Old Dec 13, 12, 3:22 am
StefanVonWochen

Programs: LH M&M Senator, *A Gold, Intercontinental Ambassador/IHG Platinum, Starwood Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LufthansaGermanAirlines View Post
Dear f4free,

I already have answers to some of your questions:

-Will there be free meals for SEN such as Air Berlin gives it's Gold members?

Drinks and snacks will be included in the Smart and Best fares. In the future, la carte drinks and snacks will be available for purchase on board with all fares.

-Can you give us a list of airports where lounge access for SENs will not be possible anymore?

A list of contract lounges to which HON and SEN will have access in Europe will be available on germanwings.com and the Miles & More media when the Best fare starts on 01/07/2013.
However, regardless of the travel class, HON and SEN will have access to LHs own Business and Senator lounges in Germany and Europe and selected lounges in Europe if they hold a Germanwings boarding card valid for the date and place of departure.

-What are the benefits of SEN and FTL regarding free checked luggage?

As a status customer, you will have to forego the increased baggage allowance including golf equipment and priority baggage, although you will be able to pay 70 extra to check in additional items of luggage. The same applies to special and oversize baggage.

Please understand that not all details concerning Germanwings have been finalized yet and that for the remaining questions I do have to do some more research. I will get back to you as soon as I know more.

Best. Maria
Hi Maria

I think Lufthansa are making a big mistake here with the benefits being taken away from Miles and More status pax. I (and many others I'm sure) do not understand why LH seem to want to alienate their loyal customer base by doing this. Surely it would make more sense to have named the new airline Lufthansa GermanWings and integrated it into the star alliance or at least left all FTL, SEN and HON benefits in place. I for one will look to fly with other airlines and do not plan to extend my sen status with LH after it expires.