new Germanwings’ here:

* Business Lounge access for a fee (25 euros) or with a ‘Best’ fare booking
** with a ‘Best’ fare booking "
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: some
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
FYI, I found the following in the M&M lounge news page:

"Extended status benefits with the ‘new Germanwings’ from 1 July 2013
10/12/2012

Extended status benefits with the ‘new Germanwings’
Following the merging of Lufthansa’s decentralised European services outside its Frankfurt and Munich hubs with Germanwings on 1 July 2013, in addition to being able to earn and redeem award miles, you will also be able to earn status miles on all Germanwings flights. When you book a ticket on the Germanwings ‘Best’ fare, you will also receive HON Circle miles.

In addition, as a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member, you will receive the Executive Bonus with 25% more miles and preferential check-in. What’s more, Senators and HON Circle Members can make use of the Companion Award and benefit from Lounge access in other European countries.
You can view the full benefits of the ‘new Germanwings’ here:

* Business Lounge access for a fee (25 euros) or with a ‘Best’ fare booking
** with a ‘Best’ fare booking "
Saw this as well and the message for me reads that HON benefits do not apply. E.g. Flying from ZRH to DUS there will be no Limo transfer in ZRH and not even sure about FCL access....bye bye LH, welcome Air Berlin
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:01 am

Thanks. What a great post. This is the information I was trying to obtain from Maria.

Maria - thank you for answering quickly, please share our concerns, and still try to get answers regarding seat reservations benefits in the forward extra-legroom section, exit-row advance reservation, etc.

The only good news so far is use of priority checkin counters. Further bad news is no priority tag on luggage and no luggage allowance. Also AB treats it's status members to a free onboard meal where others have to pay ...

Still unclear on seat reservations, extra legroom and exit row seating, lounge access for companions, etc.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Originally Posted by f4free
The only good news so far is use of priority checkin counters. Further bad news is no priority tag on luggage and no luggage allowance.
I would add the missing booking guarantee for Hons.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 6:07 am

Dear divjan,

I will do some research and try to find a not too complex response . As soon as I have an answer, I will come back to you!

Maria
Dear LH lurkers just a friendly bump....i am wondering if you were able to get any answers....
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by divjan
Dear LH lurkers just a friendly bump....i am wondering if you were able to get any answers....
Dear divjan, passengers with a HON Status will automatically be collected and transferred to their connecting flight - this is arranged by the ground staff in Vienna.
Whereas all other passengers are concerned: If you are arriving in C-CL and transfer onto a C-CL flight a limousine service will not be offered automatically. It’s technically not possible to check the tickets of all passengers to see if they might have a First-Class-Ticket to connect to in FRA/MUC/ZRH etc. However you can inform the Check-In staff at your departure airport, they will try to contact VIE airport to see if a limousine service is available.

Best regards,
Isabell
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by f4free
Thanks. What a great post. This is the information I was trying to obtain from Maria.

Maria - thank you for answering quickly, please share our concerns, and still try to get answers regarding seat reservations benefits in the forward extra-legroom section, exit-row advance reservation, etc.

The only good news so far is use of priority checkin counters. Further bad news is no priority tag on luggage and no luggage allowance. Also AB treats it's status members to a free onboard meal where others have to pay ...

Still unclear on seat reservations, extra legroom and exit row seating, lounge access for companions, etc.

Hi f4free, please be assured that we have forwarded your feedback and concerns -as well as those of verve and mamb0 - to the responsible department.
Vanessa
Old Dec 17, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: marriott platinum
Hi f4free, please be assured that we have forwarded your feedback and concerns -as well as those of verve and mamb0 - to the responsible department.
Vanessa
Strange as it may seem. But when Brussels Airline joined Star, they needed to upgrade to a full service airline. Now Lufthansa is sending the backbone of the company into a No-frills Airline. Note to LH management --- Europe already has Easyjet and Ryan air for that market and Richard Branson could not even compete that cut throat market. I guess we should keep our Senator cards safe, so we can show our grandchildren that we flew on a Lufthansa plane before it disappeared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.